Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #1  

wchp

Have narrowed my tractor choice down to these two units.
GC2310 @ $18,500 and BX23 @ 17,575.
Plan on adding a mulching 54” deck to either one.
1+ acre cleared land/grass/yard with 1 80’ long incline 100’ wide at about 22 degree incline to mow. Another 1.5 acres of 20 year woods over old farmland I want to partially clear of the majority of trees to make it into a glade and then another acre of swampy area I want to trench for drainage.
Thinking Turf tires here as well.
I am not able to get any clear definitive answer on which one will work better for my needs.
Kubota sales rep talks about all built by Kubota, Massey guy talks about his service(how much or for that matter why would a NEW tractor need service.
The only difference I have been able to extract from any of my buying conversations with sales staff has been that a JD, MF and BX lined up on a 30 degree hill climb in high gear only the BX has a tranny matched to motor and will make it. The JD and MF will suffer Hydrostatic Stall and require you to back down the hill and start out in low to make it.

Any other thought from anyone?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #2  
Welcome to TBN, wchp! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No need to double post on TBN. Many people at least read the Subject lines on all forums.

These 2 tractors are pretty much the same, i.e., mini-TLBs.

<font color="blue"> Massey guy talks about his service(how much or for that matter why would a NEW tractor need service.</font>
I'd go with this guy. It's not if you will need service, it's when. If not service under warranty, then just the normal wear items.

<font color="blue"> a JD, MF and BX lined up on a 30 degree hill climb in high gear only the BX has a tranny matched to motor and will make it. The JD and MF will suffer Hydrostatic Stall and require you to back down the hill and start out in low to make it. </font>
This is almost meaningless sales propaganda. I would not go with this dealer just for trying to 'snow' you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #3  
The two tractors are nearly identical in terms of performance and dimensions. I recently bought a Kubota BX23, and I don't know why someone would want to buy a Massesy Ferguson over a Kubota. I agree with the service part, I don't expect to have the tractor fail, I have Kubota experience and their dealer network is nearly second to none. The key for me is the dedication and near perfection of the Compact tractors, and compact machinery in general. Kubota is committed and is the proven leader in the industry. It seems like the other brands are more reactionary to what Kubota does. Before you other barnd owners get your feathers ruffled, this does not mean I think Kubota is light years ahead. But the simple fact is that KUBOTA is committed and established in the compact tractor market. I would consider the Massey to be an after-thought, "jump on the band wagon so we can profit a little " from the market created by the Kubota BX series tractors.

The only innovation and market vision has been established by Kubota, and the rest follow in this catagory of compacts. The others are good, no question.....but you have to wonder if the others are as committed for the long haul as Kubota.

I know dealer selection is important...but not terribly important except when choosing between two dealers of the SAME brand. There are lots of dealers and all of them can and will fix your tractor. They will not refuse service.

I think you will find the Kubota and the Massey to be fine choices, I know my Kubota is great. Kubota builds a Kubota tractor, no excuses, no asterisks, no question. Most other brands have their tractors "Built" for them, and then they tag on their name.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #4  
I tend to agree with MikeP overall.

Too many people focus on specs that are meaningless or on brand name. The GC from Massey has a better (in my opinion) 3pt hitch arrangement than the BX. Both are very capable tractors, but I would favor the dealer that stresses his good points and doesn't bring up shortcomings of other brands. If a dealer starts to bring up issues about other brands that always makes me wonder if they know much about their own brand.

Have you tried both machines? Does one seem to fit you better? Do the controls of one seem more intuitive to you than the controls of the other? Do your hands naturally rest on the controls without causing you to slump over or to stretch to reach them? Those are all MUCH MORE important factors than the brand or than the theoretical lift capacity of the 3pt hitch or the many other things that are listed in the spec sheets.

Also, which dealer do you like better?

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #6  
Ohhh...forgot to mention. I paid $14900 for the Kubota BX23, tractor loader backhoe, and $1700 for the 60 inch mid mount mower. I can see no reason to pay more for a copy of the Kubota BX23...unless you like Red.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #7  
What makes you think the Kubota dealer will not service you as well as the Massey guy?! In my experience the one who talks the most is nowhere to be seen when you need em. Also, I believe that the Kubota engines are superior, and have been told so by a dealer who has sold em both for over 20 years. Anyway, good luck.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #8  
I agree. Hands down the Kubota diesel is the standard by which all others are judged. It is used in more compact construction equipment than any other diesel engine make.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #9  
Every once in while, someone here is told some rubbish by a dealer. The members here, always say not to go back to that dealer. How is this rubbish, any different than that trash.

/ Massey Ferguson GC2310 vs. Kubota BX23 #10  
<font color="blue"> What makes you think the Kubota dealer will not service you as well as the Massey guy?! </font>
Based only upon the 2 pieces of information in the original post, i.e., the Massey guy bragging about his service and the Kubota salesman spouting the line about a meaningless 30 degree hill climb, I'd go with the Massey guy.

wchp - Keep in mind that you posted this question in a Kubota forum. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Several of the responses you've received are subjective opinions and not objective facts. Go with the best dealer, regardless of brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.