Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #1  

Frank Castle

Tractor
Kubota B2650HSDC
Greetings.

We own 5.56 acres of ~1acre mixed Tree's (LOTS of deadfall), unused pasture ~2acres with the mixed trees, and remaining lawn and buildings we are looking to maintain. Also being in Alberta, we get some wicked snow.

Previously I've used "ride on" mowers from craftsman, Bolens, and similar to maintain the finished mowed part, as well as tried commercial zero turn (grasshopper, Kubota GF1800). Those worked well but I'm looking for a cab'd solution, a real "do it all", larger than a lawn tractor but short of a full on AG tractor that can take care of my mowing and snow-clearing needs, with heat and air conditioning. I'll give up a bit faster mowing for something with a FEL, few implements, and air/heat. My lawn is no golf course (mix of grass, clover, and dandelions, but we're working on it)

So looking to mow just around 2.5-2.8 acres finished, very back and forth, not much to cut around besides the buildings, and the other acre or two rough cut, couple time a year, clear the driveway and a bit of the drifted road, general farm duties like deadfall, pick and place, things like that.

We have a fantastic Kubota dealer and I requested a quote for a b2650 with a list of goodies, I told him I wanted everything except the backhoe (no need), mid mount mower (a 3pt finish is just fine), and rototiller

My dealer quoted me for the following:

For the Tractor:
  • b2650 w/cab
  • Carl SR Bias Turf tires (he said those were the best he had that were good in grass, and in snow)
  • Wheel spacer kit 1.5" (just for stability)
  • BASE KIT AND FIRST LEVER
  • 2ND STACKING KIT & 2ND LEVER (I think those are for the rear remotes I requested? I have hydraulic top link I'd like to use, among other things)
  • Remote Valve
  • Remote Valve - Float Position
  • 5x 55 lbs Suitcase Weights (I requested front weight for when I have the loader off to mow near buildings but something heavy on the back)
  • Bolt Kit (For BL8060)
  • Weight Bracket
  • REAR WORKING LIGHTS

Radio and block heater come standard, as does a ratcheting side link and extendable lowers.

For the Loader:
  • LA534A Front loader
  • B7302A 3rd function kit (I requested ability to run a grapple)
  • B2366 2 LEVER SKID STEER COUPLER
  • B2346 Spill guard LA534 (I used a neighbors 95hp kubota once that had this, I love the feature)
  • B2324 54" SKID STEER BUCKET (I figured from my reading here this would give me more digging power than the 60", I'll add a piranha tooth plate)

For light snow fall cleanup of the 500' driveway and parking area:
  • B2785 72" Front Mount Blade (only $100 more than the 60" and won't be used for heavy snow)
  • B2714C Quick Hitch (can be used with item on the list as well)
  • B2764A Hydraulic Angle Kit

And for heavy snow and drifts (most likely 75% of snow clearing in my area)
  • B2782B 63" Front Mount snowblower
  • B2793 PTO Driveline kit
  • B2756 Hydraulic Chute Rotation Kit
  • BL2666A Hydraulic Deflector Kit
  • B2786 Extension Kit (I requested drift cutters, a google image search these are kind of those?)

I have a narrow driveway and windrows build up, from the videos I've seen these puppy's toss snow 30+feet

Yard cleanup, deadfall (cut up logs, brush, etc)
  • SGC1060 Land Pride Light duty claw grapple (I'd love an EA one but shipping etc, plus Kubota has an implement discount right now)
  • PALLET FORK 900LBS CAP (I have some stuff on pallets for storage, would like to move them around)

Gravel Driveway and parking area maintenance, as well as mole hill destroyer I hope:
  • GS1560 Land Pride Grading scraper
I also have a 6' farm king 3pt blade, so I didn't ask for anything like that.

Finish mowing turf maineince
  • FDR1672 FD REAR DISCHARGE 16 SERIES 72" finish mower

Rough cut
  • RCR1260 ROTARY CUTTER 12 SERIES 60"

Conviniance
  • a QH15 QUICK HITCH CAT 1 w/floating top (I dunno what that is, he said it's needed for the finish and rough cut mowers)

I wanted 3pt mowers so they are easy to lift up and clean, and most importantly take on/off (I'm getting old) as well as an easy on/off loader (take off for mowing and snow removal.

I didn't want loaded tires as I have a 3pt weight rack (adjustable from 350lbs to 1500lbs) for rear ballast and I want to be light on the lawn in the summer.

The only thing i wasn't sure on is the turf's, I read on here that the titan turfs were really good, anyone have experience with the ones's he's quoted in summer/winter?

Other than that I think that's everything I wanted in a tractor, am I missing anything any B2650 owners couldn't live without? We looked at larger tractors but I want to stay small near the tree's with a cab, but still enjoy a full factory installed cab.

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #2  
Sounds like you have all the bases covered;nice rig.My BIL has turf's on his L3300 and they seem to be good in snow and not bad in the dirt.Better choice than industrials(R4).Only bad info I have heard on the B2650 is that the cab is noisy;some Dyna-Mat should take care of that.

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab
Thanks,

I've read that (cabin noise) as well, and youtube video's of snowclearing support it, but I'd take that over mosquito's and frostbite anyday :)

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #4  
^ Only have about 6 hours on my B2650 but the noise, although noticeable, is not unbearable. I've driven sleds for days that made more noise! LOL

Escape from the skeeters is WELL worth the noise!

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #6  
IMG_0906.JPG

I have had my B 2650 for almost a year and really enjoy the comfort from heat, dust and bugs with the cab. I had asked my dealer about spacers and he told me known were available for this tractor. As for noise I wear Bose Quiet Comfort head sets that cut out the noise but still let me hear voices and the radio. Besides it bluetooth to my phone.

Attached image of my tractor shows the ballast box I made. A basic Kubota box filled with concrete and the two pieces of PVC allow me to holster a shovel and rake safely and out of the way. Yes, I have holes in the bottom to allow any water collected in the tubes to drain. Another must have option is a fire extinguisher the cab. I also installed a rear camera which reminds me I need to order a new dashboard monitor for it. Enjoy the new tractor

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #7  
Would someone please tell me how an image right side up gets uploaded to the forum upside down

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #8  
You must have taken that picture with an apple product? That's why the thumbnail is upside-down but the other is rightside-up.

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab
Thanks guys.

I don't have the quote handy but it's like 58k CAD all in, everything. Expensive to be sure but I want to buy once and be done. I could buy a bigger tractor and no attachments but I really like the b2650 size. I have until Sept 30th to decide so I wanted to ask other b2650 owners if I missed any "must haves" that I should be getting financed in. I have a big ballast box already, rear 6' blade, everything else I'll be starting over for this tractor.

/ Looking at a new B2650 w/Cab #10  
I bought the weight bracket and 5 suitcase for my B2650 but I wasn't able to mount the front weight bracket with the FEL grill guard. I didn't want to use the tractor without the guard so I returned the bracket and weights. Kubota should offer a weight bracket that fits with the FEL front guard.