Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2011 Kubota BX2660

Default My 1st ever Kubota

Hello all! New to forum and new to subcompact tractors. I own a 1.65 acre property with fairly steep slopes from yard down to road, which is why I am going to the BX with 4x4 vs the big box store Husqvarna YTH2348. That mower has served fairly well for past 6 years, but its just time for more power and functionality. So my brother in law is selling me his 2011 BX 2660. It has only 450 hrs and really has been used very lightly and well maintained. It is coming with the FEL, 60" MMM, and a front mount snow blade. After browsing around the google machine looking at the classifieds for this model/year, I'm fairly confidant I'm getting a great deal for $9,000. I'm seeing the same machine with similar hrs and less the snow blade asking around 12,500 to 12,900. Just seeking some feedback regarding price as well as any other comments/advice from other BX owners. BTW, the brother in law is moving up to a larger tractor. Not sure what he's getting other than staying with kubota.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: My 1st ever Kubota

TractorHouse is the go to place to see if your relative's pricing is right, however, Off the cuff, I'd say it's more than fair. That's a 20K package to replace with new. Knowing how the tractor was used and maintained is also a big plus, I'd say.
    BP

"Some chickens, some gardens and a Kubota."

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD LTR166 Lawn Tractor

That sounds like a very good price to me. You may want to look at wheel spacers if not already installed. Check for proper sizes for MMM configuration. I have these spacers... very high quality and they made a huge difference on my steep slopes.

Bro-Tek

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240

You are going to love it ! Use it in good health !
    'Master of a thousand indispensable skills destined to keep him at the poverty level'

'You can't beat a man at his own trade'

Tractor
    2011 Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by bp fick View Post
    TractorHouse is the go to place to see if your relative's pricing is right, however, Off the cuff, I'd say it's more than fair. That's a 20K package to replace with new. Knowing how the tractor was used and maintained is also a big plus, I'd say.
    Thanks for the reply, bp. Yeah the only machines I've seen in the 9K price range are ones with MMM only. And my BIL only used his for residential mowing and snow plowing and very rarely even had use for the FEL. So, all in all I'm very satisfied to get this machine at that price. As an added bonus, he just had it in to the dealer for a $500 complete servicing.

Tractor
    2011 Kubota BX2660

Thanks Dragoneggs. The wheel spacers certainly gives me something to think about. Though I'm not sure they would be needed for going straight up and down the grades in my yard. These banks are not the type you'd want to try and do along the grade. Just up and down.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2380 w/FEL, Woods RM48, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR

Congrat's on the purchase, seems like a solid deal. Knowing the history of the rig is good peace-of-mind, too. Should work well for you, based on your info. What type of tires are fitted? I bought a new BX2380 this past summer, and have used it several times on my rec property in SE Ohio, plenty of 10-20 degree slopes. The little BX is very sure-footed, and so easy to maneuver through the forest. Of course, extreme caution must always be used when operating on severe slopes. I always "double-think" anything I'm about to do when grades exceed 10 degrees (~20%).

Post some pix when you have time!

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD LTR166 Lawn Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by FritoDriver View Post
    Thanks Dragoneggs. The wheel spacers certainly gives me something to think about. Though I'm not sure they would be needed for going straight up and down the grades in my yard. These banks are not the type you'd want to try and do along the grade. Just up and down.
    Understand. I have been working on terracing my property in places. But I am sure you will get into situations that you want to be a little sideways (on purpose) and it is added peace of mind. One of the first things I added were spacers. Lots of other mods since but still ranks at the top. Pics not the best but hope you can see the difference in before/after stance.

My 1st ever Kubota-img_3777-jpg My 1st ever Kubota-img_3781-jpg My 1st ever Kubota-img_3788-jpg My 1st ever Kubota-img_5063-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Sounds like a good deal, I have the same machine as well as a BX2200. Spacers will also give you a bit smoother ride. I have the following on both ours:

1. Bro Tek spacers
    2. Wheel weights on one filled tires in another.
    3. Bro Tek skid plates.
    4. Stabilizer bars from Hodge.
    5. Trailer hitch from Fab Works.
    Clothes make the man; naked people have little or no influence on society - - Mark Twain

Tractor
    L3901HST F3080 RTV1140 BX2370-1

If Dragoneggs, BP and Triple R say to do something concerning BXs.....do it. They are like three old friends. Hadn't seen much from BP and Triple R and was wondering if they were doing well. Happy new year to you all and keep Kubotaing.
    My 6 year old grandson came to our home from school yesterday with a John D tshirt on under his unbuttoned shirt. He asked did I like J Ds. I told him his daddy (BX1500 MMM) his brother (BX2370 MMM located at my house ) and his Papaws Tractor, mower and RTV are all kubota and WE DO KUBOTAS NOT JDs. Sure someone put him up to it. But he is out of the will now!
    2017 L3901 HST FEL, 2017 BX2370-1, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" RD, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , 72" Woods RFM, 60" LP Grapple, J DUNN Tree Grapple, 6' LP Rotary Mower, LP25 Hydraulic PHD, LP Quick hitch, RatchetRake , Rip and Dig, LP BB, LP 50" Tiller, Snow plow, Titan SSQA Forks, Titan Hitch Mounted Ripper, Titan SSQA to 3PH adapter plate, Sickle mower .. and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 18 Ford Flex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast