Buying Advice Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #1  

jtb51b

Tractor
Kubota B2601 , L225 Ford 3000
I am kicking around trading my B2601 (like new<100 hrs) in on a new L3560HST CAB tractor with a loader. I just bought 31 acres, and will have a good bit more bush hogging to do than I had in the past. I already have a TON of 5' implements as well as some 4' stuff that can still be used by the old l225 at my folks place. I also have a Ford 3000 tractor that I could move as well as the larger tractor could take its place and use the light 6' stuff as well. How are these machines on power? I have no problem right now doing the same work with my B2601 it just is not a very comfortable work platform. Will the extra HP of the 3560 make up for the weight difference as well as running the AC? I will be mowing a good bit of grass (5' finish mower) maybe 3 acres as well as bush hogging about 10 acres total. I have a lot of land left to clear but I also have a JD350B track loader as well as a Bobcat 328 Mini ex so I wont have to beat up my tractor to do that. I have looked at an LS XR3135HC tractor and I liked it, and it was cheap but that worries me. I have an excellent relationship with a couple Kubota dealers and their equipment has never let me down. Whats the thoughts? Anyone have the 3560 CAB with an HST-plus trans that does what I do? Next question, what should I expect to pay? I have not even talked to a kubota dealer, may do that when I get back home next week.

Jason

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #2  
I have owned two Grand L's,one larger and one small than the L3560.The L3130 HST open station was very happy with five foot implements and the L4240 HSTC handles six foot with no problems.
That being said;I would recommend up one size to the L4060,slightly more H.P. and a stronger loader.
Cab air-conditioning will eat a little power.HST+transmission is awesome.Either is a huge jump from a "B".

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #3  
I own an open station L3560.

Plenty of weight for ground contact work, but not enough power for wide PTO implements.

I concur with NYBIRDMAN that you will be happier with L4760 in a cab model for operating a six foot Rotary Cutter over ten acres.

The cab weighs around 500 pounds plus AC absorbs some engine power.

Use 'BUILD MY KUBOTA' function on Kubota's web site to determine MSRP for a tractor with the options you want.

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor
Thanks for the input! Both of those tractors are more tractor than I will be buying at this point. The L3560 was actually a stretch of what I would be spending vs what I would be doing with it. (i did price them on kubota) I can continue using my B2601 and ford 3000 with their corresponding implements for now and see what happens in the future. I honestly dont think more PTO HP will help me all that much but a cab (AC ETC) will require more engine HP to achieve the same pto HP, I just figured having a little more loader capacity would be nice it gets a touch hairy moving tote tank cages full of firewood with my B2601. I will likely look into the LS tractors, they seem to offer a lot of lift capacity and HP for the buck, and maybe thats what I need? Only time will tell I guess. Probably will make this year on the old stuff regardless, that old 3000 is rough and tumble but will handle big stuff easily.

Thank again,
Jason

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #5  
I have owned two Grand L's,one larger and one small than the L3560.The L3130 HST open station was very happy with five foot implements and the L4240 HSTC handles six foot with no problems.
That being said;I would recommend up one size to the L4060,slightly more H.P. and a stronger loader.
Cab air-conditioning will eat a little power.HST+transmission is awesome.Either is a huge jump from a "B".
I have a L4060hstc & would agree. My L4060 barely has enough power for my mowing needs. My 7,000' elevation doesnt help at all & is begging for a turbo.I don't regret upgrading from my L3200hst at all, but wish the budget had allowed for the next size up. There is a lot more weight on the grand than my old machine for a worse power to weight ratio. Way more traction & lift though, just no higher (maybe worse) speed on roading & minimal speed increase mowing if there are any hills to lug the extra weight up.

I'd hate to get stuck with the smaller loader. The medium loader I have wouldn't pick up a 1908lbs pallet until pulled 20 lbs off (was able to get it a few inches off the ground to move it before unloading though).

