Price Check Discount on Implements

/ Discount on Implements #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Can I expect to receive any discount on implement purchases purchased alone without a tractor deal? And if so, what can I expect?

Last edited:
   / Discount on Implements
Guess I'm venturing in uncharted territory here.
If I buy some stand alone implements, I'll report if I received any discount.

/ Discount on Implements #3  
I think you'll get the best deal as a package. The tractor and all implements you can afford.

/ Discount on Implements
I concur, but I've been surprised that two dealers pricing a rear bagger and front QH with blade for my BX2670 are quoting list prices. I would have thought 10% off or more would be reasonable. I'm only talking $4000 in equipment, but $400 off is not clucker feed.

/ Discount on Implements #5  
OK - I've purchased two tractors from the same family owned dealer over the past 36 years. Over those years I've purchased numerous implements by themselves and received discounts varying from OK to fantastic. I buy any and all maintenance supplies from this dealer also. A good relationship can go a long ways.

However - just stands to reason - you will get a better deal on an implement bought as a package, with a tractor.

/ Discount on Implements #6  
Can I expect to receive any discount on implement purchases purchased alone without a tractor deal? And if so, what can I expect?

I would not expect much discount off "list", and sometimes list prices aren't always the same too...
It was my understanding from last trip to Kubota dealer that markups were not 30 percent as I thought, but closer to 15%. At least that's what they said about z turns and the F mower I just bought. That means if you can get 10 percent off, which I did, you are doing well. I find I get about a ten percent discount off at parts if I squawk a little or am buying a lot. Lot more profit in parts we all know.

It's one thing to pay list price for a 600 dollar rear blade, another thing to pay list price for a $6K small grain drill.
I'd try to buy two implements and ask if you can get them both for X-10 percent, try that. They can only say no...

If one has ever owned a retail store, as I have (Radio Shack) you know you have to make some profit somewhere...but long term relationships still hold in this business and you'd better make the buyer feel like they are getting good value, regardless of the price asked.

I bought a 20k F mower and the sales guy didn't show up to train me on it, nor has he followed up to see how I liked it.
He won't get my call next time. For me this is still a people business.

/ Discount on Implements #7  
I think everything can be negotiable so what's the worst they can say. Ask and be prepared to walk if they say no.

/ Discount on Implements #8  
Over the years, I have found you have a better chance getting a reasonable discount by purchasing implements "off season" or near the end of the season in which they are normally put to use. Particularly if they are sitting on the dealers' lots.

/ Discount on Implements #9  

The way I am understanding this posted question is 1) robertm already has the Kubota tractor, and is now looking for additional implements / accessories; and hoping to get a deal/ discount. 2) Kubota is currently offering free / discounted implements in the current promotion when a tractor is purchased. So, 3) can an implement deal / discount apply if only the additional implements are purchased ?

I don't know the answer, but I am also looking at a package purchase. My guess is that if you bought 2 or more implements only - during the current promotion, the dealership would be wise to entertain a better deal. Doesn't hurt to ask. I will follow this post, as I am in Canada.

I agree with Oldoak

/ Discount on Implements
Scaredychicken, I'm actually looking to:

A) purchase a rear bagger and front Quick Hitch and 60" blade outright for my current BX2670, or

B) trade my BX2670 with a variety of attachments for a BX2670 with the attachments I noted above.

I know I can get a better deal on the implements as a package deal. I just can't seem to get a price for the front blade, Quick Hitch, and rear bagger alone to add to my BX2670 for anything less than the list prices shown on Kubota's website.

I was hopeful that my Ouija Board numbers of selling my snowblower and FEL blade privately made sense and I could just use the cash to offset the new blade and bagged for my current BX2670, but I've had no hits on selling them outright. That's the main reason I'm looking to forgo buying implements outright, and trading them on a new 80-Series. I know it'll cost more, but I'd like some of the 80-Series features, so its no just the implements. BTW, the MMM and FEL count as implements, so anything above and beyond on a new sale, don't count in the offer.