Price Check Kubota L47 Price Comparison

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison #1  

Peter 315

Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST Kubota L47 TLB
Checking to see if this is a good price? 001.jpg

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison #2  
That's about 11% off MSRP. Some deals get as much as 15%. Lots of factors involved;

Is the dealer close? Is the dealer someone you trust and would like to work with in the future?

Is the dealer tossing in anything extra? I see filled tired. Filters? Grease? A hat?

Whatis the next closest dealer? Have you tried taking that quote into them and seeing if they would beat it?

I was all set for the B26 and just about pulled the trigger, then decided I want an L47. I'm in the process of trying to figure out exactly how I want it. Mine will be more for personal use, but I still want almost every feature. I have been searching everywhere for the best deals.

Romans Outdoor power is advertising a new L47 for $46,690 through September 30th. A quick google search should find that deal. I'm not sure how far away you are from them.

Matt

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison
There are 3 other dealers near me i will check prices with them romans outdoor power is to far away

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison #4  
I think your best bet is to build the L47 it exactly as you want it on the website. Print out that sheet with the total MSRP. I would subtract 12% off that and use it as my target. Then I would go talk to each dealer. Have a conversation with the sales guy. Talk about your needs and what your looking for. Ask about service and warranty work. Ask if they will deliver the machine, and give you a thorough walk through on how to use everything. (That is a great opportunity to function check everything before technically taking possession). Find out if they will pick the machine up for service or warranty work. Maybe you have a trailer, either way it is a good opportunity to build a relationship with the dealer and see who you are most comfortable working with.

After this meeting, get a quote and ask for their best price. You can always let them know you sent for some more quotes, but you value the relationship with your local dealer, and reassure them it is important to you.

You should get a good quote at this point. Hopefully in the 10% off range. Then compare all quotes and decide which dealer you had the strongest connection with and how convenient thy are to your location. If you have a lower quote, take that in and use it to tray and get them down just a little more. Just remember they have to make money too. You don't want to be too unrealistic on getting a deal. The closer you get to 15% off, the more unlikely you will get freebies included in your price. Things like grease, filters, 50 hr service, etc.

Be patient for the best price. You will always pay more if you rush it. Enjoy the whole process. getting your new tractor delivered will make it all worth it! Keep us posted.

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison #5  
That sounds like a wonderful machine. Hope you get it.
Interesting that you are getting the pin-on BH bucket instead of the quick connect. I don't switch buckets all that often, but when I do, I like the convenience of the QC attachment.
rScotty - older M59

Thanks for your input, that quote is with all the options I selected. I have a Kubota already and have had other tractors so I am familiar with the functions, pretty much it boils down to getting the best price. You are right, I do value a relationship with the local dealer and try staying local, this is why I am hoping to be able to get the best price possible without too much haggling & running around. Have you gotten any prices yet? What options are you looking at on yours? I am not in a hurry, I can wait, I can pickup.... just looking for a good honest price.

I was going to get the 18" bucket possibly the 24" but once I decide it will stay on the machine, otherwise you are right... quick connect would be the way to go if changing at all.

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison #8  
With my L47 I got like 11.8% off the "build your Kubota" msrp price. + a free case of grease, a couple of hats, and a real cool jacket. Looking back I'm sure I could have had them throw in a set of filters for the 50 hr service, which came up pretty fast.

/ Kubota L47 Price Comparison #9  
I was going to get the 18" bucket possibly the 24" but once I decide it will stay on the machine, otherwise you are right... quick connect would be the way to go if changing at all.
I change out my bucket on my B26 from time to time depending on what I am doing. I have an 8" (custom built from an 18") that is perfect for trenching and I use a 12" for digging when I need to move a lot of dirt or clean out a ditch. My machine is not heavy enough to use and 18" but the L47 might work good with it. I don't think it could use a 24 unless you have really sandy soil. Mine is mostly rocks and hard clay so even the 12" is a bit too much some time.
I don't know what your uses are but if you are digging for a water line or something, I sure wouldn't want an 18 or 24" wide trench for something small. Just something to consider prior to purchasing.