Comparison Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx?

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #1  

Sparkynutz

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere
I found a bx2200 with 60" belly mower, la211 loader, 48" box grader blade and 48" rototiller for $6500 private part because the owner is buying a new tractor. Now he says he wants to keep the tiller and grader, possibly mower too for his new tractor because his dealer said they would work. Can a stock kubota backhoe fit a bx2200 if I wanted to get one someday or maybe that's why he's getting a newer tractor.
While searching online for reviews on the bx2200 one guy posted that it was first in the bx line and hard to find attachments for because it was oddball and different from the newer bx23xx line and better off getting newer model.
Can anybody offer input on this or tell me any other differences why I should or should not get a bx2200 vs newer model?
Also he is only lowering his asking price $500 for keeping all the attachments. What are they worth? I was tempted to offer $500 more than his initial asking price if they came with as I could really use the tiller and grading blade on an upcoming landscaping project this spring. It's also a 7hr drive one way so if I make the trip I want to make sure it's worth it.
Tractor looks in better shape than most in the $9-10k range I've seen the last few months searching. It has just under 1k hours and a bunch of new hoses done at a dealer last year. I'm unsure of anything else so far just waiting to hear back from seller.

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #2  
I know the BXxx00 and BXxx30 mower decks are the same and interchangeable except the BX1500 deck because of the shorter wheelbase, I think all the newer 50, 60, 70 and 80 series are different on the lift point layout, I would double check andmeasure.

The Kubota backhoes will only fit on the TLB tractor they came on as the frame is braced heavily then the non TLB model and the mounting systems changed over the different TLB models making changing backhoes between different series not likely.

The only way toput a backhoe on a regular BX you need to look at the WOODS or other aftermarket subframe backhoe that has the parts to the mounting kit to reinforce the tractor frame, it is not cheap and is probably why the BX2200 is for sale to upgrade to the TLB.

The 3 point hitches on the 00 and the 30 series arms were lower and some category 1 attachments not always work well King Kutter and some other implement lines came out with blades, box scrappers, rakes and brush hogs that are a better fit for the early BXs

David

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #3  
I have a BX2200 and BX2660 and he decks look interchangeable but aren't neither is the FEL. 3PH stuff work fine on either.

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #4  
I have a BX2200 that I bought in 2002 and I can tell you the 3 pt hitch is height challenged and is the primary reason I bought a 2650. However, I still used a tiller, a post hole digger, a sprayer, a small potato plow and hang other stuff off the back. It really depends what jobs you have for the little beast. It is a great yard mower that can do other stuff. For this reason, I think you want one with the belly mower. The 2650 is a tractor that can mow my yard ok, but does a lot of other stuff better. It really depends on what you are looking for and how much money you want to spend. I need to sell my bx, but I just like it so darn much I hate to part with it. Mine has been a really dependable tractor. I think $6500 for the tractor, loader, and belly mower is a decent price for a well maintained, garage kept, sub 1000 hr bx2200, but I wouldn't buy it without the mower.

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #5  
Any true "subcompact" is going to be height-challenged regarding some implements that go on the 3 point in back due to their low overall height and smaller wheels. You just can't raise some implements high enough to work properly with a tractor that's so low to the ground. But other implements are just fine. I've used a regular box blade, scraper blade and post hole auger on my BX with no problem. It is a great little mower also, with the factory deck.

As others have commented, the older BX's will get work done every bit as well as a brand new scut, only without some amenities and a big price tag. If you can find one that's in good shape at a decent price, it's a good choice. As with any used equipment, you may find some worn parts, but if the maintenance has been done and it hasn't been abused, it should offer many years of work for someone.

The two significant issues with the early BX's were the air cleaner brackets were weak and the plastic transmissiion cooling fan was vulnerable to sticks if you went off into the boonies

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx?
Well. The search continues. I was really excited to buy it. Just under 7 hour drive each way and he doesn't return my call or Facebook messages. It might be sold but I don't really know because listing is still up. There's another b2200 with mower, loader and half the hours just a little close but it's $1300 more and looks a little beat up. I'm headed to florida with family in June but that's just too far to haul a tractor with my gas guzzling truck.
Thanks for input everyone.
If you see anything decent around $5-7k for mower and fel let me know. I'd like a tiller, wife wants a snowblower too so those are the other two things we wouldn't mind but wouldn't be dealbreakers.

Update:
We'll he just returned my call. Super nice guy. Just my luck tho now he's keeping it because the dealer he was buying the other tractor was trying to pull a fast one on him. The tractor he was going to buy was there on consignment for the real owner but when he went to put money down they told him he needed to pay sales tax of over $1k. He's like no, why. The dealer told him they had to buy the tractor from the owner, title it, and then sell it to him plus sales tax because they were a dealer that they couldn't just transfer from old owner to him directly and they wouldn't tell him who the owner was either. He's a little sour over the deal and I don't blame him. He called the salesman out on just pocketing the sales tax as more profit because why would you do that when they don't own it and are already charging whatever for sales commission on it.
I told him if anything comes up and he finds a different tractor and decides to sell let me know. He said his sister and cousin were also mad he was selling it because they wanted it too. He also said it was in great shape he bought it new and has done nothing to it besides regular oil changes and all the hoses top to bottom.
At least he got back to me.
Lesson of the day. Think twice before letting a dealer sell your tractor on commission. They might actually cost you the sale of your tractor when you could have easily sold it yourself outright, made more $ and or saved the buyer money too.

Last edited:
   / Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #7  
If you want a BX and backhoe you should be looking for a BX22 TLB or the newer versions. I have a BX22 and it has been very good to me. Some of the newer features in later models turned out to not be so good, such as the plastic hoods and decks, and the revised backhoe attachment and that has now reverted back to basically the original design.

At this moment I'll take just about anything I can find with a loader and mower in $5-7k range out the door in good shape. Backhoe is a want but far from anything I actually need.

/ Bx2200 for sale. Are attachments compatible with newer bx? #9  
At this moment I'll take just about anything I can find with a loader and mower in $5-7k range out the door in good shape. Backhoe is a want but far from anything I actually need.

Good Luck no gonna happen around here

David

Definitely not with dealers pulling that kinda crap and people expecting a 10% loss from msrp on a beat to **** 2k hour machine and people that actually buy them.
I actually came across a bx2350 with 400 hours belly mower and bucket that sold for $6k about 5 hours from me. It was even for sale for over 3 weeks before it sold. Unfortunately that was just before I started looking hard. If I search every day sooner or later I'll find a deal. I got lucky waiting and searching over a year on and off till I got a smoking deal on my can am renegade atv a few years back buying it for $3-4k less than most were selling for in my area. It was well taken care of and $500 more than the dealer offered them for trade in on it. If people are willing to get taken to the cleaners by dealers sooner or later I'll find someone willing to cut out the middle man and give someone a good deal knowing they'll appreciate their old machine and take care of it like they did.