Insurance question

/ Insurance question #1  

bluefin650

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650, JD 35D
Is insurance mandatory when financing a new kubota tractor?

/ Insurance question #2  
Probably. However, check your homeowner policy, it may cover non-registered vehicles and that may satisfy Kubota financing requirements. But your homeowners won't cover tractor if you plan to take it off your property.

/ Insurance question #3  

Yes it is. KATC has good insurance and you can finance it at 0% if you finance your tractor.

/ Insurance question #4  
Financed my new LS and had to have a special rider on my Homeowners policy, to the tune of $500 per year. Shop around.

/ Insurance question #5  
When I bought mine they tried force the ktac on me. I said no, so they made me provide proof it was covered under my home owners. That was not a problem, called usaa and they emailed it to me in 5 minutes.

I think the ktac is good based on hearsay, but so far I'm glad I didn't buy it. Haven't needed it and tractor was paid off in 20 or so months.

/ Insurance question #6  

Absolutely yes with any tractor with a loan. Agree with others, check your home owners. I was going to have to convert to a farm policy which would have cost as much as KTAC so I just got KTAC since I was able to finance it in at 0% with the tractor.

/ Insurance question #7  
I borrowed 'against shares' at my CU, got a great % rate for that (3.01%) and since it's 'secured' there was no insurance requirement.

Many homeowner policies declare coverage for equipment used to maintain the premises. That said, one insco may include a <"x" hp SCUT by default and another may require a rider for a >"x"-deck ZTR. We have to ask 'em and be sure, that's all.

I'd still rather pay for insurance I didn't need than get stung thinking I had coverage on a $10k yard tool and really didn't.

/ Insurance question #8  
Insurance is required when a note is on the tractor, but KTAC IS NOT required. Proof of homeowners is acceptable.

/ Insurance question #9  
Insurance is required when a note is on the tractor, but KTAC IS NOT required. Proof of homeowners is acceptable.

Does anyone know what the specific requirements Kubota requires for home owners insurance when financing a tractor?

My dealer stated Kubota requires it covered on and off property (I don't see how a home owners insurance can cover off property unless you specifically get a add-on), $1000 deductible, covered for rollover and cover the total cost of the tractor in event of a total loss.

/ Insurance question #10  
My insurer insisted that the tractor be garaged and kept on my property. Not sure what they'll say if it needs to go back to the dealer for anything?