Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader #1  

89vette

Tractor
Kubota L4600
Its a 2016, 12 speed shuttle shift with cab, loader, e pto, 34" radial Ag rears on 34" cast rims filled. Also has two remotes. Purchased new and has 62 hours on it just mowing grass with my 12' LP batwing. For what I do, I should have bought a L6060 probably because of the smaller size and HST. Trying to get an idea how much this is worth. Any ideas?

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader #2  
You could go on Tractorhouse.com and get and idea what they are selling for.

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader #3  
I have sold several newer, low hour Kubota tractors and got about 80% of my original purchase price. I probably could've held out a little longer and gotten more.

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader #4  
Can't help much with value except to say that you will take it on the chin but I do have a couple of comments about your plans.

I have a L6060 and a M9960, both used almost exclusively for mowing.

Your M5-091 is much more tractor than is a L6060.

Yes, a 6060 will handle a 12' BW in most conditions but it will work much harder and use considerably more fuel doing so than will your M5-091. Hydrostats are wonderfully convenient but inefficient. I can put well over 3 GPM through my 6060 when working it hard with a HD 6' rotary cutter. Moreover, unlike the competitive JD 4066R, the 6060 is not available with EPTO, so you will be operating the 148.5 CI engine at around 2500 RPM just to maintain 540 PTO RPM. I expect that you will find that mowing your ground with a L6060 will use nearly twice as much fuel as does doing so with your M5-091. Unless you need to reverse directions frequently or change speeds constantly, there is little advantage of a hydrostat, though there are significant disadvantages.

Finally, I believe that the LP 12' BW is available with the desireable self leveling hitch as an optional replacement for the standard swivel clevis hitch. This hitch is not compatible with a L6060 due to insufficient distance between the drawbar and the PTO shaft. No issues if your BW has the standard swivel clevis hitch.

SDT

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader
Thank you for the detailed response. Since I have a L4600 ROPS with a hydrostat, I find myself going for that tractor for everything except mowing. Grading, forks, grapple, rake and spreader. The hydro is just so much easier to change speeds. In the M5, coming up to a turn or going from flat to downhill and then turn, I'm either going too fast or too slow. I will agree on the fuel. I only burn 1.5gal hour running a batwing @1500 in ePTO.

My property was all overgrown field and I kept cutting and now its all grass. This all stated because I think I would get more use out of a 14' finish mower. Right now I'm using the batwing brush cutter to mow grass once per week. All told its about 12 acres that I mow once per week. The brush cutter does an OK job. Biggest issue is the grass stands back up that is pushed down by the tires. I can get an L6060 with a finish mower for an even trade for my M5 with my cutter. It's about a $10k hit over two years.

Maybe I'll change my mind. Who knows.

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader #6  
Thank you for the detailed response. Since I have a L4600 ROPS with a hydrostat, I find myself going for that tractor for everything except mowing. Grading, forks, grapple, rake and spreader. The hydro is just so much easier to change speeds. In the M5, coming up to a turn or going from flat to downhill and then turn, I'm either going too fast or too slow. I will agree on the fuel. I only burn 1.5gal hour running a batwing @1500 in ePTO.

My property was all overgrown field and I kept cutting and now its all grass. This all stated because I think I would get more use out of a 14' finish mower. Right now I'm using the batwing brush cutter to mow grass once per week. All told its about 12 acres that I mow once per week. The brush cutter does an OK job. Biggest issue is the grass stands back up that is pushed down by the tires. I can get an L6060 with a finish mower for an even trade for my M5 with my cutter. It's about a $10k hit over two years.

Maybe I'll change my mind. Who knows.

Trade the mower for for a mower ...14' all flex grooming mower, golf course quality cut.

If you hit a hill going to fast or to slow.....just step on the clutch and grab another gear....am i missing something here?

/ Thinking of selling M5-091 with loader #7  
Trade the mower for for a mower ...14' all flex grooming mower, golf course quality cut.

If you hit a hill going to fast or to slow.....just step on the clutch and grab another gear....am i missing something here?

That's probably what I would do. The six speed is synchronized and easy to shift on the fly.

There are times, however when I must stop to change between low range 6th and high range 1st or 2nd. I would have paid for the 24 speed power shifting transmission but it is not available on ROPS models and I needed a ROPS model due to trees.

There are also times when I need, or at least want, to shift in/out of EPTO. This, of course requires a complete stop of both tractor and PTO.

SDT