Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #1  

Johnkn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX3310
Thinking of moving up from my BX25D to the next size tractor the B2601. Main issue is space in the shed. Anyone know the LOA of the BX when parked from the tip of the loader bucket on the ground to the rear most surface of the tucked BH vs the same measurement on the 2601? Trying to determine exactly how much longer the 2601 is when stored. The dealer that I would purchase from is a long drive away. Thank you....

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #2  
Johnkn, kind of contradictory isn't it? Space is an issue, do you are going LARGER?
I've been between B's and BX's several times. While I don't have the exact length, I recall the B's are only about 18" longer, but barely more, if any. This is the B2301 and B2601, built on the same frame as the B2620 I had... not the B2650 series.

ON EDIT: I fumbled. My numbers were based on non-backhoe tractors. I was seeing, not reading.

Last edited:
   / Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #3  
Here is a list of the basic specs.

I also had a BX25D and considered the B2601 but saw it as not a big enough weight or hydraulic performance jump to be worth the money. So I decided I was moving to the next chassis size up, or just going to stay where I was with the BX. I moved up and I am really glad I did. While my BX was great and all that.... it was FRUSTRATING to me because it just always ran out of hydraulic power trying to dig or lift. With the B2650, I saw a significant and very appreciated increase in every measurable performance indicator on the machine.

Loader is +27% on the B2601 and +54% on the B2650.
3 Point lift @ 24" is +113% on the 2601 and +154% on the 2650.
Your only talking about a 3" height spread between the 3, the 2601 being the shortest height.

But, you mention space restrictions. My garage opening fits the 2650 with about 2" to spare, so I was good on that. The cost for you to take a $12,000 trade on that BX25B TLB and spend a total invoiced cost of about $25,000 on the 2601 leaves a cash hole of $13,000 pre-tax/KTAC. Add in sales tax and KTAC and your up another $2,500 or $3,000... so loan value of around $16,000. That is a $16,000 jump that I could not stomach personally, I went another $1,500 up to the 2650 version TLB and felt that I was buying more everything and getting more return on my dollars. I do not regret it one bit!

EDIT:
Oh, a B2650 TLB can be tucked to 14'-7", with the backhoe turned 90°. But I just left my backhoe outside and covered it with a quality tarp.

Attachments

• Kubota BX and B Comparison.jpg
    Kubota BX and B Comparison.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 369
   / Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #4  
Thanks for that chart, and other details Rock. I have thought about upgrading too. More because I WANT to, more than I HAVE to. That chart was a nice comparison. :)

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601
Johnkn, kind of contradictory isn't it? Space is an issue, do you are going LARGER?
I've been between B's and BX's several times. While I don't have the exact length, I recall the B's are only about 18" longer, but barely more, if any. This is the B2301 and B2601, built on the same frame as the B2620 I had... not the B2650 series.

ON EDIT: I fumbled. My numbers were based on non-backhoe tractors. I was seeing, not reading.

Space is a consideration in my current shed. BX fits fine with much room to spare, just wondering how that would change with the B. thank you

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601
Here is a list of the basic specs.

I also had a BX25D and considered the B2601 but saw it as not a big enough weight or hydraulic performance jump to be worth the money. So I decided I was moving to the next chassis size up, or just going to stay where I was with the BX. I moved up and I am really glad I did. While my BX was great and all that.... it was FRUSTRATING to me because it just always ran out of hydraulic power trying to dig or lift. With the B2650, I saw a significant and very appreciated increase in every measurable performance indicator on the machine.

Loader is +27% on the B2601 and +54% on the B2650.
3 Point lift @ 24" is +113% on the 2601 and +154% on the 2650.
Your only talking about a 3" height spread between the 3, the 2601 being the shortest height.

But, you mention space restrictions. My garage opening fits the 2650 with about 2" to spare, so I was good on that. The cost for you to take a $12,000 trade on that BX25B TLB and spend a total invoiced cost of about $25,000 on the 2601 leaves a cash hole of $13,000 pre-tax/KTAC. Add in sales tax and KTAC and your up another $2,500 or $3,000... so loan value of around $16,000. That is a $16,000 jump that I could not stomach personally, I went another $1,500 up to the 2650 version TLB and felt that I was buying more everything and getting more return on my dollars. I do not regret it one bit!

EDIT:
Oh, a B2650 TLB can be tucked to 14'-7", with the backhoe turned 90°. But I just left my backhoe outside and covered it with a quality tarp.

Thank you, not worried about the $, just that I get the right tractor that fits into my shed. No KTAC or loan. thank you,

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #7  
I just recently measured the length of my neighbors new L2501 and it was 13.5ft on the ground from the end of the bucket to end of the 3pt. No backhoe on his tractor.

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #8  
I bought a B2650 and a few months later my nephew bought a L2601/L2501. His L seemed smaller than my B with less luxury, probably more weight and maybe smaller. made me wish I'd got the L and later traded my B26250 to a L3901 after aquiring 25 additional hill/mountain wooded acres and 3 residential lot acres that needed mowing.

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #9  
I bought a B2650 and a few months later my nephew bought a L2601/L2501. His L seemed smaller than my B with less luxury, probably more weight and maybe smaller. made me wish I'd got the L and later traded my B26250 to a L3901 after aquiring 25 additional hill/mountain wooded acres and 3 residential lot acres that needed mowing.

Johnthomas, Johnthomas, Johnthomas. You my friend make me envious. Do you think Barlowes will give me a good trade and delivery to Illinois? All this new tractor talk has me on edge.

/ Considering moving up from BX25D to B2601 #10  
Johnthomas, Johnthomas, Johnthomas. You my friend make me envious. Do you think Barlowes will give me a good trade and delivery to Illinois? All this new tractor talk has me on edge.

YES, YES, YES....I feel confident Steve Barlow will give you a good deal and have Marvin deliver (If he's back from Hawaii) it to you in Illinois which is, as we say ion Ky, just up the road a bit. Really close to Ky, even joins us so your a neighbor.:D:laughing::cool2: