Question for owners of L4600, L3560 and L4060 w/Turf tires

/ Question for owners of L4600, L3560 and L4060 w/Turf tires #1  

moship

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST 4x4 Kubota L4740-3 HST
For those who own a L4600, L3560 or L4060 with 27x8.50-15 Turf tires. Could you tell me what brand/model and ply rating the front tires are?

Why I am asking?

Thinking of replacing the front tires on my L3130 and it uses the same size turf tires as the models listed above.

I called the local Kubota dealer for a tire and Kubota doesn't offer one even though a p/n is shown. Find this very odd since the same tire size (and wheel) have been used since the L3130 hit the market and is still used today. The dealer suggested I contact a local tire dealer.

Before buying, I'd like to know what brand is being offered so I can consider them for purchase.

Another option is to buy the tire/wheel assembly from Wholegoods (sales department) as the item number ALR8868 has been the same for over 15 years on this size tractor (GL30's, 40's and 60's), but I'd like to know what tire brand and ply rating it is. I really want 6 ply. Plus the real kicker is they are not available until April.

Google searches suggest there are very few brands/options available for this tire size. You would think with Kubota still using this size along with other tractor manufactures it would be more readily available. So far I've found Carlisle and Titan.

The originals are Goodyear Softrac Terra Tire 4-Ply. I can't believe Kubota specs a 4-ply tire on a loader as capable of the LA724 or the newer LA805. 4-ply have a max loading of only 1230 lbs

Thanks in advance for you help.

/ Question for owners of L4600, L3560 and L4060 w/Turf tires #2  
I have turfs and the 805 loader but the tires are 28x12.5. I can look to see the ply and load rating if you'd like

/ Question for owners of L4600, L3560 and L4060 w/Turf tires
Thanks for the offer, but it won't help as Kubota could be using a different manufacture for that size.

In researching available 27x8.5-15 tires it looks like Carlisle and Titan are almost identical in everyway including very similar part numbers (only the first digit is different). Does anyone know if they are made by the same place?

Still hoping there is a forum member out there who has a newer tractor and can confirm the requested info in post #1.

Thanks again Nate.

Anybody?

/ Question for owners of L4600, L3560 and L4060 w/Turf tires #5  
Manufacturers source tires from various suppliers based upon, among other things, competitive quotes. Consequently, suppliers change frequently.

There is no way of knowing what brand of tire(s) will be on a new tractor or a tire/wheel assembly shipped by Kubota.

SDT

I understand their perorgative to change at any time, but I am curious to know what has been sourced recently. Purchase agreements/contracts are typically for a period of time/quantity forecast. Once they have a partnership established it's not likely to change unless something negative happens to disrupt the agreement: quality issue, supply chain issues along with some significant $ issue.

I have yet to see wholesale swapping of tire manufacturers coming from Kubota over the years for the same size tires. Do you have proof this is wrong?

I’m really looking for those who have the requested tractors and corresponding tires to respond.

Last edited:
Finding 6-ply tires was a bit of a challenge. Carlisle and Titan make 6-ply turfs in this size.

Bought the Titans MULTI TRAC C/S TL in 6-ply. Compared to the original 4-ply Goodyear's the Titan sidewalls feel about 50% thicker using a calibrate right hand pinch :) and are a few pounds heavier.

Purchasing: Local tractor and tire suppliers had no 6-ply in stock and were basically quoting list price, plus the customary mounting, tax, tire disposal, etc... Ended up purchasing on-line, which I was a bit apprehensive about. Feared getting old or even previously mounted tires. Ordered from https://www.tires4that.com/itemdetail/474356 on Tuesday afternoon and they arrived at the house on Thursday (2 days). Tires were made in Sept 2017, so they are newer stock and appear to be of decent quality. Saved about $110 for the pair when considering just the tire price (including tax and shipping).

Stumbled on https://www.tires4that.com/itemdetail/474356 when I called a semi-local wholesale tire distributer looking for leads on who could supply the desired tires. They wouldn't quote or sell me tires directly, but suggested tires4that along with a few local dealers who they supply tires to. In the end I was very satisfied with the purchase transaction.

Also went through the trouble of removing any surface rust from the wheel bead area while the tires were off (dismounted old tires myself). Followed by some paint to protect the exposed metal.