Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #11  
Which would I buy? The Kubota. But Bob S' comment on the BX 3PH is right on target. It is limited and not truly a full Cat. 1. But the BX23 is designed to be a micro TBL. From the ground up possibly.

Now why would I buy the BX? Mostly because it has been around a while and I would like to think most of the bugs have been worked out.

The GC2310 has been sold for what, a bit over a year? Probably under two years anyway. Not that its is a bad product...just relatively new. And the price quoted is higher than the BX to boot.

I would not buy from a dealer I did not like though. I would also consider something a little bigger and that would add orther brand choices to the pot.

But in the end I would buy what I liked best! Remember you don't take the dealership or salesman home with you, you take the tractor. Buy what suits you the best... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #12  
<font color="blue">The GC2310 has been sold for what, a bit over a year? Probably under two years anyway. </font>
Actually the GC has been out a few years, just not in the U.S.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #13  
So you should buy a Yugo instead of a Toyota if they impress you w/ thier service? Go right ahead!?

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #14  
<font color="blue"> So you should buy a Yugo instead of a Toyota if they impress you w/ thier service? Go right ahead!? </font>

Mike's point was that you need to look at the facts and see through the saleman's hype when purchasing a tractor. I hardly think comparing a Massey Ferguson with a Yugo is a very fair example to use. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Kubota and Massey Ferguson both make equally comparable products, and that being the case, you need to look at addition things, like service from the dealer.

While I'm glad that Bota Guy and Rainbow6 like their Kubotas, other people may have differenting opinions and may like another color more, and that is OK that other people are different! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #15  
Bota Guy and Rainbow6,
Are you the same person or are we just privileged to have two people that are blind and closed minded in one place?

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #16  
<font color="blue"> So you should buy a Yugo instead of a Toyota if they impress you w/ thier {sic} service? </font>

With tractors that are roughly equal in capability (which is the case with these 2 tractors and unlike the comparison you mention), then the deciding point becomes the dealer and how they treat their customers, which includes their service department. It's inappropriate to blindly recommend a certain brand regardless of the dealer who is selling/servicing the tractor.

Also refer to this thread.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #17  
wchp,
I am sorry that this thread has deteriorated in the way that it has. Just try to wade threw the trash here and the garbage that the salesman spurt out. Get the tractor that you are comfortable with and also from a dealer that you feel comfortable with. A bad dealer can have everlasting effects on a good tractor.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #18  
I'm thinking that Jerry & Mike are still making a lot of sense that is not related to blind emotion. We all get caught up in brand loyalty from time to time. I went back and looked over this entire thread and I would still go back to my original post which basically states that anyone buying a tractor needs to look at how it fits them because both tractors are basically equal machines in terms of quality of build and capability of chores. They simply are from different brands.

Regarding the GC versus the BX, if one dealer is better than the other, then the dealer who is better probably should get the sale, ALL ELSE BEING EQUAL. Now if one of those machines fits you better than the other, then that machine would get the nod in my book, even if the dealer was SOMEWHAT inferior. Now if the dealer of the slightly better fitting machine was a total basket case, I might go to the better dealer and switch brands. We all need to understand that all of these pieces of equipment are very capable machines. Mechanically the GC has a VERY SLIGHT advantage over the BX, but ONLY in regards to the 3 pt hitch, and I would NOT let that overwhelm my choice if there are other areas of consideration that mean more to a potential buyer.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #19  
OK, OK, so thats a bit steep. Surely not intending to offend and I hope you are as happy w/ your purchase as I am w/ mine. ( My Orange Crush ) But does being a "veteran" member mean you can throw out personal insults? Lighten up, gee...

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #20  
Come on, guys, please. Let's lighten up; no need for anyone to get mad, or start personal attacks, because someone disagrees with his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.