new property- which tractor

/ new property- which tractor #1  

krpig

Tractor
BORROWING RIGHTS ON L35 KUBOTA, BOBCAT EXCAVATOR. RESEARCHING, LEANING TOWARDS BUYING B2410.
hello all
have been reading with great interest much of the posts over the last month or so. thanks to all for the wealth of info. still researching which model to buy. am buying 10 acres w/ existing house. heavily wooded, mostly blackjack oak. what is the best tractor for driving to the mailbox to get mail? winding gravel drive, approximately 500 feet. am considering b7500, and b2410, butam wondering if i should step up to 2910, as we occasionally receive large packages. of course, fel is a must.
thanks in advance for all your help
kevin

/ new property- which tractor #2  
Kevin,

I was reading your "mail run" post out loud to my girlfriend Pat, and we were both laughing /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif !

She had this suggestion for you; forget trying to pick from all those ill-suited kubotas. John Deere has the perfect pedal-powered tractor for those package hauling trips, ...we saw it at the dealer's the other day - think it had your name on it! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Larry

/ new property- which tractor #3  
Kevin,

Got another name for the blackjack oak? I'm not familiar with that local name.

Oh, and when sizing the FEL, don't just consider the lifting capacity, you also have to consider HxWxL. Maybe have to go with an M4600 or so for those really large packages. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

The GlueGuy

/ new property- which tractor
boondox-
thanks for the warning! i'm thinking if i fail to heed your advice, perhaps i should consider adding a backhoe to re-plant the mailbox?!>??
thanks
kevin
GO SOONERS!

pedal-powered....is that available ih hydro?

kevin

GO SOONERS!

glueguy-
dont know another name for blackjack (city boy transplant).

re: loader size, i am just now realizing ive been in denial all along. it must be the M series i really need. thanks for the eye-opener.

kevin

GO SOONERS!

/ new property- which tractor #10  
Kevin, After reading your post and thinking about it at great length, I think that I have found the "PERFECT" tractor for your very difficult task. (Getting the mail /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif)

I have attached a photo of it. Just print it out and tell the dealer that is the one you want.

John Bud

35-43507-little_tractor.gif

Last edited: