Comparison Stupid Salespeople

/ Stupid Salespeople #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
I was searching for some info on line last night when I came across a video by some tractor dealer in Ohio trying to bash the Kubota BX 80-Series, while praising the Green contender. Actually, they were trying to perform a simple demonstration, but let me just say, Mutt and Jeff obviously shouldn't be operating ANY motorized equipment.
What frosts my backside is that the information they put out there is so skewed, it's just WRONG! Plain wrong. Now, any person who knows anything about tractors would see the errors in the two dipsticks demonstration, but it's just crazy that they could actually post something like they did while believing they proved their point.
First, they cycle loaders for raise and lower times, side by side. At 2000rpm, and idle. I've never sat around the manure pile bashing my neighbors tractor because his loader is slower raising or lowering, but who cares. The BX and 1-Family are not commercial units designed for racing productivity. Does speed matter with residential units? Maybe. Then, they do the same test at idle. Really? When is this likely? I can say, if I'm doing delicate work like backfilling petunias or scraping bird dung off my aluminum siding with the FEL, I'd rather have my slow-at-idle BX. Then, most every time, Mutt had his loader already raising or lowering before Jeff had a clue and the signal went from his eyes, to brain, to hand to move the joystick. Yes, I know the 1-Family (sounds like a Chinese dish) has a faster loader, but not a selling point for me.
The selling point is with removal of the loader. Mutt initiates the race by dropping the green stand, and backing away a foot, while Jeff has absolutely NO IDEA how the stand on his borrowed 80-Series works. He fumbles for 20 seconds and can't get the stand to engage because he has no idea that curling the bucket and releasing a lever does the trick. Mutt, all proud his loader is dismounted, gets off to pull up on Jeff's loader stand to accentuate it doesn't work. Absolutely comical. They never get Jeff's loader right, and NEVER show the real difference by Mutt getting off the Chinese Dinner Dish to uncouple and cap all four hydraulic couplers. Then again, Jeff probably would stare at the 80-Series one QD hydraulic disconnect, and never figure it out.
Then, Mutt and Jeff stand back and Mutt says what they feel is "the clear advantage in taking the loader off". Really? They never actually took both loaders off!
I think the growing corn in Ohio is taking all the oxygen. I'd gladly operate the 80-Series next to Mutt on the Happy Family, and show him why he shouldn't be selling equipment with false information.
I know it's a rant, but has anyone else gotten sick of skewed information by sales people? Moreover, salespeople who don't even know the equipment THEY sell?

/ Stupid Salespeople #2  
Well, you get a lot of the same here on TBN by guys who just like to bash Kubota's. So... I think it just comes with the territory.

/ Stupid Salespeople #3  
It's really kind of comical, when you know the facts. I feel, in the end, those kinds of tactics will only discredit the people putting it out there. They're just feeding the fan boys that will buy a certain brand no matter what.

I found, through my totally brand unbiased SCUT shopping a few months ago, each brand has strengths & weaknesses. The smart shopper must weigh those out against the jobs he/she expects to do with the rig he/she intends to buy. It usually comes down to details, as all the current SCUT's are really nice rigs.

/ Stupid Salespeople #4  
Due to the Internet and the fact that most anyone can download a home made video advertising hype has hit a new level. Just like any big purchase a wise consumer needs to investigate and find multiple sources to get real, honest facts and then make their decision. "Buyer beware" is even more important in today's fast paced Internet selling schemes....

/ Stupid Salespeople #5  
It goes both ways. A couple of years ago there was a Kubota video bashing the JD 1 series loader. It featured a ham fisted operator that I wouldn't allow within 20 feet of my tractor.

/ Stupid Salespeople #6  
I actually watched some of that video. Indeed it was very apparent that they had no idea how a Kubota worked. Hopefully most people who watch can see the same.

/ Stupid Salespeople #7  
Bashing of any of the major brands is nonsense. Talking up the brand you are selling is fine but bashing another major brand doesn't go very far in my book. There are many good brands these days and I own a number of them, but to think that other brands are significantly worse, well how could I possibly know? Same goes for sales people, they don't know. So take it at that, listen to their opinion of the their brand and POLITELY cut them off when they bash another brand. Then do your research. Some brands are conservative in their ratings and specs which I appreciate. Others are up and coming and bold, which is good for competition. But cylinder diameters are cylinder diameters and pump pressures are pump pressures, geometry is geometry and facts are facts. Specs are well, they are specs, not necessarily facts.

/ Stupid Salespeople #8  
What frosts my backside is that the information they put out there is so skewed, it's just WRONG! Plain wrong.

Just like CNN and MSNBC, it is hard to tell the facts from the ajenda.

But there is light, watch any one of Messick's John Deere to Kubota comparison videos. Neil does a great job comparing with out slamming green.