Used BX tractors with gear transmissions?

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions? #1  

L4400

Bronze Member
Tractor
See signature
Hello. I am curious as to whether there are any used BX series tractors with gear transmissions. I have been looking at older B5100, B6100, B7100, B6200, B7200, B8200 tractors. Just wondering if any of the newer BX series tractors came with a manual transmission. If there are any, please let me know of the model numbers so I can research them further. Thanks!

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions? #2  
I don't believe the BX series ever came w/ a gear transmission.

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions? #3  
Just a point of order: the Kubota the "B" models were not replaced by the "BX" series. K continues to sell the "B" series tractors, such as the B2320, which is a current model of manual gear tractor. Check out the Kubota listings in TractorData.com for information on various models over the years. A couple of the more common gear drive ones from the 1990's decade were the B2150 and B2400.

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions? #4  
No geared BXs to research. Not in America.

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions?
Just a point of order: the Kubota the "B" models were not replaced by the "BX" series. K continues to sell the "B" series tractors, such as the B2320, which is a current model of manual gear tractor. Check out the Kubota listings in TractorData.com for information on various models over the years. A couple of the more common gear drive ones from the 1990's decade were the B2150 and B2400.
Thanks for the info on the B series gear tractors, I'll check into those models.

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions?
Thanks everyone for the information on the BX's. I'll check into the "B" series gear tractors.

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions? #7  
Thanks everyone for the information on the BX's. I'll check into the "B" series gear tractors.

Bought around 23 Kubotas over the last 14 years. One was a gear drive, a B2320. Great tractor except it was gear drive. It was and is my only ever gear drive. HST for me and about 85% of the tractor buying population in the compact tractor (Bs). You should be able to find one cheap when and if you find one. There aren't a lot of them but they are cheaper because most buyers don't want them.

/ Used BX tractors with gear transmissions? #8  
Unless you are plowing a large field, the HST drive is much more user friendly, with no mechanical clutch to wear and replace. My first Kubota was a BX1860 with a loader and belly mower, and I replaced that with a B2601 for the weight handling and stability that I really needed. Coming from a farming background and growing up on all gear drive tractors around the Dairy Farm, it took a little bit to get used to the HST drive, but now I would never buy another gear drive utility or loader tractor again!