Roughly how much to fix this damage?

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage? #1  

Sparkynutz

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere
FB_IMG_1520036741804.jpgFB_IMG_1520036732984.jpg

ROPS and tail light doesn't worry me too much. I can weld and put aftermarket lights on for cheap, but what about the rear plastic or shifter housing?

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage? #2  
Bad day in the neighborhood! Sorry, hope everyone is ok!!!
David from jax

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage? #4  
Dead tree? Had one hit my l6060 in Jan, but thankfully at a slower rate so not as much damage. Glad you’re ok.

Have you tried messicks site and look at their parts diagrams?

Is it just the left fender plastic and shifter plastic that was damaged other than the rops and lights? Any damage to the actual shifter mechanisms?

Be careful welding the rops if you care to trade or sell. As well it won’t have the same specs as a new one but you’ll definitely save fixing it yourself.

Ps: would help if you post exact model and year.

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage?
Driver was ok. I'm looking at buying it and trying to see if it's worth a 14 hour one way drive plus cost of parts to fix it.
How robust is the frame? If the ROPS bent like that could there be frame damage or what else to look for?

If I'm looking at pricing right on Messicks the plastic rear fender, ROPS and tail light is about $900 in parts. That doesn't include anything else that may be broken.

I've been looking for a kubota for a while and finding nothing in my price range anywhere close to me.
I just drove 10+ hours and came home empty handed on last tractor I looked at but glad I didn't buy it anyways.
This tractor is only a few hours from family of a good friend of mine and I'm hoping I can tall him into going there for a visit and look at it maybe bring it back for me if it's worth buying.

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage? #7  
If you can get it for a good price, and two basic things are okay, you might get a bargain.

1. Be sure there are no cracks or leaks where the roll bar attaches.

2. The tractor should be driveable and shiftable even with the broken plastic (the levers should still function.

If both of the above are true, some pop rivets, a fiberglass repair kit, and paint should fix the plastic. Hopefully your scouts can take a good luck and lots of pictures.

How did this accident occur?

Model and year?

Good luck.

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage?
Not sure how it happened. I néed to talk to seller more.
Good call on checking mounts. I was only thinking about lower frame.
Owner did say it's driveable and put a few hours on it since it happened.
I can weld up the ROPS no problem and probably live with a quick fix to plastic to save a buck and stay in my price range for a tractor. I'm mostly hesitant about known transmission/stopping issues that will be hard to determine if I don't go look at it myself.

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage? #9  
Not sure how it happened. I néed to talk to seller more.
Good call on checking mounts. I was only thinking about lower frame.
Owner did say it's driveable and put a few hours on it since it happened.
I can weld up the ROPS no problem and probably live with a quick fix to plastic to save a buck and stay in my price range for a tractor. I'm mostly hesitant about known transmission/stopping issues that will be hard to determine if I don't go look at it myself.

I'd feel better about it since it drives. I'd assume that the wheels don't wobble but I'd ask. I'd ask for a video walk around of it. I'd definitely want a heck of a deal to even consider it. Why isn't the seller fixing it?

/ Roughly how much to fix this damage? #10  
I like that the ROPS was hit pretty much dead center, and doesn't appear to be twisted. That means the force was likely distributed equally. Also, it didn't blow the tires, and the plastic isn't all that bad. Salvage value is usually fairly low, so try to get it for 1/2 - 5/8 typical value.