New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #1  

deathtoblackberries

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Was looking at my brand new BX2320 LA344 bucket and the leading edge looked bowed not flat so I put a straight edge across it and wow it had a pretty good size bow, about 1/4 inch high at each corner with the center on the ground. Drove over to my dealer just now, we walked through the shop on our way to the yard to check out some others, they had another in the shop being assembled, it was twice as bowed as mine. Walked out in the yard, found more bowed buckets where the whole bucket viewed from the back even was bowed. Of course I had them put the thick cutting edge on mine which is likely stressing the welds as its trying to pull it back flat and that's not happening. They are going to pick up the tractor tomorrow and deal with the issue.

So just a heads up if you are shopping BX tractors.

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #2  
Don't worry, once you use it, it will be more bowed. They never wear straight.

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #3  
And... you care why? This is such a petty and insignificant thing to belly ache over. If your going to use the bucket, I hate you tell ya... it is going be a lot more than a quarter inch bowed. It's a freaking tractor bucket, not a Porsche hood.

I would hate to be your dealer... I'd tell you where to stick your quarter inch bucket bow :laughing:

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #5  
I'm in tractor #5... I think. Every one, B, BX, has been bowed. Probably a product of the welding to the bucket. Bolted on an aftermarket cutting edge. It's heavy. Cured the dip in the bucket.

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #6  
And... you care why? This is such a petty and insignificant thing to belly ache over. If your going to use the bucket, I hate you tell ya... it is going be a lot more than a quarter inch bowed. It's a freaking tractor bucket, not a Porsche hood.

I would hate to be your dealer... I'd tell you where to stick your quarter inch bucket bow :laughing:

"I would hate to be your dealer...I'd tell you where to stick your quarter inch bucket bow".

Perhaps you would!
....and.... I would tell said dealer: "no one will ever come through your front door who will say that I sent them here".

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #7  
Yea... That is why I'm not in a job that has to deal with people like that. I have little tolerance for insanity. I work with pipe welds and steam. Not much insanity there. Just me and my instruments. Find a 60" piece of thin plate that has a weld running the entire length that is not bowed from the weld heat. I'll wait here while you search. It is an insane request to expect the steel to magically stay straight and true after being welded as such.

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #8  
A cutting edge that isn’t straight is a insignificant issue. Edit after re reading your post that would piss me off. A bent bucket is no good for scooping dirt off concrete and I do that fairly often.Some tractor buckets look like they’re made for scooping grain and anything tougher is going to total it. A reinforced top plate to weld chains on a reinforced side cutting edge and reinforced bottom cutting edge are mandatory options in my opinion.

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up
It was my Kubota dealer who was concerned and insisted on bringing the tractor back to their shop. I thought it was the bolt on cutting edge that was bent, we agreed I would take a straight one home and I would swap. When we went back into the shop to get one the mechanic noticed the bowed bucket on another tractor they were assembling, that's when HE became concerned, the guy was like ******* that's really bowed. lol

Rock Crawler just relax, less coffee dude.

/ New BX FEL Buckets Bowed - Heads Up #10  
Black Rifle Coffee Company for the win!