Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S?

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Anyone make this move? Thoughts? My 2014 only has 75 hours, I have most of the BXpanded upgrades and wheel spacers, etc. that I would keep, my current tractor also has the dealer installed Land Pride grapple which makes the tractor in my opinion. Thinking of trading in on the new BX with new grapple, etc. I like the fact that the new tractors have the QA skid steer style bucket, and it has a factory installed 3rd function valve and newly designed loader control. Thoughts? I'd have to write a check for ~$6k, but also get a new 6 year warranty, and a 4 year newer tractor. I thought of upgrading to a larger tractor but in reality the BX is perfect for the property at my current home.

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #2  
Do you have loan on the current unit? 0% is hard to pass up.

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #3  
Anyone make this move? Thoughts? My 2014 only has 75 hours, I have most of the BXpanded upgrades and wheel spacers, etc. that I would keep, my current tractor also has the dealer installed Land Pride grapple which makes the tractor in my opinion. Thinking of trading in on the new BX with new grapple, etc. I like the fact that the new tractors have the QA skid steer style bucket, and it has a factory installed 3rd function valve and newly designed loader control. Thoughts? I'd have to write a check for ~$6k, but also get a new 6 year warranty, and a 4 year newer tractor. I thought of upgrading to a larger tractor but in reality the BX is perfect for the property at my current home.

Not me! I'm sticking with my 2009 BX25. And remember, if you get this kid steer style quick attach, it is so heavy that it dramatically reduces the amount that you can lift with the FEL.

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #4  
The 3rd function is not factory installed, but DEALER installed. It's not a big deal. It's available for your current machine as well. This is the first time Kubota has shown it as an available option, though. For your 25, you'll have to order it from your dealer as a LandPride unit.

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S?
Thanks guys. Sorry, I knew the 3rd function was dealer installed, I misspoke.

Wow, Check, thanks for the info. I had no idea the capability of the new BX23S had decreased so much. I just pulled this chart together, I think I just changed my mind on buying a new BX23S, why would I want significantly LESS performance?

............................................(BX25D) (BX23S Pin-on) (BX23S Skid Steer QA) (Difference BX25D vs BX23S QA)
Lift at Pin (Lbs)..........................745..............739.......................613...............................-18%
Lift at 500MM (Lbs)....................518...............509......................423...............................-18%
Breakout at 500MM (Lbs)............992...............987......................901................................-9%

Land Pride Grapple BX25D SGC0548=156lbs, BX23S SGC0554=180lbs (+24lbs / +15%)

Last edited:
   / Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #6  
Johnkn, do you have the old-style Kubota QA currently?
You could spend $ on the best QA available for the BX from Jery Dunn, add the 3rd function to your machine, and save over $5,000.

I currently have the old-style QA on my BX25-D along with a Land Pride grapple and 3rd function valve. Not sure how I could save $5000. The price of the new BX23S I'm looking at includes the new skid steer QA, 3rd function valve, new Land Pride grapple, and a number of other accessories. The price difference between my trade ( with grapple, etc) and the new tractor (with new grapple, etc.) is ~$6k

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #8  
I currently have the old-style QA on my BX25-D along with a Land Pride grapple and 3rd function valve. Not sure how I could save $5000. The price of the new BX23S I'm looking at includes the new skid steer QA, 3rd function valve, new Land Pride grapple, and a number of other accessories. The price difference between my trade ( with grapple, etc) and the new tractor (with new grapple, etc.) is ~$6k

I was assuming you had no QA and 3rd function, which buying them for under a grand total would save you $5k over buying a new tractor for those options... that you now said you already have.

NP, see original post

/ Anyone trade a BX25D for a new BX23S? #10  
Thanks guys. Sorry, I knew the 3rd function was dealer installed, I misspoke.

(BX25D) (BX23S Pin on) (BX23S Skid Steer QA) (Difference BX25D vs BX23S QA)
Lift at Pin (Lbs) 745 739 613 -18%
Lift at 500MM (Lbs) 518 509 423 -18%
Breakout at 500MM (Lbs) 992 987 901 -9%
Land Pride Grapple BX25D SGC0548 156lbs, BX23S SGC0554 180lbs (+24lbs / +15%)

(IM STRUGGLING WITH THE TABLE FORMAT ABOVE IF ANYONE CAN HELP)

I think you can see there, performance dips when you add a quick coupler. All tractors do this.