Thinking about buying a new B2650

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650
I am engaging a 4 foot rear shredder/ mower at the 1100 rpm idle speed. Maybe I will get used to it but on any tractor with a clutch pedal I would not pop the clutch at 1100 rpm with any implement attached.
PS- I have also never owned a tractor that idled this fast but the salesman said it was normal for the B2650.

I've been mowing with my 2910 today, and it idles at 1100 rpm also. I guess I never really paid attention to it until you brought it up. :)

Joe

I got a quote today of $17,500 difference. That's not too bad, but I think I can get them to do a little better. I was hoping for around 15K, but that was probably wishful thinking. :laughing:

Joe

Well Randy came down, looked at my tractor, and we settled on the deal at $16,500. After looking at my tractor he upped his price $150 allowance for mine. It's a good thing I washed it today, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. :dance1:

He has to order the MMM and the manuals, but it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks at the most. :)

Joe

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650 #24  
I think you will love the mmm. I have the 60" mmm and I love it. It mows golf course quality. I also have a Land Pride 72" rmf that I mow my property out back with, so I am well versed in both. The rmf mows great also. I have never thought the mmm to be a hinderance to get on or off. I am 60 yrs old and can have either mower on or off in around 3 minutes. Good luck with your new tractor.

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650 #25  
I wished that I was just 60 yrs old................ It takes me at least 6 minutes................just to member how I did it the last time.:laughing:

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650 #26  
I wished that I was just 60 yrs old................ It takes me at least 6 minutes................just to member how I did it the last time.:laughing:

Haha. Ain't that the truth!! I forgot to specify that part of doing it. Wife and I say all the time it is a good thing there is 2 of us to remember things to get through the day!!

I hear ya guys. I'll be 69 in October, and things aren't getting any easier. My biggest problem is when I'm out in the barn or the basement working on something and I need a different tool. I'll head off for it, halfway there I'll see something else that needs doing. By the time I get to the toolbox I have no idea why I'm there. So I have to retrace my steps and after about 10 minutes of scratching my head and fooling around I finally remember what I was doing and what tool I need. So the process starts over. I've only had to repeat the process 3 times just once so far, but the older I get I expect the frequency to increase exponentially. :duh:
At least I'm still on the right side of the grass. :)

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650 #28  
I hear ya guys. I'll be 69 in October, and things aren't getting any easier. My biggest problem is when I'm out in the barn or the basement working on something and I need a different tool. I'll head off for it, halfway there I'll see something else that needs doing. By the time I get to the toolbox I have no idea why I'm there. So I have to retrace my steps and after about 10 minutes of scratching my head and fooling around I finally remember what I was doing and what tool I need. So the process starts over. I've only had to repeat the process 3 times just once so far, but the older I get I expect the frequency to increase exponentially. :duh:
At least I'm still on the right side of the grass. :)

Just turned 70 and this is a daily activity for me inside and outside the house.

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650 #29  
Turning 85 in a couple months............but living alone doesn't create as much embarrassment.:eek:
Let's see......what was this post about anyway.:laughing:

/ Thinking about buying a new B2650 #30  
Turning 85 in a couple months............but living alone doesn't create as much embarrassment.:eek:
Let's see......what was this post about anyway.:laughing:

Great point!!