BX2200 Any bad feed back?

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #1  

tennis

Tractor
Kubota BX23TLB
I am considering the BX2200 has anyone had anything they did not like about it? Or if you could change something what would it be and why? How about the turff tires vs bar tires? I'm looking at the 54" mower deck with a 50" snow blower. Do I need the rear counter weight with the snowblower? Any tips good or bad will help. THANKS IN ADVANCE......

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #2  
Do a search with the "search" button, type in BX2200, you'll get about a zillion things to read.

What from I can tell most people have things they'd like to change, but wouldn't trade their units for anything else.

My big complaint, severe power lack /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. Tried to use my BX to pull my 6500lb tractor today, dang thing wouldn't pull it. I could only pull it after I attached the BX, my JD garden tractor, my self propelled walk behind, and my Golden Retriever. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

del

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #3  
<font color=blue>Anything they did not like about it?</font color=blue> Kubota has done a good job addressing issues, and redesigning the tractor to accommodate. The only thing that was a challenge was the hitch spread. The models out now (since last fall) have the redesigned 3-point (they retroactively modified existing units). If your tall (over 6'), you might feel you need more legroom. If that's the case, DaveNH came up with a simple solution for that one, BX Seat

<font color=blue>Bar or turf?</font color=blue> An awful lot has been said on this subject. Best place to start is a thread Glennmac posted in Attachments, Choosing the Right Tire--The Ag Elimination Rule

<font color=blue>Any tips good or bad?</font color=blue> In tractoring, all tips are bad… use counterweights and get a tiltmeter! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Roy

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #4  
I have the BX2200 and just came off a winter of snowblowing with the 50" snowblower. The only counterweights I've used are the loaded turf tires. I did use tire chains. The unit performed admirably. No complaints here.

Huck

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #5  
Tennis,unless you have narrow gates or other obstacles to confine you to the 54" deck,I would go with the 60".

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #6  
Definitly get the 60 inch deck unless you have some obstacles that prevent you from passing. The 60 will allow you to cut closer on trees and borders. Do not believe, take the tractor to fresh grass, stop and turn wheels full over and then back off a tad and then engage the mower. Cut a 360 degree circle, the inner, uncut circle will be smallest with the 60 incher--yep, it will trim closer--get it. J

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #7  
Tennis-

I just went through all the trials and tribulations of purchasing the BX2200 vs. B7500.

Check out: Not Again! BX2200 vs B7500

All of the kind folks here have been a great help in the decision making process.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #8  
JudeK... Today is the 24th. Did it come in as scheduled?.... Are ya having fun yet?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Roy

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #9  
Not yet!!!

Still waiting for the rake to come in before delivering the "package".

I'm hoping that it comes no later than Saturday - even if it comes earlier, I'm probably still going to have to take Monday & Tuesday to "get some work done!"

I'll keep you posted -

/ BX2200 Any bad feed back? #10  
JUDEK; hope your new baby arrives soon. ain't it a darn shame u have to take off to do work with that thing/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif. as u use it u will probably FIND more thing that need doing,so u will need to take off more time to play, i MEAN WORK with it./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif