Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #1  

ruralNearDallas

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 3240
For starters, what is a "lift cylinder hose". The book says to replace it, but for details see my dealer.

Secondly, where is it?

Thirdly: Really?

Thank you.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #2  
Re: Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

For starters, what is a "lift cylinder hose". The book says to replace it, but for details see my dealer.

Secondly, where is it?

Thirdly: Really?

Thank you.

Lift cylinders would be the ones that lift the main boom on the loader.

Between those cylinders & the controls.

Total BS. Maybe if you were doing life critical stuff. But then you should sell the tractor & get a man lift or something else right for the job. I don't plan on replacing mine until they are chewed up, rotting or leaking. I've seen 30 year old OEM hoses still running strong. I make sure never to let anything living under the loader unless it's braced with something though. Hoses can in thoery blow at any time letting that loader come crashing down. It sucks, but isn't the end of the world unless something living or extremely expensive & fragile is underneath.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #3  

If you have a Kubota Grand L the Lift Cylinder Hoses are on each side of the PTO shaft and connect to the cylinders that lift the lower 3 point arms.

Kubota is really CYA on all hoses, and at 12 years on my L3130 the hoses are just starting to weather check and crack. Start seeing rubber cracking and exposing the braid then you really do need to change the hoses.

The Lift Cylinders are single acting so just the one hose is used.

I am sure somewhere in the loader manual they have warnings for those hoses but the only hoses on the tractor are the lift cylinders and the steering controller to steering cylinder hoses.

David

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #4  

Inspect the hoses. IF they appear fine leave them alone.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #5  

Hey - the OP manual for my 2009 Kubota M6040 says the EXACT same thing regarding the hydraulic hoses on the FEL. I think it goes back to either a difficulty of a person who writes manuals, not being able to express in English what exactly is required or somewhat of a foulup in translation.

I inspect the hoses - replace if necessary.

BTW - my previous tractor, that I bought new in '82, and kept for 27 years - never had to have any of the hydraulic hoses replaced. Like the tires on my tractors - always stored under cover and out of the sun.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #6  

It would be many thousands of dollars to change every hose on my L39 TLB and excavator. 12 & 20 years old and it's going to happen someday, but not in 2 years.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #7  

If you have a Kubota Grand L the Lift Cylinder Hoses are on each side of the PTO shaft and connect to the cylinders that lift the lower 3 point arms.

Kubota is really CYA on all hoses, and at 12 years on my L3130 the hoses are just starting to weather check and crack. Start seeing rubber cracking and exposing the braid then you really do need to change the hoses.

The Lift Cylinders are single acting so just the one hose is used.

I am sure somewhere in the loader manual they have warnings for those hoses but the only hoses on the tractor are the lift cylinders and the steering controller to steering cylinder hoses.

David

Tractor loaders have down force. That means they have double acting cylinders.

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #8  

David was referring to the 3pt lift cylinders on the back. I have a grand L and those lift cylinders are exposed on the back along with the hydraulic lines. Agree with all - replace when they are chewed up or have failed.

HP

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years

Thank you much to all!!!

/ Kubota L series...book says replace "lift cylinder hose" every two years #10  

Read it again the 3 point lift cylinders are SINGLE ACTING

David