Price Check 2005 B3030 Tractor

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor #1  

DanMosher

Tractor
Looking
I recently passed on an L3130 without a FEL.

I just found a 2005 B3030 (433hrs) with FEL(LA403), mmm, bush hog,box blade, rake,disc,spreader other little extras
I have 7 acres that is a little hilly. I want to clean up 3 acres of woods, maintain 700’ driveway...
He is asking 16500.
1. Any thoughts on price?
2. Would it be possible to add grapple on this model?
3. What about possible future BH?
3. How many hours can one expect to get from a tractor?
4. I have no tractor experience - would this be a good 1st?

Didn’t mean to shot gun the questions.

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor #2  
Price depends on condition and your interest- by that, I mean if you like the tractor, it's in good shape, and you feel like it "fits" your needs, then it is worth what it costs, within reason. The attachments you listed really add a lot of value to the price, especially considering your intended uses!

A grapple will require either a third function or rear remotes, and having a SSQA loader paves the path to installing a grapple. You can convert a pin-on bucket to SSQA, if needed, and the required hydraulics, while not a cheap installation, are very doable, and kits from Kubota or Everything Attachments make it happen.

Kubota did offer a backhoe with the B3030, and you might even find a used one, or after-market. Hours depend largely on proper maintenance... 2000 hours would be nothing to worry about, if the machine had regular service, and you should expect to get many more than that before major overhaul is required. 433 hours mean the tractor is just getting broken in. First major service is due about now, I think. If it still has its original hydraulic oil, then changing it to new Super UDT-2 will set you up for another 500 hours nicely. Sunlight and simple age can affect tires, rubber hoses and such, more than hours. Over all, this might be a good choice for your 7 acres.

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor #3  
The B3030 is a lot less tractor than an L3130, even though the hp is the same. Good machine for what it is, though and may be a good fit for your property. With those implements it will be a good swiss army knife. For that money, I would expect a machine in new, garage kept condition.

Good luck.

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor
You guys input is invaluable!

I am going to look at the tractor on Sat.
I think I will know more then.

As for more or less tractor size. I like the L series but the finish of the B is nice too.
I was wondering if any of you with big boots (feet) feel restricted by the hump down the middle of the L series?

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor
Price depends on condition and your interest- by that, I mean if you like the tractor, it's in good shape, and you feel like it "fits" your needs, then it is worth what it costs, within reason. The attachments you listed really add a lot of value to the price, especially considering your intended uses!

A grapple will require either a third function or rear remotes, and having a SSQA loader paves the path to installing a grapple. You can convert a pin-on bucket to SSQA, if needed, and the required hydraulics, while not a cheap installation, are very doable, and kits from Kubota or Everything Attachments make it happen.

Kubota did offer a backhoe with the B3030, and you might even find a used one, or after-market. Hours depend largely on proper maintenance... 2000 hours would be nothing to worry about, if the machine had regular service, and you should expect to get many more than that before major overhaul is required. 433 hours mean the tractor is just getting broken in. First major service is due about now, I think. If it still has its original hydraulic oil, then changing it to new Super UDT-2 will set you up for another 500 hours nicely. Sunlight and simple age can affect tires, rubber hoses and such, more than hours. Over all, this might be a good choice for your 7 acres.

I really appreciate the advise on the maintenance side. I had no idea about the major service at about 400 hours. I do believe it has been kept inside so that is an advantage on the issue of sun damage to rubber hoses etc.

I’ll be looking on Sat. If it is a really good deal - I will divert the funds for paying off my truck to the tractor.

Semper Fi
Dan Mosher

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor #6  
Dan, I am writing without any solid knowledge of B3030s, but other HST Kubotas I have owned, and serviced, called for an initial hydraulic filter(s) change at around 50 hours (guessing, since all the Kubotas I have owned were bought used with a min. of 500 hours) with complete hydraulic oil and filter changes again at around 400 hours. Air filters and engine oil/filter more often, of course. You will hopefully get the owner's manual with the tractor should you buy it, and that will take away any guesswork. That's why I usually go thru all consumables whenever I buy a used machine, just for a clean base-line to start my ownership and service with. There is good info available online for maint. requirements, of course.
If you are like me, buying something like a tractor used that is in very good shape when you get it is desirable, because with your future care, your equipment's value is maintained, both good utility for your your own use, and for holding future resale when you move on. Good paint, good serviceable tires and hoses, so forth makes a tractor worth more, likely much more, than the same machine that is faded, rusted and dented up, even though actual performance may be on par.
Maybe I am talking about "perceived" care, but whatever we call it, it has been good for my equipment when it was time to sell.

If you decide to buy it, please post some photos for those of us interested?

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor
Dan, I am writing without any solid knowledge of B3030s, but other HST Kubotas I have owned, and serviced, called for an initial hydraulic filter(s) change at around 50 hours (guessing, since all the Kubotas I have owned were bought used with a min. of 500 hours) with complete hydraulic oil and filter changes again at around 400 hours. Air filters and engine oil/filter more often, of course. You will hopefully get the owner's manual with the tractor should you buy it, and that will take away any guesswork. That's why I usually go thru all consumables whenever I buy a used machine, just for a clean base-line to start my ownership and service with. There is good info available online for maint. requirements, of course.
If you are like me, buying something like a tractor used that is in very good shape when you get it is desirable, because with your future care, your equipment's value is maintained, both good utility for your your own use, and for holding future resale when you move on. Good paint, good serviceable tires and hoses, so forth makes a tractor worth more, likely much more, than the same machine that is faded, rusted and dented up, even though actual performance may be on par.
Maybe I am talking about "perceived" care, but whatever we call it, it has been good for my equipment when it was time to sell.

If you decide to buy it, please post some photos for those of us interested?

Varmint,

We went to look at the B3030 this morning and decided to buy it!
I feel like we got a good tractor at a good price.
We settled at $13,500
He included all his implements: boom pole, auger, belly mower, bush hog,box-blade, disk,spreader and rake.

I want to stress my THANKS! I have never had a tractor and this was a big purchase. I will change all fluids and filters.
Do you have advice on first/initial service? I’m not sure if I should do it myself or take it to a dealer to go over for my first initial ownership service.

Thanks again. Once I figure out how to get it home, I will post some pictures.

Thanks again. I have been reading this site for about a year.

Semper Fi

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor #8  
Congrats on the tractor purchase! You'll have to post which model #’s the implements are when you have a chance.

I vote you do the fluids yourself so you become familiar with the tractor.

All the filters will be a bit expensive compared to a car, so just be aware of that.

There are two air filters (inner & outer), fuel, oil and two filters on the hydraulic side. The tractor hold approximately 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid so make certain your drain pan is big enough. There are three drain plugs on the hydraulic side and two for engine oil. All will need to be removed. Personally like using Super UDT2 fluid it’s only $25/5 gal more than UDT.

Changing the front axle fluid will require draining from both hubs. Gear lube (my preference) or UDT2 fluid can be used.

Grease all the fittings you can and don’t be surprised if you find a couple that won’t accept grease. A bit of disassembly (pin removal and cleaned) might be need to fix. At least that is what I’ve found over the years.

Before changing the fuel filter make certain the fuel level is below 1/2.

Should be under $250 for everything listed above.

Forgot to mention to change the coolant, check the belt tension and clean the battery terminals.

Last edited:
   / 2005 B3030 Tractor #9  
You did great on the price. Enjoy your purchase

/ 2005 B3030 Tractor #10  
Moship did a great job of covering what you should consider doing! Hopefully, you got the owner's manual with it, and with that in hand, you can tackle the service issues! Moship covered the not so obvious little details.

All I can add is definitely go with Super UDT2. I would order a filter kit on line, since it will probably save you some real money over the local dealer, but check with the dealer first, just to be nice. Since you will be using the tractor, it seems like a good idea to be somewhat familiar with it, and there's no better way than to carefully go thru the maintenance step by step. It can only help in the unlikely event that you have a problem down the road. Don't forget to check the tire pressure, too.

It occurred to me that just maybe the previous owner had done service on the tractor, so if that's the case, AND THERE ARE RECORDS of what was done, no need to waste filters, fluids and so forth that are perfectly serviceable. Just wanted to add the obvious that there's nothing to be gained by redoing what was just done.