Tractor News Kubota 2017 Corporate Report

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #1  

jeff9366

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3,700 pounds bare tractor, 5,400 pounds operating weight, 37 horsepower
Kubota's 2017 corporate report has been published.
A very large portion explains corporate improvement in environmental issues.

https://www.kubota.com/report/pdf/pdf/report2017.pdf

I found this information on page 25 interesting:

Revenues by region:

Japan 34.5%

Asia outside Japan 19.2%

North America 30.1%

Europe 12.1%

Other areas 4.1%

Revenues by segment:

Farm and Industrial Machinery 79.7%

Water and Environment 18.5%

Other 1.8%

Last edited:
   / Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #2  
I started traveling to Japan and Korea 30 years ago. Kubota products were rampant. Looks like they still are considering over 50% of their products are sold in that area. Nothing about your data surprises me.

Surprisingly there are still people that question Kubota's long term reliability and/or survivability. I've never questioned either.

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report
Practically no revenue from Latin America.

I wonder whose equipment is producing soy beans, corn and cattle in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and the rest.......

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #4  
Good question. I've always assumed American equipment since we taught them how to farm. But I might be wrong. I'm guessing a lot of green (JD).

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #5  

I wonder whose equipment is producing soy beans, corn and cattle in Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and the rest.......

A lot of New Holland actually. CNH is very strong in south America.

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #7  
Kubota's 2017 corporate report has been published.
A very large portion explains corporate improvement in environmental issues.

https://www.kubota.com/report/pdf/pdf/report2017.pdf

I found this information on page 25 interesting:

Revenues by region:

Japan 34.5%

Asia outside Japan 19.2%

North America 30.1%

Europe 12.1%

Other areas 4.1%

Revenues by segment:

Farm and Industrial Machinery 79.7%
s
Water and Environment 18.5
Other 1.8%

That's all very interesting, Jeff. Thank you for posting. Unlike a lot of financial and corporate reports, Kubota's was actually interesting to read. And I found myself nodding my head in agreement with a lot of it. Well done.

Given the diversity & proportion of interests shown in Kubota's annual report, I was surprised that Water and Environment account for less than 20% of their revenue. Perhaps the take-away here is that they plan a push in that direction.

On a smaller scale - and this is TBN, after all - I've always wondered which Kubota models were most popular. Does anyone know how to find a history of how many of the various models were made?
thanks, rScotty

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #8  

Brazil has very high import tariffs to promote domestic manufacture.

AGCO has several plants there. JD has one as well. Mahindra announced plans to create a joint venture with a local manufacturer. Not sure about Kubota. Brazil’s economic problems likely has them on a slow roll.

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #9  
Brazil has very high import tariffs to promote domestic manufacture.

AGCO has several plants there. JD has one as well. Mahindra announced plans to create a joint venture with a local
manufacturer. Not sure about Kubota. Brazil’s economic problems likely has them on a slow roll.

I hear Sany has a plant in Brazil. I was surprised to see, recently, that they are #3 worldwide in construction equipment,
according to at least one claim. Prob due to China sales. They are starting to break into the US.

I assume #1 and #2 are still Caterpiller, then JCB (UK), respectively. Note that rankings are hard to come
by as some makers include different kinds of machinery, from cranes to farm tractors. Hitachi, Liebherr,
Volvo, and Terex (Genie) are way up there, too.

/ Kubota 2017 Corporate Report #10  
South America really locked in by tariffs. If you sell there you need to build there, and Kubota could not get by with assembly only. Engines and transmissions need to be sourced there. Another thing Kubota would look at is how their product fits in the marketplace and at what price.

Europe is somewhat of a surprise because Kubota has bought several equipment lines in Europe.