the hunt has ended

/ the hunt has ended #1  

kubbykid

Tractor
kubota b 7610
After reading your replies and numerous other posts I chose a kub b7610, fel-la352, gearmore d-40 phd, and a bush hog sbx 600 boxscraper . paid 14800 +tax.
IT was delivered this afternoon. My wife said " It sure is <font color="orange"> </font> ORANGE ! HEY kids look at dad's new toy! " Of course , I had to reaffim that it is a new tool ! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Drove around the yard a few times, punched a few practice holes in the ground and then let the kids drive abit. I can already tell I'm going to love the hst. Its way quieter than my craftsman. I PRObably can turn down my radio headphones.
AS many of you have advised, I will now sit and read the 4 manuals that were given me. Don't want to do anything stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Thanks for all your imput . This forum is just the best !
bob f.

/ the hunt has ended #2  
Congratulations on the new tractor. Yes, you are going to love it!

<font color="blue">" It sure is ORANGE ! HEY kids look at dad's new toy! " </font>

This must be a trait that all memebers of the opposite sex share. My wife has two things she says about my tractor.

To me she says: "You sure could not have done that without the tractor!"

To everyone else it's: "He spends hours every day playing with his toy!" And at the same time she is moving her body and right arm like she is sitting in the tractor seat working the loader! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

<font color="blue">I will now sit and read the 4 manuals that were given me. Don't want to do anything stupid. </font>

Not sure how it will work for you, but I have found that for me reading the manuals and doing stupid things are independent events... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Be sure to read as much as you can stand on tractor safety...there are things about tractors that are not shared by other vehicles and it is good to be aware of them. For example I would never have guessed that a tractor could do a back flip if the tires are frozen to the ground...

/ the hunt has ended #3  
Great tractor!!!!

My boss (wife) said the same thing, "It sure is ORANGE!"

Donald B.

/ the hunt has ended #4  
I was haulnig loads of dirt down the street yesterday and kids were following me on bicycles..We are all just boys with toys.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Congrats and Enjoy..........

/ the hunt has ended #5  
<font color="blue"> Don't want to do anything stupid. </font>

You will.........we all have /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ the hunt has ended #6  
congrats on the new tractor. one thing i found helpful is to rad the manuals then read them agin as u sit on the tractor, much easier to identify levers, pedals, switches etc. PLUS it give the wife and the neighbors something to talk about. THAT CRAZY GUY SITTING ON THE TRACTOR AND READING /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ the hunt has ended #7  
Great purchase. Most of our bosses are the same, my is it orange, look at Dad on his pumpkin or Dads playing with his toy. Be ready for the stupid things, they will come. I pull some stunt and think, man I read about that on TBN the other night. I am somewhat creative and have come up with some new ones of my own.

Enjoy, work can be fun and be safe, read the manuals and TBN learn from others. Congrats

/ the hunt has ended #8  
Hey good choice! I took delivery of my new 7610 w/352 FEL on Friday also. What a great way to spend the weekend... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ the hunt has ended #9  
Excellent choice. I used mine to mow my yard in about two hours tonight. It used to take me twice that long with my old B6100E. I could never finish mowing in one evening with my old tractor. I like mine better every time I use it. (27 hours so far.) Don't let the orange comments bother you, orange is a great color for tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Congratulations on your new tractor, you will love it.