Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit?

/ Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit? #21  
I say wait 4-6 weeks for the weather to improve and the spring new tractor shopping season when there were be more used tractors for sale.

/ Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit?
I talked to seller today and he seems like a stand up guy. He garage kept it since he bought it and took care of it from sounds of it just needs something bigger for his 10 acres. I bet I can get it for even less than $6k we'll see Saturday when I go look at it. With the snow we've had lately I wish I already had it to play around on. I bet we'll get more and even more reason to buy now vs later.
Thanks for input everyone!
Now I need to get making a comprehensive list of items to check over well before handing the cash over.

/ Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit? #23  
I talked to seller today and he seems like a stand up guy. He garage kept it since he bought it and took care of it from sounds of it just needs something bigger for his 10 acres. I bet I can get it for even less than $6k we'll see Saturday when I go look at it. With the snow we've had lately I wish I already had it to play around on. I bet we'll get more and even more reason to buy now vs later.
Thanks for input everyone!
Now I need to get making a comprehensive list of items to check over well before handing the cash over.

It won't last once the weather breaks and folks starting thinking about mowing. It would make an outstanding mower

I have 1/2 acre of lawn with lots of trees but use a John deere zero turn with 42" deck now. It will definitely be nice to mow together with my wife and get it done quicker. I also have a Murray 32" deck rear engine rider with atv tires on it I keep at my land to mow my kids atv trails. Mowing with the kubota would be so much nicer than the 2 hours it takes with that now.

/ Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit? #26  
I would wait for something bigger.

I went to my local Kubota dealer, intent on purchasing a BX1870. He quickly steered me to the BX2370 that I purchased.

After about 1hr on the BX2370, I found myself wishing I'd gotten the B2601 instead. Too late.

Just recently hit 1yr and a little over 100hrs on the BX2370.

Right now I'm thinking I've got about 1 more year of projects, and then sell it.

The #1 reason I bought a tractor was to build residential privacy fences, and the little BX2370 has been really nice for that.
--

/ Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit? #27  
I would wait for something bigger.

I went to my local Kubota dealer, intent on purchasing a BX1870. He quickly steered me to the BX2370 that I purchased.

After about 1hr on the BX2370, I found myself wishing I'd gotten the B2601 instead. Too late.

Just recently hit 1yr and a little over 100hrs on the BX2370.

Right now I'm thinking I've got about 1 more year of projects, and then sell it.

The #1 reason I bought a tractor was to build residential privacy fences, and the little BX2370 has been really nice for that.
--

The problem is his budget and desire to have it now. I would agree with you if he were buying a new unit; in that case buy the right size once. But he planning to use this as an intermediary unit and I don't think that is bad plan. He will get his money back out of it and maybe even make a little.

If you decide to buy new though I would agree with all the guys saying buy bigger and buy once.

Seen that one a while back and while tempted to call and make an offer it has a broken missing tail light, top of bucket looks rough and that's not telling how bad it looks in person for the amount of hours and initial price. I bet it is rough or has issues.
Worst case I stop and look at it with cash and trailer on way home from looking at the bx1500 if I don't buy it and lowball them enough to fix anything broke.
I watched a video on the new 80 series and love all the updates. The first unit I buy will be a learning unit to find what I do and don't like as well as figure out what I really need while saving for future goals whatever they may be.

/ Bx1500 or hold out for a bigger unit? #30  
The problem is his budget and desire to have it now. I would agree with you if he were buying a new unit; in that case buy the right size once. But he planning to use this as an intermediary unit and I don't think that is bad plan. He will get his money back out of it and maybe even make a little.

If you decide to buy new though I would agree with all the guys saying buy bigger and buy once.

buy once.[/QUOTE] :laughing::laughing::laughing: