Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2501 hst, belarus 825

Default Best price on canopy?

Dealer quoted $500 for factory plastic $600 factory fiberglass but had nothing to show me and said two week delivery
    Was going to sell my L2501 and get a midsize cab tractor but just keeping it for at least 3 years now.
    Any other canopies to look st? Thanks

Tractor
    Kubota L4330 w/FEL, Kubota RTV900, Kubota ZD326S

Default Re: Best price on canopy?

Can you weld? Make your own with a $50 used golf canopy.

best sun shade ROPS canopy - AR15.COM

Tractor

Thanks that was my thread too lol

Tractor
    Kubota L4330 w/FEL, Kubota RTV900, Kubota ZD326S

Persec man, persec!

I hope it helps!

Tractor
    Kubota L2501

I bought the fiberglass canopy 4 years ago for $500.00. I use it in the forest and it has surprised me in durability as it has shed off a lot of large branches that I didn't see. Also, it took on my garage door that I didn't have high enough. The door suffered damage, the canopy came out of it unscathed with only scratches. I'm thinking that a plastic one would have busted.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

I went with the Femco Tuff Top on my tractor and my lawn mower. It's a softer plastic top that you assemble yourself. I've hit more branches with it then I can remember, and it just flexes a little. I've found that the shade makes it a lot more comfortable on really hot days. It's a significant difference!!!

When searching for the best price, I found Rural King to be the best at the time I bought mine a few years ago. I don't know if they are still the lowest price or not, but if I was to buy a third one, I would probably just order it from them again.

Femco 48" x 52" Tuff Top Canopy 32221 : Rural King
    Last edited by EddieWalker; 12-22-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by EddieWalker View Post
    I went with the Femco Tuff Top on my tractor and my lawn mower. It's a softer plastic top that you assemble yourself. I've hit more branches with it then I can remember, and it just flexes a little. I've found that the shade makes it a lot more comfortable on really hot days. It's a significant difference!!!

When searching for the best price, I found Rural Kind to be the best at the time I bought mine a few years ago. I don't know if they are still the lowest price or not, but if I was to buy a third one, I would probably just order it from them again.

Femco 48" x 52" Tuff Top Canopy 32221 : Rural King
    At rural king I was looking at this one
    Eger Products Inc. Tractor Weather Canopy Sunshade 4855 : Rural King

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Persec man, persec!

I hope it helps!

Great write up!

This topic has come up many times. When I bought my kubota B2710, the dealer in Waco installed a canopy from Wells Ag Company in Elm Mott (just north of Waco). They only sell through tractor dealers, although I have visited their place where they make those canopies. It's not the cheapest, but for my purposes, it was the best one I've ever seen. I have no idea what they cost now, but in 1999 (time flies) it cost me $295.

Wells Ag Company
    Bird

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140 BX2370-1

I started buying the fiberglas ones for my Kubotas several years ago for around $300. Got a L3901 which I use some in the woods but I have to have the canopy so went to get one and they are now $500. I have one on my F3080 and almost all of the front edge is broke off where I keep hitting tree limbs while mowing under them. I'll attach an edge of some type one day.
    Rather than pay the $500 I built one out of 1 1/2" PVC and attache d4 PVC pipes up and into the Ts and screwed down a tarp across the top for under $40. I drilled holes and used Dclips/ring to hold the top part on the 4 pipes coming up so I can remove it in under two minutes or under one minute for woods runs and reinstall it in a minute when the woods work is done. I poste dpictures and if you want to save money and spend 40 minutes making your own and don't weld like about 90% of us but have a drill you can click my name and look for my thread about a tractor shade/cover I posted. I also answer questions.
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, 2017 BX2370-1, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" RD, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 72" Woods RFM, 60" LP Grapple, J DUNN Tree Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, LP25 Hydraulic PHD, LP Quick hitch, RatchetRake , Rip and Dig, LP BB, LP 50" Tiller, Snow plow, Titan SSQA Forks, Titan Hitch Mounted Ripper, Titan SSQA to 3PH adapter plate, Sickle mower .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 17 Cadillac XT5. 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast