MX Series Pricing?

/ MX Series Pricing? #1  

cold1313

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4D-071 Kubota F3990
I currently have a 2013, B3200.

I love the machine. Sometimes I'm glad I have that sized machine, but more and more, I need more lift strength, more weight, wider machine etc. I really need a front end loader that I can also mow the 'back 40' every month or so. I find myself doing more dirt work - i.e. moving dirt around the property, a backhoe would be nice, but boy are they $$ for the amount of hours I would probably put on it.

What I don't like about my machine (besides being light weight) is that it is narrow and tall (especially compared to my F3990). I have to mow NEAR my pond (natural pond) so it doesn't take much for the pucker factor to kick in. But I can drive my UTV, my truck etc along that some route and feel fine.

I was told I might want to consider an MX. Not sure how that would do on slopes. Long term I would like to be able to pick up 2,000lbs with pallet forks for moving wood pellets around.

I was told these are the most tractor for the money...how much money do these seem to go for?

/ MX Series Pricing? #2  
For 2,000 lbs on forks you would need some serious back-end weight and take it real easy. For new pricing, the best bet is to use the Kubota "Build Yours", or whatever it's called on their website. You should be able to get 12% (10-14%) off retail depending where you live and how savvy you are. Used brings almost the price of new unless you find someone desperate.

These are great tractors and the MX5100 is one of the best tractors I have ever owned or operated.

EDIT--After thinking about it, my guess is that 2,000 lbs is too much for an MX unless you can find someone that has done it and has first hand experience. I use 90 HP and an 8,000 lb tractor for a 2,000 lb pallet and feel OK with that. With my M7040 I can do it but feel queezy about it. Then again, I'm a fraidy cat on these things. And an MX is smaller and lighter than that. Just my two cents and I could be wrong.

Last edited:
   / MX Series Pricing? #3  
I've got a 5800 and I went through Barlow's...it was worth the 500 mile drive for his price. Tractors don't like sidehills period. My wheels are in the narrow position but I have been thinking about moving them out I think it gains about 8" which is significant.

/ MX Series Pricing? #4  
My L4060 has a loader rated to 1,800lbs. It's Rock solid stable picking up 1,000lbs with no ballast on the 3pt. My old L3200was rated to 1,200lbs & could pick up "1,200lbs" hay bales + pallet forks + extra leverage of the bale hanging a few feet out. The same L3200 couldn't lift one of the huge phone poles for my ranch arch so I'm estimating it at 1,600-2,000lbs. The L4060 didn't even struggle.

The Grand Kubitas are probably a little light for lots of 2,000lbs lifting, but if it's only ocassionally heavy lifts that might be enough.

You can get a bigger loader on the L4760 than my L4060 despite it being the same frame. There is also a smaller loader option to avoid.

The track on my L3200 was 60" & it weighed 3,500lbs. My new L4060 has adjustable rims currently set to 72" (can go down to 66" and a bit wider I think. Weighs 5,500lbs with loader & loaded tires. Despite being noticably taller that extra 12" of width makes it feel so much more stable. The extra weight helps too.

The grands are a nicer tractors with more bells & whistles. It was quite a step up in toys & weight, not to mention cost compared to my economy L3200. I hear the MXs are economy along the lines my L3200. It was a solid basic machine, but I wanted a cab & some of the extra toys so I upgraded. No cab on the MXes so they weren't on my radar.

/ MX Series Pricing? #5  
2000lbs on a pallet is within the capability of the current generation MXs (at least I do it). I run 1200lbs of 3pt weight, 1000lbs of RimGuard in the rear R4 tires, and 200lbs of wheel weights.

I do lots of loader work and have been extremely pleased with the machine. Currently at about 450hrs. I run a Woods BH90x too if you have any questions about the 9ft hoes.

/ MX Series Pricing? #6  
To answer your question, I recently got a quote on an MX5800 in Oregon:

MX5800HST 30,197
LA1065 w/ HD bucket 5,500
BB2572 1,245
RCF2772 w/ clutch & chains 3,094
SGC1072 3,119

Prices don't seem great, but it was the lowest among 4 dealers here.

Edit: Not super fair on that tractor price since it does have a lot of options. It includes 3 rear remotes, 2 float, 1 detent, a 3rd function kit on the front, a Top and Tilt kit, filled R1 tires, and a drawbar clevis. Cash price was only $750 less.

/ MX Series Pricing? #7  
Re: Decline Of US$ ~~ Potential Effect On Tractor Prices

Originally Posted by AxleHub

The dollar exchange rate to other currencies is ever-changing. It's important to notice that the dollar is not in a 32 month pattern of decline, it's merely in a very short term roller coaster pattern of value.

Farmers have historically been astute in holding various commodities to counter balance each other. If you have some gold or silver or copper the can balance out. But also to be noted, when our dollar is lower it's easier to export and easier debt repayment.

Lastly, in a global marketplace we also need to see that our trade in units increase in value just as prices of new units do and because our equipment lasts many years - any pricing changes up or down balance out over time.

You're right of course that the dollar moves up and down quite often . . but thankfully today w are no longer shackled by energy being always foreign supplied. And foreign tractor makers have certainly gotten a great deal of U. S. Based facilities established also.

GOOD POST, AXLEHUB.

In January 2017 the Wall Street Journal US/$ index was $93.94. Today it is $85.67, a decline of 9.1% since January.

Few publicly traded equipment manufacturing companies manage 4% net, net, net profit margins, so it is hard for me to comprehend how a 9.1% decrease in the purchasing power of the dollar can be absorbed when asian components are 60% - 70% - 80% of 18-horsepower to 70-horsepower tractors commonly considered here.

I think tractor price increases of at least 5% but more likely around 7% are probable in January 2018, assuming the dollar continues to skid.

I understand some components are manufactured in the USA, which is why I do not expect 9% or 10% prices increases.

I have been wrong a few times in my life, guessing the future of exchange rates. However, the dollar decline has been steady during 2017. The trend is your "friend" in foreign exchange markets.

Whether January 2018 price increases will come via increased MSRPs or decreased promos, or some combination of the two, we will see. Tractor demand is strong, often six week waits for popular tractor models. No reason for an asian tractor producer to let the dollar's decline eat into profit margins during favorable market conditions for sellers.

And, of course, tractor prices may not move at all.

/ MX Series Pricing? #8  
Any update Cold1313?

/ MX Series Pricing? #9  
Don't know what they go for new. But I got a 2012 model mx5100 HST last year with 350 hrs on the clock. No remotes or other options. Just HST tractor + loader for $20k out the door.

I put the remotes on later, and bought a tomahawk brand 66" grapple and pallet forks together for $1650. They are a good match for the tractor.

2000# pallets wouldn't be a problem if you are just unloading them from a trailer and shuttling them around. Just as long as you have 1000-1500# on the 3ph. My woods Ds96 mower or my frontier rb2396 are both suitable for that.

I am assuming this is just a handful of pallets for personal use. If you plan on moving hundreds of pallets a year, or plan on stacking them as high as you can reach....move if to a larger tractor

/ MX Series Pricing? #10  
<snip>Long term I would like to be able to pick up 2,000lbs with pallet forks for moving wood pellets around.

I was told these are the most tractor for the money...how much money do these seem to go for?

That is similar to my situation back in 2012, I needed a tractor to be able to pick up a ton. But I would have settled for the "on the 3 pt".
Well things got out of hand and I ended up in January 2013 buying an M4700 that does a ton on the FEL for $12,000.

With only loaded rears and a rounded bucket full of wet gravel/sand mix (I think that's close to a ton) I can bounce the rear if I drop the bucket a few inches quickly.
So if you want to be able to pick up 1 ton routinely you might want to consider having either something hanging off the back or a larger tractor. I know I'm tight for maneuver room in my 40x40 workshop w/ my M4700 when I'm putting stuff on the shelves: (apologize for the sideway pic)
attachment.php

and wouldn't have room for much hanging off the back so take that into consideration.

Now "how much do they go for"?

Like I wrote, I paid $11,500 plus fees for my workhorse (with 1,400 hours on it) in 2013. You should be able to buy new for about $30K.

Re: Decline Of US$ ~~ Potential Effect On Tractor Prices
<snip>
And, of course, tractor prices may not move at all.
Is this just a rant that needs to be in FP?

Attachments

• 20170917_112322.jpg
    20170917_112322.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,539