A L3560 is only 300lbs lighter or so & down 5hp. It will get the job done & run a 5', probably 6' mower, just not quickly.

I just saw a L5740, loader & front blower with only 2 hundred something hours for only $33k on Craigslist this week. If I didn't have payments on my new machine I'd be seriously looking at upgrading to that old machine. A lot more power & no emissions (not that I've had any issues with emissions stuff).

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #6  
Oh, and do look at LS/TYM/Kioti. I did & they were good machines with possibly a better bang for the buck. I really like HST+ & some of the engineering refinements kept me with Kubota. Not to mention I wasn't impressed with the 1 and only dealer for all 33 away here in the state of Colorado (3 hours away too vs 15 min for my Kubota dealer).

Thanks, I will definitely take a look at the LS. One real drawback to them is that they are not nearly as close. Instead of a 30 min ride they are about an hour and a half. There is also a Mahindra dealer about an hour away as well but they dont think very highly of their HST tractors, not sure why. I do enjoy my Kubota and it will never have to pull any 6' stuff other than a gang of discs (20x20). Everything else is 5', finish mower, bush hog, tiller, box blade and a scrape blade. I will just have to see how it goes. I may borrow a 6' bush hog to put behind my 3000 just to get everything under control but I dont own it. Strange enough that 6' hog gets pulled by a Kubota L2800 gear drive all summer long mowing about 6 acres of very wet, or unlevel land and he doesnt have a lot of trouble pulling it. We are close to sea level so that helps.

Jason

Made it to the dealership today.The price for an L3460 HC I was offered was $35k that was with a SSGC loader (small loader vs large is 600$) and 2 sets of remotes. ALL were HST plus. He also offered 12,200 for my 67 hr b2601. I told him to sharpen his pencil. I was offered a deere 3039R cab tractor setup the same was for about $300 higher and they offered 14k for my B2601. Both of these prices are about 10k higher than a comparable LS (actually the ls is touch higher HP than either). I have some thinking to do, luckily I need to keep this B2601 for the next couple weeks to help me move (cabs wont fit thru my current 7' door) so I have time. Just throwing those numbers out there for reference. FYI the deere dealer does NOT have the 3039R so I could not sit in it and he isnt sure the timeframe to get one but is checking it out.

Jason

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #9  
Made it to the dealership today.The price for an L3460 HC I was offered was $35k that was with a SSGC loader (small loader vs large is 600$) and 2 sets of remotes. ALL were HST plus. He also offered 12,200 for my 67 hr b2601. I told him to sharpen his pencil. I was offered a deere 3039R cab tractor setup the same was for about $300 higher and they offered 14k for my B2601. Both of these prices are about 10k higher than a comparable LS (actually the ls is touch higher HP than either). I have some thinking to do, luckily I need to keep this B2601 for the next couple weeks to help me move (cabs wont fit thru my current 7' door) so I have time. Just throwing those numbers out there for reference. FYI the deere dealer does NOT have the 3039R so I could not sit in it and he isnt sure the timeframe to get one but is checking it out.

Jason
JD had a smoother HST than Kubota. Also there is a knob to adjust HST sensitivity trivially on the flying the green premium machines. Kubota has ONE button to operate HST sensitivity along with a million other functions. They really need to get their act together on the usability & controls front. In the end though HST+ & price kept me orange instead of green.

/ Thinking of l3560HST CAB tractor #10  
I'd definitely be thinking about a bigger tractor unless you just have a lot of time on your hands. 10 acres to BH with a 5' will certainly burn some hours and you stated you have more acreage to clear. I have about 20 acres to BH and upgraded from a 50 hp open station tractor w/ a 6' BH to a 70 hp cab tractor & 12' batwing BH. Time also has value. Now it takes half the time in the comfort of AC & the M7060 uses about 1/2 the fuel than the MX5100 I traded it for - and much quieter too! ;)

HP