Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota M6040

Default Re: Do Kubota incentives last through buying process?

Seems to me, the easiest way to find your answer is to ask the dealer you are currently dealing with. He is the dealer you have chosen, now would be an excellent time to find out if his word is worth anything.
    Ride hard or sit your butt on the porch

"isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Tractor
    JD 4105 / JD D110

Quote Originally Posted by oosik View Post
    Seems to me, the easiest way to find your answer is to ask the dealer you are currently dealing with. He is the dealer you have chosen, now would be an excellent time to find out if his word is worth anything.
    I agree. And I also understand where the OP is coming from... and where the dealership is coming from.

So, my advice, after talking with the dealership, is to simply start making the payments on the tractor. kubota has their reputation to uphold too and I've not heard/read anything to the contrary.

If anything, Messicks is a member of TBN and you could PM them with your question.

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140 BX2370-1

I have bought several new Kubotas from Barlows. Some were on the lot and some were not. Steve Barlow and I have made the deals verbally and I've told him I'd sign the paperwork whenever he wants. Sometimes I've signed the paperwork near the end of the month and if terms got better the next month before delivery he gave me the better new terms and if the incentives got worse the next month he gave me the terms of the month I signed the contract and I've never paid a deposit in the past 10 years of 14 years buying from him.
    You should be able to sign a contract with current months terms that will be recognized/valid/binding at the date of delivery. Consideration (money usually) is one of the elements that is required for a contract to be legal. The promise of the purchase price is the money aspect and the described item your buying is another required part of the contract. You could believe giving the dealer a dollar at the time of signing makes it more binding but not really a legal part of a contract. Give the dealer a token deposit and determine who trusts who the most. The dealer can't lose if you don't go thru with the deal since he still has everything of Kubotas in his/her possession. If the dealer doesn't understand your concerns then they may need to be avoided. Maybe a couple of hundred dollars deposit for their efforts should you back out on the deal would be fair. The dealer isn't paying for what your buying, it's on Kubotas dime so the dealer is only in for their time. The financing is with kubota Credit which doesn't kick in until you sign for delivery as does the insurance whether thru KTAC or your private homeowners or other private policy.
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, 2017 BX2370-1, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" RD, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 72" Woods RFM, 60" LP Grapple, J DUNN Tree Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, LP25 Hydraulic PHD, LP Quick hitch, RatchetRake , Rip and Dig, LP BB, LP 50" Tiller, Snow plow, Titan SSQA Forks, Titan Hitch Mounted Ripper, Titan SSQA to 3PH adapter plate, Sickle mower .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 17 Cadillac XT5. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Tractor
    L4760 & BX24

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    ...You should be able to sign a contract with current months terms that will be recognized/valid/binding at the date of delivery...
    That's apparently part of the challenge here - I agree 100% you SHOULD - but you CAN'T sign a contract for kubota financing without a units serial number - and if the period rolls and the financing that was part of the deal changes prior to the serial number being issued to sign the agreement - you lose.
    While I agree with @RickB
    Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    Todayエs programs require today痴 contract.
    I also don't agree that never ever have terms not been carried over for a deal started in a prior period - there should be a way to "commit" in the current period and complete execution at delivery. Maybe in the tractor world you can't - which would be stupid - but with autos (my friggin truck cost LESS than this tractor) - the dealer can and has been able to ensure a late month deal that completes the process in the next period with different financing programs is allowed to use the program that made the deal.
    From my perspective - of all the things that can and do go wrong in a deal Kubota Financial doesn't do their dealers any favors by doing this - there are folks that the "monthly payment" IS the deal - and switching out terms on them is obviously a deal killer.

Tractor
    Kubota L6060HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    The financing is with kubota Credit which doesn't kick in until you sign for delivery as does the insurance whether thru KTAC or your private homeowners or other private policy.
    John you said something here which greatly peaks my interest and would eliminate my concerns. If I sign the contract, hence locking in financing and locking in the loan, is that different than signing for delivery? Or are you just using these two things interchangeably?

Lets say worse case something is majorly wrong with the tractor and it sits in the shop for 1-2 months. I dont want to be paying for something not in my possession nor have the insurance and warranty periods reduced that time frame.

Tractor
    L4760 & BX24

Quote Originally Posted by mljenkins View Post
    ...Or are you just using these two things interchangeably?
    Based on what my dealer said yesterday regarding my new purchase - they are one in the same - the financing + insurance if you opt for it through kubota, is "started" at delivery - with the serial number of the item(s) in the delivery that are under the finance / insurance agreement.

There's not a way to "start it" early to lock in a favorable financing term... i.e. - I can't "sign in 2017" to guarantee the 84 month @ 0% terms... I have to hope that those terms exist when the tractor is ready for delivery sometime in mid-January...

Tractor

The dealer (Almost certain) can get the serial number when the dealer places the order (If the machine has started production or produced) and then the contract which includes financing terms is "locked in". Many deals are made near the end of the month and if a dealer were to have to tell a customer they didn't know what financing would be when the machine arrives, well that would never work. There may be a glitch if an order is made and the machine isn't currently in production for some reason but the manuf should probably still know what the next serial number is going to be.
    Again as I said before, I've bought many new Kubotas near the end of the month and have sometimes straddled the incentives/financing by having guarantees at the time of the deal and then a redo if the machine comes in during another month and terms have changed to my good. It's not difficult because the first "deal" is voided and a new contract is written. One time it saved me $700 which is covered in one of my older posts done at the time.
    Any thinking about how car/truck deals are done will confuse the issue. Nothing like car deals/financing. Tractor deals and tractor financing and tractor franchises.
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, 2017 BX2370-1, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" RD, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 72" Woods RFM, 60" LP Grapple, J DUNN Tree Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, LP25 Hydraulic PHD, LP Quick hitch, RatchetRake , Rip and Dig, LP BB, LP 50" Tiller, Snow plow, Titan SSQA Forks, Titan Hitch Mounted Ripper, Titan SSQA to 3PH adapter plate, Sickle mower .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 17 Cadillac XT5. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Tractor
    L4760 & BX24

I知 simply telling you what my dealer told me and what my issue is.
    Factory has no serial to give. Won稚 have a delivery until mid/late Jan and the dealer has said the current 84 month deal ends when the ball drops on NYE.
    It may or may not be there in 2018.
    So - I知 an end of month deal that has no clue what terms may or may not be available when the tractor serial becomes available.
    My point about autos was - maybe the much smaller tractor market could learn a few best practices.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by fishpick View Post
    IŸ simply telling you what my dealer told me and what my issue is.
    Factory has no serial to give. Wonš have a delivery until mid/late Jan and the dealer has said the current 84 month deal ends when the ball drops on NYE.
    It may or may not be there in 2018.
    So - IŸ an end of month deal that has no clue what terms may or may not be available when the tractor serial becomes available.
    My point about autos was - maybe the much smaller tractor market could learn a few best practices.
    Looks like you may need to search more dealers to find an on lot machine that has a serial number.
    Dealers can get machines from other dealers but most of them don't like to because the dealer aquiring has to pay the transportation charges which can run into a few hundred(s) of dollars. Usually works best to locate a machine and then negotiate with the dealer that has it on hand.
    Doubt any tractor dealer has any interest in gearing their business model to reflect the car/truck selling model. Guess they would sell cars/trucks instead of tractors if they wanted to do that. I've bought over 180 cars and trucks in my life time and it was an adjustment for me to make the transition to tractor buying trading about 14 years ago. Finally got it out of my head and don't think of the two of them being in any way similiar other than the 4 wheels part, well also oil changes and brakes and throttle pedal.

Tractor
    Kubota X 4

I always though the incentives were to move the machines already on the lot?

David
    Grand L3130GST LA723 Loader, ATI grapple, ATI grapple bucket, WR Long front remote, Kubota rear remotes, Bradco 408 Backhoe with thumb, 60"KK brush hog, 60" RM Finish Mower, Speeco Post Auger, 72" KK rear blade, 60" box blade
    BX2230 LA211, RCK60, GCK60 Bagger,42"Land Pride Tiller, XB BB, XB RB, rake, Fimco 3PT sprayer
    G2160 RCK60 Mower
    RTV1100 Orange, Work Lights, Front Rear Winch,Rear Screen, High Mount air cleaner, water seperator
    2010 Polaris RZR 800 S
    2007 CAN AM Outlander 800 LTD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast