Used m5040 price check

/ Used m5040 price check #1  

Ray83

Tractor
FORD 2000
Ok, I've been looking for a new tractor to upgrade from my 1972 ford 2000 diesel with no power steering(big upgrade haha).
I had narrowed it down to a nh workmaster 60, a Kubota mx5200 or a m5660.
We'll the Kubota dealer has a used 2010 m5040 4x4, loader, r4 tires, top, 1remote with hydrologic shuttle. It has just under 1200 hrs and seems to be in good shape.
We're at about $19,000 on price.
The dealer has been very helpful to deal with so far and he knows the history of the tractor. He sold it new to a couple building a house with small farm. He says it has lived a pretty easy life.
I was wanting to go new mainly because of the usual risk of buying used and no warranty but $10,000less and not having the emissions mess that the new ones have is very tempting.
I test drove this m5040 and everything seemed to operate like it should.
Any thoughts on this model tractor and price would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ Used m5040 price check #2  
Solid tractor, I looked at one a few years ago. Had more hours and was more money than what you listed.

/ Used m5040 price check #3  
seems a fair deal. inquire re: owner maintenance log or service records. the hyd shuttle (as opposed to clutch operated shuttle shift) is a plus. would recommend in the negotiation to go with a 2nd remote. you'll need it later. maybe request fluid changes as part of the deal.
other than that, just do the usual checks on a used machine, maybe a mechanic's view along the way best regards

/ Used m5040 price check #4  
I sold my M5040 about 3 yrs ago. 4x4, 1153 loader, canopy, (1) rear remote, but it did not have the hydraulic shuttle. Had about 450 hrs. on it when I sold it for $21K. Sold it because I bought a larger cab tractor. I would have kept it for a 2nd tractor, but I am getting older and the hydraulic shuttle feature is a must have. If the one you are looking at has been regularly serviced, is in good shape, and has good life left in the tires, I think 19K is a pretty good deal. I strongly recommend fluid in the rears since they are fairly light in the rear end.

/ Used m5040 price check #5  
Since the dealer sold the tractor originally, make sure you review all service records one by one. Place some cardboard on the ground and get under the tractor to view all angles, especially for leaks and possible damage. If the dealer has a used chisel plow or harrow, hook it up and put it in the ground, because once you sign the papers, it's yours, problems and all. My first tractor was a gas Ford 2000 and I really enjoyed it. Kubota's 0% financing is very attractive and I would also consider the new M5660 shuttle even though it's more money. You might also shop the new M5660 at another dealership as they sometimes vary 10-20% on price. I just purchased the M7060HD12 and love it. The closer NC dealer was 11% higher than the VA dealer 20 minutes further away. I went to VA and saved $4300.