Buying Advice Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives?

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #1  

Ted in NY

Tractor
1951 Farmall Cub
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a BX23S (or B26 TLB) in the near future.

When are the best incentives typically offered? Although the financing spiffs being currently offered are nice, I'm more interested in tractor/attachment discounts. Spring? Summer? Fall? Winter?

TIA,

Ted in NY

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #2  
Hi, They change all the time

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives?
Hi, They change all the time

Understood, but are there better "deals" on certain items at certain times of the year? Are these deals nationwide or regional? Should I wait for year-end sales, like now, versus early 2018 "leftover sales" like with cars?

For instance, right now my local JD dealer is discounting a 1024R TLB for 10-14% PLUS 0% Financing so it's just about the same price as the Kubota BX23S from the Kubota dealer down the road. Comparing the two, the JD looks like it's a bit more tractor than the BX23S....just a local thing? Or nationwide?

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #4  
I got zero percent no money down in September from kubota

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #5  
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a BX23S (or B26 TLB) in the near future.

When are the best incentives typically offered? Although the financing spiffs being currently offered are nice, I'm more interested in tractor/attachment discounts. Spring? Summer? Fall? Winter?

TIA,

Ted in NY

Manufactures incentives are based upon business conditions and are generally not seasonal.

Dealers willingness to deal, however, are often related to the calendar. Dealers are usually more willing to "deal" near the end of each quarter and, especially, near the end of the year.

SDT

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #6  
I've bought more than 20 Kubotas from Barlows in Somerset, Ky whenever the decision was made to trade/buy. Never noticed him making any better deals at any one month/quarter than another. I believe he sets his profit margin and that's what he sticks to which usually always has him below most other dealers around the country according to the buyers that buy from him around the country that post here. He has always told me about the Kubota incentives that were being made at the time of our trade/buy. The new tractors are not owned, mostly, by the dealers like cars/trucks. The dealer only makes money when they sell one of Kubotas tractors (On hand, on the way or coming soon) that are delivered to a customer. Barlows also takes trades and buys used tractors and implements and sells those and the money from those sales is all his. I think he has money and can afford to hold inventory until he gets his price without giving away the farm or starving. :) . The implement companies may have incentives based on times of year and sales goals.

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives?
Interesting....it looks like Barlow's does FOB Dropship....I wonder if that practice ruffles the feathers of the local Kubota dealers and their respective territories.

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #8  
I bought my BX25D-1 on 12/31/2015. I had been looking for around two years, before I purchased. I almost purchased in April, but it didn't work out. If i had bought in April, I would have paid a few hundred dollars more. If I had waited until after January 01, 2016, I would have paid at least $850 more, for the same tractor and extras. Historically, I think the last quarter is the best time to buy, but I haven't paid as much attention, since making my purchase.

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #9  
Interesting....it looks like Barlow's does FOB Dropship....I wonder if that practice ruffles the feathers of the local Kubota dealers and their respective territories.

All Kubota dealers have the same plan. The dealers don't have to buy the machines unless they want to. The new machines are owned by Kubota and the dealer keeps their part of the purchase price (Letting each individual dealer determine their selling price and all dealers pay the same price for the same machine on the same day) when the deal is closed whether the new Kubota is on the lot, on the way to the lot or ordered for a customer to come to the lot.

/ Best Time/Season of Year for BEST Kubota Incentives? #10  
I've bought more than 20 Kubotas from Barlows in Somerset, Ky whenever the decision was made to trade/buy. Never noticed him making any better deals at any one month/quarter than another. <snip>.
I've been following Barlow's (and CL and many other tractor sources) since 2009.
There have been time periods, usually spring, that Barlow's wasn't making good deals over the phone for a number of TBN'ers. And there were complaint threads on TBN. They were just too darn busy to get to the phone!! Now if your like JT and just wander out your front door and get your morning coffee at Barlow's it's probably different :)

But beware sometimes they get very busy.