Price Check Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb?

/ Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb? #1  

aardvark

Gold Member
I've been looking around for a used B series, but frankly, I'm having a hard time finding a good one locally. A few days ago I found this site and started reading up on the BX series. When I first saw them on Kubota's website, and in the equipment trader, etc, I thought they were just glorified rider mowers. However, this afternoon I looked at a couple BX's at a local dealer, and wow was I wrong. Now I understand why everyone is talking about them so much. I've been calling around to alot of the dealers in Florida, and the best price I've found over the phone is $15k. I don't even know what MSRP is on these machines, so I have no idea if it's a good price or not. Could anyone help me out on this?

My only other option really is a B4200 with loader for about $4500. The price difference is huge, and is definitely a factor. Most used tractors down here are being sold by junk dealers. Basically people who go to auctions, buy a trashed tractor, throw a coat of paint on it, and then mark the price up 400%-500%. I really don't want one of these, so I started looking around for alternatives, leading me here.

Is $15k a decent price for a BX23 tlb? Thanks.

/ Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb? #3  
I think that is pretty fair. I just bought one a few weeks ago and was quoted $14900. After research here, that seemed to be a fair price. The lowest I have seen is around $14400 or so. The tractor is awesome. I had some reservations, but I kept coming back to the package. No regrets, works great. Another winner on their hands for sure.

/ Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb? #4  
To get something of a handle on Kubota list prices and potential "deals" you should tak a look at this independent website:
Kubota Prices & Discounts

It's configured with a pretty handy calculator function which will add up the MSRPs of the unit and all the attachments which you select, and then gives you some ballpark figures on what constitutes a good deal.

As others on the Forum have noted, prices will vary considerably in different parts of the country. Here in NC, it is a "mixed bag." Some dealers will deal, while others will hold firm to within 5% of MSRP, so it pays to shop around. IMHO, the closest dealer, i.e., the one you will be using for service should be worth some premium on the price. How much, only the buyer can really decide.

I seriously looked into the BX series for quite some time, but found that my requirements were better met by the Power Trac 425:
Power Trac Home Page

Good luck in your search.

/ Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb?
Thanks for the info. It turns out the B4200 is gone, so it's either a new BX or keep looking.

/ Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb? #6  
Prices vary around the country some. Also, what was included in the $15k? If that includes a 60" MMM then it is definitely a great price. I bought a BX22 in April of 2002 here in Louisiana when they were very scarce on the east coast. With the MMM & a Woods box scraper I paid just under $17k.

/ Is $15k a good price for a BX23 tlb? #7  
I have been looking at both the BX23 and the Massey GC2310TLB - the dealer in NH that I talked to wanted $15,900 for the BX23. The Massey dealer wanted $16,400 for the GC2310