Trade

/ Trade #1  

Rainbow6

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 2518-48
Guys, I will be moving and downsizing soon. I have a L3010
w/ 220 hrs, Befco 6ft finish mower w/ same hours and a 5ft box blade. I am told its all worth $11,000. I may have a chance to trade even for a brand new BX2230 w/ 5ft deck only w/ my local dealer. The BX would suit my needs, what would you guys do?

/ Trade #2  
The 2230 should cost you about $10K depending on where you live. The 3010 could easily be worth $14K depending on what model it is. Go to
http://www.machinerylink.com/resources/uevg/
and price your tractor model. You'll always do better financially selling it yourself. People overpay for tractors on ebay all the time.

/ Trade
Thanks for that great info, I will post to let ya know what I finally do. At $11,000, ( GST ) model I wouldn't lose too much. I have had two local dealers tell me thats what they would be asking on thier lot. We will see.

/ Trade
BTW, I know it seems crazy to trade these two, but around here ( Wendell NC ) you can get a brand new L3130 for $12,500 or so if the dealers feelin good. After tax there is about a $400 difference if I was to sell mine. Plus, I would be gettin a couple of xtras, boxblade ect...

/ Trade
I may have a buyer Mon, if not the dealer said we can trade, he will throw in a few extras. Does anyone know how much hassle it is to change blades on the BX series? I guess I have been spoiled the the rear deck on my 3010!

/ Trade #6  
It takes me about 20-30 minutes to change blades on my BX (60 inch mmm). I roll the deck out and tilt it on its side using the wheel kit that Larry Cohenno sells (moweraxle.com). I use an inpact wrench to remove the nuts and a torque wrench to tighten them. I also inspect and lube the mower at the same time.

Some people run the frontend up on ramps and change the blades while the mower is attached. I suspect you could do it in 10-15 minutes using that method.

John

/ Trade
Sounds like a good way to go, and I will take a look at the kit you mentioned. Already have the compressor. Thanks