Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
I'm looking for a tractor/FEL/BH and the B series should fit me well. I'll be digging for level off for a new semi above ground pull, putting an edition on my house so I need to dig into the hill for a foundation and some trenching for drains, etc. Other than that, I will be using the tractor for basic around the house landscaping and stuff. I'm comparing the 2650 to the 3350 and other than the 3350 having a little more HP, I don't see allot of difference although when I price them both out on the Kubota website, there is about a $4000 difference in price. Is there that big of a difference between the two machines that I am not seeing?

Also, the last tractor I purchased was from Barlows. Do they still deliver out of state? I emailed them the specs I'm looking for and waiting to hear back from them.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #2  
The early B3350 had some problems;the 2650 won't have the extra pollution controls and what I have read;put out more H.P.than rated for.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #3  
The 2650 should be just as good for the tasks you listed as the 3350. I think the engine is the only difference.

Just curious, why can't the L4060 do it?

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #4  
The difference is the engine. The 26 falls below the requirement for tier 4 emissions. It is a basic mechanically injection engine.
The 33 had to meet tier 4 so it is electronically controlled and has a diesel particulate filter on the exhaust. Plus to get the 33 hp, it is also turbocharged.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350
The L4600 was sold when I sold my house. Wasn't a good day for me that day. :( I never updated my profile picture because it a saddens me that it is gone. Once I get the new machine, I will update it.

So it seems like the increase in cost is the emission stuff then, other than that, it's just a few HP smaller. I can live with that.

I have another question. For the FEL, I have the option for the 54' QA bucket or the 60" QA bucket. Why would I want to go with a smaller bucket? I know the 60" is light material. Is the 54" heavier? Is there an advantage going with a smaller bucket? Also, how wide is the B2650's widest point? I want to make sure the bucket is as wide as the tractors widest point. The website states 53.7" wide, min tread. Not sure why min tread means.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #8  
You will have more digging power with the smaller bucket(add a toothbar).Light material bucket would be o.k. for snow removal;not the best tool but better than the standard bucket.

That is a good point. Not as much surface area which would give it more digging force. I am going to get a tooth bar also.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #10  
The engine in the 3350 is a 4 cylinder, that in the 2560 is a three cylinder with a few more CI, but without the turbocharger.

Four cylinder engines are more expensive than similar sized three cylinder engines but most of the increased cost is to satisfy the clueless feds.

Hopefully, we will get some of the nonsense rolled back in the foreseeable future.

Dean