Pro / Cons of KTAC?

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #1  

cold1313

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M4D-071 Kubota F3990
On my first Kubota, it's insured under my home owners since it doesn't leave my property and no commercial use. No added cost to my home owners insurance.

Looking at a larger machine, I still won't be performing commercial work, but I can see running over to the neighbors to help with items - which my home owners would not technically cover.

Never looked at KTAC before - it seems to have some pro's and some con's.

The biggest would be if a major component were to fail from use - which I'm not sure how likely that really is (Light use on my equipment)

Lastly - Can KTAC be added to a machine that's a few years old?

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #2  
If you read all the fine print on both contracts; KTAC covers situations home owners probably will not. No insurance covers wear and tear or lack of normal owner maintenance casualty causes. I had KTAC cover an $8000 claim from working in the woods I doubt home owners would. It included rebuilding the HST due to overheating after losing the fan. It all boils down to risk aversion and coverage versus cost. KTAC is pretty cheap considering. I continued mine after paying off the loan.

Ron

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC?
I'm assuming I could cancel KTAC at any time? As long as my home owners is on it.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #4  
On my NH the dealer got me a policy through Wesco Instance (aka C&H aka a bunch of other names and a real pain to get in touch with). I called them and asked them what they covered and they said it covered damage like rollover, dropping agree on it, damaging a tire, etc. Per thousand it is half of what KTAC is. So, I called my home owners who said they could get me a separate policy or maybe convert my homeowners into a farm policy. Both said they would cover the machine in transit also. My home owners is also about half by what my agent thought it would be (awaiting quote next week).

I’m not exactly clear what my current policy and the one my homeowners agent is looking into differs from KTAC, although KTAC is much more as I was quoted (however the deductible was half).

I’m having a hard time with the price of KTAC versus what I pay now. I figure since KTAC is Kubota the dealers probably get paid a lot faster with fewer questions. I’m still in the process of making a decision here as well, so I’d be curious what others experience has been with other policies other than KTAC.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #5  
This subject is timely. I paid off my loan last month (three years early)and was refunded the money from the remaining term. KTAC called me and asked if I wanted to renew, and after some hesitation I said no, that the tractor never leaves the property. She said that the insurance would cover any accidental damage.

I said in that case, I would have a claim right now---damage to the hood, bumper, bucket level indicator, grille. Long story short---she issued a claim number and the dealer is ordering the parts. Cost is the insurance and $250 deductible and it gets repaired. If all goes right, I will have a fixed tractor. I'll let you know.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #6  
I called and talked to KTAC after buying my used, out of warranty BX25D and asked about some scenarios. I live on very hilly and uneven terrain, my biggest fears are rolling the machine and damaging it, or bending/breaking the loader bucket/arms. Depending on the conditions around the accident, most all roll overs were said to covered as the nature of being an accident. The bucket and loader arms are a bit more questionable as it could be determined to be abuse or wear/tear from use. But a tree limb falling and crushing the loader/hood/me would cover the non me parts. So for only a few hundred dollars a year, I opted to add the insurance. I did also ask about other tractor brands, and the fellow told me that he does not care what brand it is, his company can insure it for accidental damage under the terms of the contract.

If I were to roll the tractor and do body/mechanical damage to it, and this is the most likely scenario, that $340 a year contract would be a huge plus. You can do big value damage really easy when rolling a machine. I have the ROPS up and seatbelt on at all times, it is the hard set rule. Hopefully my biggest issue if it were ever roll would be the machine and not my body. I feel that the KTAC plan is a wise choice for me and if ever invoked will likely end up saving me more than years of plan costs.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #7  
I called and talked to KTAC after buying my used, out of warranty BX25D and asked about some scenarios. I live on very hilly and uneven terrain, my biggest fears are rolling the machine and damaging it, or bending/breaking the loader bucket/arms. Depending on the conditions around the accident, most all roll overs were said to covered as the nature of being an accident. The bucket and loader arms are a bit more questionable as it could be determined to be abuse or wear/tear from use. But a tree limb falling and crushing the loader/hood/me would cover the non me parts. So for only a few hundred dollars a year, I opted to add the insurance. I did also ask about other tractor brands, and the fellow told me that he does not care what brand it is, his company can insure it for accidental damage under the terms of the contract.

If I were to roll the tractor and do body/mechanical damage to it, and this is the most likely scenario, that $340 a year contract would be a huge plus. You can do big value damage really easy when rolling a machine. I have the ROPS up and seatbelt on at all times, it is the hard set rule. Hopefully my biggest issue if it were ever roll would be the machine and not my body. I feel that the KTAC plan is a wise choice for me and if ever invoked will likely end up saving me more than years of plan costs.

Interesting they can insure other brands. So I assume that means KTAC is actually a kubotaized version of a generic equipment policy...?

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #8  
Have KTAC on all three of my Kubota's...Thankfully no claims yet but the off property coverage is what I was looking for and it covers much more than homeowners either way.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #9  
On my NH the dealer got me a policy through Wesco Instance (aka C&H aka a bunch of other names and a real pain to get in touch with). I called them and asked them what they covered and they said it covered damage like rollover, dropping agree on it, damaging a tire, etc.

FYI, the stock coverage CNH uses is not as comprehensive as KTAC. Its much harder to make claims and get them paid, where KTAC seems to go out of their way to make things right.

/ Pro / Cons of KTAC? #10  
Interesting they can insure other brands. So I assume that means KTAC is actually a kubotaized version of a generic equipment policy...?

That was how I understood it. He spoke as if the insurance plan may be owned by Kubota, but they can insure other brands just the same. It struck me as odd and neat. I can buy a brand XYZ unit and call KTAC? Heck yea... I'm in.