Tractor
    L3400

Default L3400 basic

As a new member I will first explain what I am up to. I use currently 9 acres of farm land where we will build our house and shop this summer. I did plant a shelter belt this spring consisting of 1800 trees.(no more than sticks right now). The remainder of the land will be landscaped and used to plant more trees with the idea of selling later.
    There is also a new driveway (1100 ft) and a ditch on both sides to be maintained and just seeded with grass.
    After the lease is over in four years from now, I would like to use more land for tree growing. The total amount of land is 120 acres but I want to use it as I need it and lease the rest out.
    With all the coming costs I put myself on a budget that enables me to buy an L3400 4wd with a 6 ft mower. I plan to buy the rest as the need arises. (fel, box scraper, tiller, snow blower...)
    Additionally I would like to ad that the idea is to upgrade in a few years to a cab model most likely with HST. Therefore the approach with the L3400 that can handle most of the equipment that I later would like to use on a bigger tractor.
    The L3400 is new and I would like to hear from others how they perceive this tractor and if those who own one are happy or have second thoughts.

Tractor
    L3400

Default Re: L3400 basic

I've had my L3400 for several months now and I am very happy with it. I maintain 6 acres with it. I love it. Gunman

Tractor
    L3400

Thanks Gunman,
    May I also ask if the difference in weight with an L3130 or L3430 could in your opinion play a role in the implements size I would like to use?
    Tarrak

Tractor
    Kubota 3430 DT, Ag tires

Greetings,

I will say that I have been very happy with my L3430DT tranny/723FEL/AG tires/standard 72" bucket. I use it on 9 acres of patially wooded sometimes wet North Louisiana land. I have 85hrs on it without a problem. It has exceeded my expectations in most every way. I bought a Bush Hog SB-720 box blade with it. My total cost delivered was around 17,500. I think this was a pretty good deal. I wish you luck and recmmend the L-series for sure.

Jamesbo

I purchased the 3400 gst about 2 months ago mainly for bush hogging five acres or so . Then, with a friend who wants to start a business we're meddlinginto the land clearing/ lawn service and brush clearing business'.

Anyway, so far this machine has been terrific. We did notice a small oil leak and took it in and they fixed it immediately.

Good luck with yours.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Take a hard look at the L2800. It's the same machine with a slightly smaller engine and a non-live PTO. kubota rates the machines to run the same equipment (ask the dealer to show you a manual). The single-stage clutch will be much cheaper to rebuild and the initial purchase cost difference could come close to buying an implement. For my BH and earthmoving uses I haven't come close to using up the available hp. I don't think you could go wrong with either machine. Good luck.

Charley