Used Kubotas selling for original prices?

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #51  
If I trade in something it's because I don't feel like waiting for the right buyer to come along. In the case of a tractor you could sit on one for some time depending on how much you want. If it's only a grand or two, it's no big deal. But $20 grand of equipment sitting idle is a lot of money to be tied up for a month or two. Plus if you took a loan out on the new tractor then you are paying interest on the extra money you borrowed. OTOH if the dealer has 20 of the model tractor I want on his lot and I don't have a task that I need to get done that my old tractor can't do then I sell it outright after finding out what the dealer will give me. Most dealers don't mind you not trading in a tractor.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #52  
There is a lot of convenience to trading at a lower value than an outright private sale. I traded my Bobcat 743, and got $6.5K for it. Equivalent CL ads and my personal starting point would have been about $10K in a private sale. But my "convenience" was this:
- Immediate deposit on my new L2501
- No buyers coming to my house, checking out my property
- No nit-picking regarding the worn tires, shabby paint, noisy pump and general condition
- Nobody coming back to me, complaining that XYZ broke when they tried to do the impossible.
- No being held responsible or feeling partially to blame if somebody got hurt. That thing was tippy and an accident waiting to happen in inexperienced hands. It was a good machine, but glad I'm rid of it.
- Not advertising forever and then doing the death drop on the price as I get antsy.

Some people would have seen that as a $3.5K loss. I saw it as time and hassle saved.
I don't know about anyone else but I'm willing to put in a little work to save 3.5K. I guess it all depends on what your income level is. For most of us that's a couple weeks pay.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #53  
I bought my old Kubota used for twice it's original price. Still great performance and capability, and waaaay less than new. Also, it is a very basic machine; no computers, no fancy options.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #54  
I don't know about anyone else but I'm willing to put in a little work to save 3.5K. I guess it all depends on what your income level is. For most of us that's a couple weeks pay.

I can understand that KB. And I'm not made of money. My biggest problem with private selling was, no matter the point of advertising, I still had to post a location for people to see and test it. And I really don't want to bring strangers to my house to do so. Or, really, invite them involuntarily while I'm away at work. My losses could be a lot more than 3 grand if people with sticky fingers decide to drop by. Not to mention my wife and dogs are vulnerable.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #55  
In many states sales tax isn’t levied on the value of a trade in. So you get to pay in extra tax some of what was gained by selling the potential trade privately.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #56  
I can understand that KB. And I'm not made of money. My biggest problem with private selling was, no matter the point of advertising, I still had to post a location for people to see and test it. And I really don't want to bring strangers to my house to do so. Or, really, invite them involuntarily while I'm away at work. My losses could be a lot more than 3 grand if people with sticky fingers decide to drop by. Not to mention my wife and dogs are vulnerable.

:thumbsup: Exactly...

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #57  
I bought my old Kubota used for twice it's original price. Still great performance and capability, and waaaay less than new. Also, it is a very basic machine; no computers, no fancy options.

Those L245DTs are a good solid machine that will last eons properly taken care of.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #58  
The price of new is a large factor in what the value of used is deemed to be. Inflation affects the cost of used as well as new.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #59  
Don't forget..........this is the internet. 99% of the people will always pay the lowest price possible and then keep it 5 years and sell it for more than what they paid :D

And many places allow you to post "for sale" ads for free, forums, craigslist, etc. Sellers will often list items with ridiculous prices knowing it would take a fool to complete the sale.

/ Used Kubotas selling for original prices? #60  
Don't forget..........this is the internet. 99% of the people will always pay the lowest price possible and then keep it 5 years and sell it for more than what they paid :D

And many places allow you to post "for sale" ads for free, forums, craigslist, etc. Sellers will often list items with ridiculous prices knowing it would take a fool to complete the sale.
And there is sufficient supply of said fools to keep the practice rolling.