L3560, R4 tires
LA805 loader w 72" HD quick attach bucket with cutting edge
3rd Function valve kit
BB2572 Box Blade
RCF2060 Rotary mower

All for $31,000.

Good deal or can I do better?

/ L3560HST, Box Blade, Mower, 31k #2  
$31,000 is an excellent price for this package in high cost Seattle.

I have the LA805 Loader on my L3560. You will need more counterbalance weight than BB2572 549 pounds for LA805 lifts over 1,100 pounds. I will guide you toward 900 pounds counterbalance ~~~~ but depends on how far to the rear counterbalance weight protrudes. (I have only air in my R4 tires.)

I also have SSQA Heavy-Duty, Round Back bucket which is money well spent; indestructible.

I also have RCF2060. Land Prides's description: "THE PERFECT CUTTER FOR RURAL GRASS MAINTENANCE". Make sure dealer adjusts slip clutch properly to protect fairly light blades. Chain guards are optional on the RCF2060.

If you do woods work RCF2060 will NOT hold up; I KNOW. If you intend woods work buy RCR2660 with chain guards.

LINKS (2): http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ta-l3560-tractor-la805-loader.html?highlight=

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/316605-kubota-l3560-rear-storage.html?highlight=

Last edited:
   / L3560HST, Box Blade, Mower, 31k
Thanks for the great reply! I was debating the loaded tires, figured I could always add it later without much hassle.

I have about 2.5 acres of wooded area/blackberry's. Smaller area of tall grass that I currently mow with a DR Power walk behind brush cutter(this did well with the blackberry's and smaller saplings, just takes too long).

I was looking at getting the RCF2660 however, it weights 1002#. The manual I'm looking at for L3560 lists max mower weight of 770#.

/ L3560HST, Box Blade, Mower, 31k #4  
My L3200 absolutely needed loaded rears. It was even light & lifted the rear with lots of ballast on the 3pt. My L4060hstc with loaded rears feels stable lifting 1/2-3/4 of the loader capacity without any basllast at all on the 3pt (which I very rarely do). Not even a hint of lift in back with the max load the loader will lift with moderate ballast on the 3pt.

Personally I think my 40hp L4060 is underpowered a bit, but not horribly so. The L3560 at almost the same weight & 5hp lower was just not enough for my roading or mowing needs. Normally in all for loaded tires for more traction & stability. But with the lower power to weight ratio I'd think twice about it on that machine.

Price seems unreasonable.

/ L3560HST, Box Blade, Mower, 31k #5  
Thanks for the great reply! I was debating the loaded tires, figured I could always add it later without much hassle.

I have about 2.5 acres of wooded area/blackberry's. Smaller area of tall grass that I currently mow with a DR Power walk behind brush cutter(this did well with the blackberry's and smaller saplings, just takes too long).

I was looking at getting the RCF2660 however, it weights 1002#. The manual I'm looking at for L3560 lists max mower weight of 770#.
Pretty sure the 3pt lift on the L3560 is similar to my L4060... I have a 1,900lbs flail on the back just fine. Much shorter so it lifts easier, but the 3pt is rated to as lot more than 700lbs. My L3200 would lift a ton of so h was half the machine. With the low HP you'll need to roll slow in any significant material. But you can spin a 5' no problem. 6' will work too, but mean rolling even slower.

Price seems unreasonable.

Really??

Pretty sure the 3pt lift on the L3560 is similar to my L4060... I have a 1,900lbs flail on the back just fine. Much shorter so it lifts easier, but the 3pt is rated to as lot more than 700lbs. My L3200 would lift a ton of so h was half the machine. With the low HP you'll need to roll slow in any significant material. But you can spin a 5' no problem. 6' will work too, but mean rolling even slower.

I'm confused by the manual. Stating the 3 Point lift capacity at 24" behind lift point is 2646lbs, but then max mower weight is 770lbs (Seems very conservative, I understand some of the weight will be further back than 24"). It says L4060 max flail mower weight of 880lbs and you're able to do double that. Interesting!

/ L3560HST, Box Blade, Mower, 31k #7  

I looked in my Operator's Manual and, amazingly, it recommends max mower weight of 770 pounds too. On your behalf I worry the RCF2060 will require repairs if you use it on your saplings. Mine has required repairs three times.
Once for a bent blade, before slip clutch was loosened a tad and twice for excessive vibration and noise.

I have been researching heavier mowers and had about settled on the Land Pride RCR2660 but may now have to do further research. However, 230 pounds is not a lot of over spec weight as some will be riding on the tail wheel. I will speak with my trustworthy dealer concerning this conundrum. My Kubota dealer also represents Woods.

I am happy with my four air-filled R4s but I nearly always have an implement on the Three Point Hitch unless towing a load with the rear/center drawbar. Even with an implement tractor does not mark grass in 2-WD. My soil is sandy loam. Never have mud or other spongy conditions.

Last edited:
I looked in my Operator's Manual and, amazingly, it recommends max mower weight of 770 pounds too. On your behalf I worry the RCF2060 will require repairs if you use it on your saplings. Mine has required repairs three times.
Once for a bent blade, before slip clutch was loosened a tad and twice for excessive vibration and noise.

I have been researching heavier mowers and had about settled on the RCR2660 but may now have to do further research. However, 230 pounds is not a lot of weight as some will be riding on the tail wheel. I will speak with my trustworthy dealer concerning this conundrum. My Kubota dealer also represents Woods.

I am happy with my four air-filled R4s but I nearly always have an implement on the Three Point Hitch unless towing a load with the rear/center drawbar. Even with an implement tractor does not mark grass in 2-WD. My soil is sandy loam. Never have mud.

Let us know what the dealer says!

/ L3560HST, Box Blade, Mower, 31k #9  
I have been browsing Woods and (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure), the latter a favored supplier of mine.

Land Pride RCF 2060 = 620 pounds.

Land Price RCR2660 = 1,002 pounds (with chain guards)

Woods Rotary Cutter recommended for 1-1/2" max is model BB60X "Brush Bull" = 604 pounds.

For 3" cutting capacity, Woods offers BB600X Brush Bull = 1,068 pounds

To my surprise, ETA does not offer a 60" RC with 3" cutting capacity.

The key specification is: Category 4 driveline.

Last edited: