New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #1  

MikeMainekubota

Tractor
Kubota/ B2650 Cab Loader/ Backhoe
Ok so i get a quote from my local dealer(60miles away) on a b2650 cab with 60"QA bucket , loaded R1, wheel spacers, 3rd function valve, landpride 1260 slipclutch bushhog,48" fork set
Says 30,304 cash delivered
Mind you i thought that was including the 77BH with 16" bucket and mechanical thumb...so i was pleased however he called to say he forgot to include that and it was 8600k more...
So i guess my question would be...would i be good asking for 35k total package? I know the dealer has to make their profit but I'd like to keep a little change in my pocket!
Am i being reasonable?

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #2  
I think the right price is somewhere in the middle. The dealer is offering around 6% off build price (assuming $1800 for the brush hog). 35K is around 15% discount. Typical is 10% off Build My Kubota price. Now I don't know if they charge for loading tires or not, my dealer gave me a little over 11% on my MX5200. That was with loaded rears, 2 hats and delivery.

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #3  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Mike. Glad that you joined.

Like JB, I got 11% discount and that included filled rears and delivery 50 miles away.

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #5  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

:tractor: I'm going to move this thread on over to our Kubota buying and pricing section.

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #6  
Welcome, im also in Maine. Mind me asking which dealer? You can save yourself a lot of money by pricing out quick attach forks elsewhere. The wheel spacers can be purchased online for cheap and are super easy to install yourself with a simple jack and impact gun so that's a way to save some money. Also if you've got some basic tools and can follow directions, the third function kit is a really straight forward and super simple install that will save you some money as well if you choose to do it yourself like I did. Another thing to think about is that 48 inch bush hogs come up all the time on Craigslist for a fraction the price of new and many times if you look around enough you can get one that's in really great shape which will also save money. Honestly though unless the dealer is offering some major incentives and or rebates for buying everything as a "package deal" I'd price out the tractor, loader and backhoe with the third function installed and purchase the implements elsewhere for cheaper if I were you.

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #7  
Don't forget to add KTAC insurance to the price unless you are insuring elsewhere. I ended up with a B2601 from Chappell in Milford. My OTD price with MMM, QA bucket, 3rd function to the front, backhoe, 16" bucket, thumb, alternator upgrade, and loaded tires was right at 30k including KTAC. I would have loved a cabbed B2650, but with the same options and insurance it would have been close to 40K and that was just way out of my range. They were in the same range, about 11-12% off. They were within a few hundred of what Barlow's quoted me, but are only an hour away, which was nice.

/ New Maine member looking for b2650 advice or opinion #8  
I have the B2650 and live in Me. also . The pricing doesn't seem to bad . My dealer recommended the landpride 6 ft. bush hog as that is what he used on his and I was only doing grass and med. high hay with it . He said if I didn't like it he would swap it out for the 5 ft. . It is right at the limit for the 2650 but I am glad I went with the 6 ft. as it covers the wheel tracks nicely . I wish I had gone with the R1 tires as the front r4's especially have absolutely no cushion to them . As far as the tractor itself I am really pleased with it and amazed at what it is capable of . I doubt if he would go for 35,000 but it would be worth a try , you just never know .