Comparison Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060?

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #51  
Well, we had a couple of feet of heavy wet snow so I went out to move it this morning. Chose the big shuttle shift tractor with a cab instead of the M59 with HST+ but no cab.

After sliding around on a couple of hair-raising icy off-camber slopes and even on the flat generally making a lot of work out of a simple project I remember why it is that I love HST over shuttle shifters. I'm sure there are places where a shuttle shift is better - though I can't think of an example this morning.

Add in the fact that a loader bucket bottom in the snow is really a ski in disguise - which turns the whole machine into a multi-ton bobsled….and it becomes all too easy to get way out of shape when you combine a shuttle shift, any slope, and slippery conditions.

Yes, it all got done and without damage, but IMHO there's just no comparison for doing chores around the property. HST+ rules
rScotty

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #52  
If nobody mentioned it, will implements that hold up with the M series be more expensive? Can you use your existing implements on the M? If you need a loader, do the base price comparisons include it?

/ Grand L6060 more expensive than M6060? #53  
rscotty, they are asking 33,900 for that 5740. Having hunted for one with low hours that's not at all bad when you include the blower. If it's the people Fallon thinks, it's some guys who sell used implements. Inspection and questioning would be important, as usual.