Tractor
    2012 Toolcat 5600

Default Seeking advice from RTV X1100c owners

Hi, I'm looking for opinions from owners of the kubota RTV x1100c. I've done about as much research as possible however I highly value the opinion of others with experience. My purpose for purchasing this unit is mainly as a toy however I own a Bobcat Toolcat 5600 and will attempt to do many of the lighter tasks such as snowblowing, plowing my private drive as well as general cleanup around my properties. I'm not into off-roading, mud holes or trails so speed is not an issue but the required power to properly operate the attachments is a major concern. I'm not looking at comparing the 1100 to the Toolcat as I realize the Bobcat is a dedicated work machine however if the 1100 is as described by Kubota I just might be able to downsize somewhat. Thanks in advance for your input.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Deere 5100E/H260/MX15

Default Re: Seeking advice from RTV X1100c owners

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyGRC View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for opinions from owners of the kubota RTV x1100c. I've done about as much research as possible however I highly value the opinion of others with experience. My purpose for purchasing this unit is mainly as a toy however I own a Bobcat Toolcat 5600 and will attempt to do many of the lighter tasks such as snowblowing, plowing my private drive as well as general cleanup around my properties. I'm not into off-roading, mud holes or trails so speed is not an issue but the required power to properly operate the attachments is a major concern. I'm not looking at comparing the 1100 to the Toolcat as I realize the Bobcat is a dedicated work machine however if the 1100 is as described by Kubota I just might be able to downsize somewhat. Thanks in advance for your input.
    What are you wanting to do with it. I bought mine to use as a spray rig but use it more for recreational than anything now. We love it and use it several times a week.

Brett
    2017 Deere 5100E Cab 24/12
    MX15
    MX8
    BB4296

2017 Kubota ZD1211-60RD
    RTV-X1100C 2" lift, 27x11s, 4K winch

Tractor
    Kubota L3200 Deere X380 Kubota RTV-X

Among the range of UTVs out there, the RTV-X series are on the "work" end of the spectrum. Still fun to operate and drive, and very capable off-road (fairly nimble with good suspension travel), but these are definitely work-oriented, and the powertrain and hydraulics confirms that. We have an RTV-X1120D, same powertrain and configuration as the 1100C minus the cab, and it's been great. I didn't really need it when I bought it, but it turned out to be some of the best money I spent.

Tractor
    Kubota M6800 HDC

Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    Among the range of UTVs out there, the RTV-X series are on the "work" end of the spectrum. Still fun to operate and drive, and very capable off-road (fairly nimble with good suspension travel), but these are definitely work-oriented, and the powertrain and hydraulics confirms that. We have an RTV-X1120D, same powertrain and configuration as the 1100C minus the cab, and it's been great. I didn't really need it when I bought it, but it turned out to be some of the best money I spent.
    Same here.....I have a different brand.....out of all my stuff.....tractors, trucks, traditional 4 wheelers, mopeds, diesel lawn mowers, yada yada yada, my side by side is some of the best money I've spent. I have had a great love relationship with mine now for almost 8 years....I'm about to buy a new one and cab with heat and air is appealing to me....but the one I'm lookin at that comes with those options the doors and stuff easily come off which is great...
    2017 BX23S
    2004 Kubota M6800
    1974 IH 674
    2013 Sporstman 850 XP EPS
    2010 Polaris Ranger HD
    2001 Grasshopper 928D
    Grasshopper 60" Aeravator, IH 10 Ft Disc, 4 Row JD 7000, F/S UTV Sprayer, 11' Brillion Cultipacker, 72" Ratchet Rake, Herd Seeder, Bush Hog 276, Land Pride RC3615 Batwing, Land Pride Grader Scraper, 100 acres of Paradise...

Tractor
    Kubota MX5200

I have a Kawasaki Mule Trans 4x4. It's an absolute work horse, which is just what I bought it for. I use it for tending my honey bees, hauling fire wood (I can stack a full face cord with well-placed cribbing), general yard work, moving stuff between the barns, you name it.

Side-by-sides are also a major form of transportation from neighbor to neighbor around these parts. If we're on the road, I have to catch up (max speed of 25 mph). Through the fields and trails, very rarely hit top speed.

That said, of all the "toys" I've bought, this just might have been the best money spent.

Stop researching and start buying!