L3130 gets delivered tomorrow

/ L3130 gets delivered tomorrow #1  

Patk

Tractor
Kubota L4330 HST 4WD
Hi All,
I've been lurking here for some time ironing out which tractor to buy and wanted to thank all for some geat insights on size, features, what gets used, what to add later, etc.

I settled on an L3130 HST 4WD, Filled R4's, LA723 FEL, QuickAttach, Std 72" bucket with toothbar and chain hooks (beefed up on top by dealer), Brushhog SBX650 boxblade, and an AnBo 5' grapple rake with electro-hydraulic switch added on the loader control valve.

The grapple is for the brush and small logs scattered about and my 9 acres and lots of other small pick it up, set it aside jobs...I'm sure I'll think of more. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Let me say that it was a tough decision between this and the L4330. I wanted the large lift capacity of the LA853 to offset the 650# grapple, as well as the much better torque/$$ of the 4 cylinder 41HP engine. But in the end the $$ difference was too much. I figured the weight of the L3130 with FEL is around 600-700#'s lighter, but in low range, with calcium in the rears and some 3pH weight, the traction should be close to the same. If I'm dead wrong on thias topic, please don't tell me cuz i'll kick myself for not finding a way to swing the L4330. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm planning on adding 2 rear remotes and perhaps T&T a bit later, as well as a full L35-like ROPS cage shortly (big tree's with lots of limbs waiting to get even), but for this summer and the 'training' period, that's enough to work with.

I'll post pictures shortly.

Prior to this, I've owned 4 shovels and three wheel-barrows...it's been a long time coming.

Pat

/ L3130 gets delivered tomorrow
For those interested in Pacific NW pricing (minus 8.8% sales tax):

L3130 HST-F R4 calcium in rears - 15,000
LA723 FEL - 3,900
Quick Attach coupler - included
EH100 electrohydraulic
valve/hoses/installation for
front aux hydraulics - 950
AnBo 5-GR Grapple w/ Quick attach - 2,905
Brush Hog SBX-650 boxblade - 629
Std. 72" Bucket with toothbar and
hooks & reinforcing - 1,199

Quotes from 4 regional dealers were close, with the local dealer offering free pick/delivery for all waranty work...plus he put up my endless indecision flip-flops.

Sales Tax...ouch.

/ L3130 gets delivered tomorrow #3  
Sounds like a great machine, especially with all those attachments ! Congrats and good luck with the Kubota.

P.S. I thought our 7% sales tax was bad enough.

/ L3130 gets delivered tomorrow
Photo attached of the L3130 ...what a joy to operate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Grapple hydraulics are not quite right though. Very weak when closing but if I set it face down and open the grapple it can easily lift the tractor.

I borrowed a pressure guage from the dealer and it appears to be getting 2400 PSI at one spot up front I checked.

Here's what confuses me though. I have an electric diverter valve plumbed off the curl circuit. I wanted to reverse the control direction of the grapple relative to the bucket curl and swapped the hose connections right on the back of the grapple where it T's off to the two cylinders...I thought that was all it would take, but then the grapple wouldn't open at all!

Confused I put it back and all works as it did before...weak close, strong opening. Not sure what to make of the complete stall when I reversed the hoses.

One other thing, when I am closing the grapple, the hydraulics sound like they are _really_ straining. Even when doing so in mid air. I'm thinking that there must be some blockage at one of the cylinders/hoses?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 451176-untitledL3130.JPG
    451176-untitledL3130.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 299