Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Default I Hate Trips to the Dealer...

Decided to take the front tires from my BX2670 in to have tubes installed. The bead leaks have become to much for me live with anymore.
    Anyway, what sits in the showroom, but a nice new BX2680 with the front blower... reminding me of what I really want, but settled for the less expensive rear-mount blower. Now I'm thinking that although I've resolved my FEL mounted snow blade issues, I really would be better off with a rear blade to pull snow away from the garage doors and clear the salt-soaked snow deposited at the end if the driveway by the county plow, and blow the main driveway (majority of the snow removal) facing forward.
    I've got to be nuts, because I have a brand new kubota rear blower sitting in the garage, that has been run once. It's drive chain is still orange with paint like the day it left the factory. The problem is that I'd like to put a cab on the tractor in a few years for when I retire, and blowing in reverse for 95% of the snow removal with a cab is just a literal pain in the neck. Then, the need for a rear wiper, yada, yada, yada.
    So, I got to thinking... I used to remove snow with a rear blade and FEL exclusively for years. What I really need to do is sell my blower and FEL blade NOW while the snow is flying to get the best buck, and just remove snow with a rear blade (I need to pick one up) and the loader until spring, and order the front-mounted blower this summer for delivery by next fall.
    Oh, then, of course, I see the 80-Series today and start thinking maybe I'd be better off just trading my complete BX2670 tractor, with FEL, 60" FEL Blade, 60" drive-over MMM, FEL Q/A, forks, and rear blower to get a better deal, AND get the easy off/on loader, etc.
    Would I be better off selling the FEL blade and blower alone now, or doing a package deal in spring? My BX2670 is barely over 100 hours old, so I have no issue keeping it and making the blower change, but if I can pull more out of the complete package and gain the new improved 80-Series, rather than give away the blower and blade, I'd like to just clean house. Thoughts?

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD LTR166 Lawn Tractor

Default Re: I Hate Trips to the Dealer...

Oh boy... just tube the tires and walk away! What will you do when the 90 series hits the market? Just pulling your chain. Figure the difference in cost (trade in) and everything you need to operate in your old age and then realize this will be 'it'! Good luck sir!

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140 BX2370-1

I could have told you to DON'T GO TO THE DEALERS SHOP!!!! but you probably wouldn't have listened or followed my good advise. .
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, 2017 BX2370-1, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" RD, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 72" Woods RFM, 60" LP Grapple, J DUNN Tree Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, LP25 Hydraulic PHD, LP Quick hitch, RatchetRake , Rip and Dig, LP BB, LP 50" Tiller, Snow plow, Titan SSQA Forks, Titan Hitch Mounted Ripper, Titan SSQA to 3PH adapter plate, Sickle mower .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 18 Ford Flex

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

Eight years ago I went to the dealer - just to check out heavier rear blades, for summer use on the driveway. I had a 1982 Ford 1700 4WD. There on the lot sat this BEAUTIFUL 2009, brand new, kubota M6040. God, I melted like an icicle in July. The dealer saw the look on my face and said - "I will give you EVERY dollar you paid for that Ford as a trade in against the new Kubota".

I was a goner - I've had the 2009 Kubota for eight years now and enjoyed every minute. Wish I would have traded up years before that.

It is MOST DIFFICULT to resist the new, shinny, option laden models on a simple, casual visit to your dealer. BE PREPARED
    Ride hard or sit your butt on the porch

"isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

You answer some of your questions already...talk w/your dealer about package price first than go from there.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MFWD, Kubota L3400 HST

Those front mount snowblowers are the cat's ***. The only reason I would go with a rear mount would be for my 5 series deere to be able to handle the HP.
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR)
    JD 550 Dozer 6 way blade and winch
    JD 450B Track Loader
    Case 480C Backhoe W/ Extend-a-hoe

'01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    ''08 700R Raptor

Tractor
    2009 Kubota BX25

Convert the rear mount to a front mount?

Tractor
    Kubota L3800 hst Kubota l47 tlb ( John Deere 770 sold )

I think you need two tractors a summer one and a winter one

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneggs View Post
    Oh boy... just tube the tires and walk away! What will you do when the 90 series hits the market? Just pulling your chain. Figure the difference in cost (trade in) and everything you need to operate in your old age and then realize this will be 'it'! Good luck sir!
    I know you're giving me $&@#%. I'm tubing the tires, regardless. I'll pick them up today. It's not so much the new series as it is the front blower. I should have just bought the front blower first, and I would have been using it. Instead, I have a new blower on a dolly I've wheeled out of the corner to sweep the spider webs out, and wheeled it right back in. Mainly because we've had no "real" snow in three years. I know it's a matter of time. I just think in my old age, I'd rather be looking and driving forward, than sitting side saddle cranking my neck.

Plymouth MA (where they burned the Witches)
    Tractor
    BX2370 60" MMM with bagger, BX5450 Front mount Blower, soft cab, 48" Brush hog, Several Gravely's, Lots of Land Rovers, Best wife EVER!!

Robert,
    I have a BX2370 and I went through the same loop! I figured I could do my 500’ Driveway with the FEL. I CANNOT think of a more inefficient way to move snow than a FEL. So I bought a Provonost Rear Blower, as you say it was a pain in the neck.

Pulled the trigger on the kubota 54” Front Blower with hydraulic lift and rotation, I put on an electric schnozzel deflector—its the BOMB!

I also have a soft side cab that is awesome!! I’m plenty warm and dry while I drive forward!!

Get the tool you want, take care of it and it will last a lifetime! It’s just Money!

Cheers ,
    BN

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast