Decision made

/ Decision made #1  

moosetracks

Tractor
Kubota B7610, Gravely L
Well, after much deliberation of all the helpful comments, budget considerations, proposed uses, a lot of convincing to my hubby, and just general all-around agonizing, I finally called the dealer today and committed to a B7610, LA 352 loader, B 4672 backhoe, a woods 40" inch tiller and a bush hog 48" rotary mower. It will have filled tires, bucket hooks and includes delivery (50 miles). Total price is right at 20K. Also thanks for all the comments regarding housing for my new toy. I have a passion for building so I designed and am starting to lay out a 20 x 30 pole barn today. Hopefully I can complete the building about the time the tractor arrives in about three weeks with help from my step-daughter and husband. (So what if the house still isn't finished). The TLB will have a 10 x 20 parking space and the rest will be for implements, fuel and other as yet unknown tractor stuff. Thanks again for all the help on all the subjects I threw out there. I'm sure there will be a lot more since this is my first tractor other than the gravely.

Moosetracks (very happy but scared to death)

/ Decision made #2  
Congratulations on a great choice. It also sounds like you're going to have a great "home" for your new investment as well. You've chosen a great package that I'm sure you'll enjoy for many years.

One more thing..... Don't worry, the buyers remorse will disappear immediately after your first hour in the seat.

Greg

/ Decision made #3  
How cold is it there? You may want to get a block heater. It allows the tractor to start in cold weather much easier. If snow is an issue or the temp gets below 20 often it will really help.

/ Decision made #4  
We've all agonized over which one to buy, and it sounds to me as if you're ordered a very nice package. You'll probably want to add a box blade very soon and I'd recommend a 48" one.

/ Decision made #5  
O.K. Congratulations! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Since no one else felt the need to mention it, I will. PICTURES!! You should know that we expect many pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I look forward to many future posts from you as you learn and grow with your new "friend". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Decision made #6  
Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm sure you will get many hours of enjoyment, I mean work out of it.

OrangeGuy

/ Decision made #7  
When I read your post I could not help but think "this girl did her homework... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif"

Do get the block heater like Byronbob suggested. You might also get the heavy duty alternator just in case...you might want to put some lights on later...and it does not cost that much extra...

The 48 inch rotary cutter is the right size...don't get second thoughts and start wanting to buy a 60" cause they "cost about the same." Bigger is not always better. Have to match the cutter to the tractor.

Sounds like you got it right! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Decision made #8  
Great choices. You'll be quite happy with the new tools.

Unless you had previous backhoe experience, run the backhoe with the engine speed at 1800 to 2000 rpm for the first 20 or so hours of operation. The slower engine speed will slow things down while you become familiar with the controls and operation will be smoother.

/ Decision made
Hi ByronBob,
Our weather here in winter is unpredictable. We generally have a very cold spell in January where it hits zero or below and at other times we generally get alternating rain/snow. Generally heavy snow is not a problem. If it snows too much we don't go out cause there is 2 miles of very steep county road that is not maintained in winter. The block heater sounds good but my tractor house is about 1000 feet from an outlet out in the back 40 so to speak. Besides if it's cold enuf that the tractor won't start chances are I won't either!

Moosetracks

/ Decision made #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The block heater sounds good but my tractor house is about 1000 feet from an outlet out in the back 40 so to speak )</font>

Sounds like you need a subsoiler too, then, so you can easily run some underground electric out there. Or maybe that can be the first trench with your backhoe, or maybe a new generator with a welding setup will get you power to your back forty...
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sounds like a nice machine you put together.