Need help on purchase

/ Need help on purchase #1  

chris1976

Tractor
kubota
Hi all! Chris here, need some help on what to buy. Getting 35 acres in WV (hills) with about 12 acres cleared. Will be doing a lot of mowing, food plot for the deer, garden, and driveway maintenance mostly. I'm pretty much decided on a b2650 with FEL and 60 mmm. I have many questions so I will be asking them in the comments as well as now. All the help is much appreciated! What tires? Dealer says turf because the industrial aren't very good on hill sides. Fill tires or counter weight? I think I need one or the other but was wondering if the filling of tires would rob power when I'm doing other things. Keep in mind I'm new to tractors so take it easy on me lol more questions will come in comments thanks again!!

/ Need help on purchase #2  
I don't think the B2650 is large enough for your place. Fill the tires, no loss in power from that since the weight is transferred to the ground.

How much will need mowing?

/ Need help on purchase
About 10 to 12 acres are cleared, house, barn, couple of buildings, garage, 2 ponds which equal at least 2 acres, and driveway take out of the 10 to 12 acres so I'm guessing 7 or 8 acres of mowing

/ Need help on purchase #4  
I'd consider moving from B to L-Series and preferably a Grand L. You won't regret having greater FEL capacity, weight and HP.

/ Need help on purchase
I'd consider moving from B to L-Series and preferably a Grand L. You won't regret having greater FEL capacity, weight and HP.
My reasoning for the 2650 was mmm and no dpf. And it's going to be a lawn mower over 90% of the time. I want a bigger one but didnt know if it would be over kill.

/ Need help on purchase #6  
:welcome:
To TBN Chris. We are glad that you joined.

You came to the right place as we love to spend other people's money. :laughing:

With that much land and with the hills and other things you are looking to do, I would be looking at an "L" at a minimum. The L will give you a wider stance and more stability on the hills. Yes, get the tires filled and it won't really rob you of power. With a FEL you will want 4wd and get the QA bucket.

Be sure to test drive different tractors before you buy to get a feel of what you will be using.

Post some pictures of your land and keep us updated as you go.

Congrats on the land and new tractor when it comes.

/ Need help on purchase
:welcome:
To TBN Chris. We are glad that you joined.

You came to the right place as we love to spend other people's money. :laughing:

With that much land and with the hills and other things you are looking to do, I would be looking at an "L" at a minimum. The L will give you a wider stance and more stability on the hills. Yes, get the tires filled and it won't really rob you of power. With a FEL you will want 4wd and get the QA bucket.

Be sure to test drive different tractors before you buy to get a feel of what you will be using.

Post some pictures of your land and keep us updated as you go.

Congrats on the land and new tractor when it comes.
Thanks ! I will!! And I like I said I'm new to tractors and thought the 2650 would be more than enough lol

/ Need help on purchase #8  
Look at the L2501 if you must stay away from the DPF.

I would get a seperate mower for the 1 to 2 acres of close property and a flail mower for the other acres.

/ Need help on purchase #9  
35-40hp
R4 should be fine, but turf are good too - better in snow not as good in mud.

Consider a rear mower - much easier on/off and you can go 6 or 7'. Or maybe a good brush hog..I got a bush hog 6' on my kioti CK3510 and it's damned near a finish mower.

Getting near to items with a rear mower is a challenge. But a nice zero turn is perfect for htat, for aroudn the house.

I'm working a 25 acre horse farm and 25 hp just isn't gonna be enough - you can go a full foot wider on implements with 35hp and it's not that much more money.

Kioti's 35 and 40hp CK models have filters but no DEF.

My reasoning for the 2650 was mmm and no dpf. And it's going to be a lawn mower over 90% of the time. I want a bigger one but didnt know if it would be over kill.

/ Need help on purchase #10  
Those dam fed regs and DPF. Ideal size would be either 50 hp Grand L or M5060. You will find the wider stance and heavier tractor of great advantage in hilly country.

Fill the rear tires with Rimguard, windshield washer fluid or recreational anti-freeze. Get a FEL and bucket to start and a finish or rotary mower for the 3-point.

You will want 4WD and at least one rear hydraulic connect out back.

A little B2650 and a mid mount mower is going to take forever to mow 7 or 8 acres and its not going to be that comfortable either.

Check out as many different brands as possible, sit on the tractors, grab all the controls, how does it feel/fit, drive them around the sales lot if they let you. Have the sales person introduce you to the service manager and have him show you around the service area. What kind of a feeling do you get from the service manager and his shop. Remember - whatever you purchase - you just might have to deal with the service department.

The one thing a lot of new people don't understand - buying a tractor is not like buying a new auto. You will buy a new vehicle every 3-4 years - national average. With proper maintenance a new tractor will last the remainder of your life - even if you are only 25 right now.

Think hard about what you want to do ten, fifteen, even twenty years from now. Think hard, plan wisely, purchase with care - grasshopper.

AND BTW - - Welcome to TBN and the forum.