Value of Ag wheels/tires?

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #1  

widefat

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200 Husq GT52XLS Husqvarna LC121P Husq 455 Rancher Stihl FS90 Stihl MS170 99 Ram 1500
I am thinking of making the switch from Ag to Industrial -
Tractor: L3200, ~160 hours
Location - Va. Piedmont

What would be your best guess at the resale of 4 ag tires and the wheels?

TIA!~

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #2  
Not very much unless you have a buyer that needs 4 used tires of that size.

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires?
Ok- for the remainder of ya'll, let's assume that a buyer exists, and that buyer does in fact need, and want tires of the size and type that I have, thus fulfilling both sides of the supply/demand equation. Sheesh.

Capture.PNG

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #4  
Is that by any chance the Captain of the Costa Concordia?

Maybe half of what a dealer would want for them would be a good starting point.

NOTHING has a value other than what someone is willing to pay.

I sell a bunch of stuff on-line. Funny, because if you start too high, because you obviously want to get as much as you can, and then lower your price, people are not interested, because if the listing has been up a while, they figure no one else is interested so they aren't either.

PRICE SELLS!

My advice. You just have to hold on to some things a very long time until just the right buyer comes along. It took me years to sell my OEM Mule rims and tires with lots of low offers along the way.

Last edited:
   / Value of Ag wheels/tires? #5  
One of my daughters bought 4 skid steer wheels at auction (tires are about done) when her husband told her, it might be nice to have some extra tires (same size, different wheel though) for their backhoe. She bought them ($5 for the 4 of them).. he gave her a bad time frequently about them, but last week she put them on CL at $100. She had not gotten any calls by Saturday and was thinking of dropping price to $50 when a call called and offered her $60. They met at Shopco 15 minutes later and exchanged money for wheels. He got a good deal, she did ok on her $5 investment.

Agree with above, the right buyer has to see the ad, otherwise may not get interest. It helps to think about things that might be in common with what you are selling and add keywords to your add so it comes up in searches more often.

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #6  
$200 - $350

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #7  
Location - Va. Piedmont

TIA!~

A good rule of thumb is about 50% of new cost, perhaps a bit more with such low hours.

SDT

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #8  
In your area I would say 50% would be where I'd start if the tires were in decent shape.
Current wholegoods price is about $1400 for a set so I would start around $700-800.

I haven't seen much of a market around our area for ags for this size tractor so might have to come down a bit.
All comes down to how quickly you want them gone.

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires? #9  
Location - Va. Piedmont

TIA!~
First off, I would never swap R1 for R4 tires unless all you do with your tractor is mow the lawn which in that case go with turf tires which are absolutely worth nothing for anything but mowing on dry grass.

R4 tires are just a little better at traction than Turf tires. I see folks claiming that Turf and R4 tires are better in snow than R1, I wouldn't know about that since I don't get much snow here but do get lots of wet swampy areas where R4 tires are pretty much useless. One of my tractors has R4 tires and the other R1 and the R1 tires are 1000% better at traction.

As for price of the tires and wheels, try for 75% of new cost whatever that is. I have no idea what the cost for new rims (wheels) would be.

/ Value of Ag wheels/tires?
Thanks for the response - but nevermind~
The wife and I talked. I need the R1 traction, but they are tearing up some of the areas I mow. I dont want to give up using my 72" Finish mower because of the time factor. I quality 72" zero turn is $$$$. SO, my wife suggested I just buy a 25-30HP tractor with turf tires. Ask me how much I love that woman.