Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
Still struggling with all the options, but little by little I'm narrowing things down, with a lot of help from the input on this forum. BTW, looking at an L3130 (I think), with the LA723 FEL.

I'm not even sure what the Quick Attach is, or if it does a similar job to the Skid Steer Hitch. I need an easy change because I will need to switch between the regular bucket, a grapple, and a pallet fork for the FEL.

First, what is this Quick Attach feature, and would it give me as much flexibility as the Skid Steer Hitch? As I understand it, the downside of the Skid Steer is that it reduces load capacity because it adds weight and sticks out more from the arms. Is it worth it verses some other way to easily change FEL implements?

Also, I notice from the Implement Chart all sorts of different buckets: square back, heavy duty round, Material bucket. Could you all give me some insight on the differences? Also, does the LA723 come with a bucket, or is that bought separately?

I'm going to need to move a lot of fill because my land is so flat. I want to build up the house about 24" above existing grade and then transition down to get good positive drainage away from the house. Probable don't need that much, but I don't like a house to look flat to the ground.

Boy, I'm just a font of questions! I hope you can bear with me, I am making progress. Little by little the picture is filling in.

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach #2  
Rolando, yes you could benefit a lot from the quick hitch on your new FEL. It is the same type hitch that the skid steer's have to attach their implements. Basically the quick hitch or quick attach as we call it is two flat pieces of metal on the ends of your loader with a locking mechanism pin that is attached to a lever. the lever in the 12:00 o'clock position is open and in the 3:00 o'clock position is close. This flat piece of metal then slides into a grove and under a lip that is on the quick attach bucket. It takes about 10 seconds to take you bucket on and off. I do not know if any bucket is included with the price of the loader I was just given a price with the HD bucket. An option for the HD bucket, which I got, was the "bolt on edge".
The dealer also installed (a third party option) bolt on tooth bar that is one of the best additions for digging.

Get the HD quick attach bucket with a tooth bar. The bolt on edge is optional.

I don't have any of the other buckets so I'll let someone else comment on them.

Check out this thread.

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach #3  
Rolando:
I have the L3130 with LA723 w/quick attach and love it. I got mine with the 66" HD bucket and added a grapple kit to it. Two dealers made it seem that you had to get the bolt on cutting edge but after looking at the bucket, I think that I can use it without. I will have to remove it to put on the toothbar I have ordered. Get the quick attach, you wont regret it.

I agree with you about setting the house up off the ground. I see many houses so low that I feel like I am stepping down into the house.

Vernon

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach
Maybe I was using the wrong terminology. I wanted to compare the Skid Steer Quick Hitch Option to the Kubota "Quick Couple" option. Those aren't the same thing, are they? Ronjhall mentioned in this post: ronjhall post that he didn't have the Skid Steer, but rather the Quick Couple.

Thanks for the thread reference, Don, lots of good info there.

I came across this product on the Carver site:

ATI "Tach-All"

Does is seems like an alternate to the Kubota Skid Steer Quick Hitch? Does anyone have comments on value/downside to this?

Vernon, I read on several posts that if you get the LA723 you would have to get the 72" bucket. Is this a matter of a dealer swap? I like the idea of a smaller bucket and more per inch force (breakout power?), I'm not going to be dealing with a huge volume of material. How are you liking the HST? Are you happy with the HP on your L3130? On another thread, HP vs Work, I wondered about the benefit of going to the L3830 for the higher horsepower.

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach #7  
<font color="blue"> "I wanted to compare the Skid Steer Quick Hitch Option to the Kubota "Quick Couple" option. Those aren't the same thing, are they?" </font>

Actually they are. In the owners manual the correct terminology for the Kubota loader attachment system is called the "Quick Hitch".

Our (or should I say my) TBN "slang" for it is "Quick Attach".
Same thing. The Bobcat attachments will couple right on, along with the Kubota "quick hitch" bucket. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I read ronjhall's post. I think, and I hope someone can confirm this, that the "quick couple" was on the older Kubotas.

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach #8  
Rolando

It takes a cooperative dealer, in my case, since they are a high volume dealer, they odered a loader and bucket specific to my specs rather than doing any swapping. I stop talking to one dealer who had a pretty good price but kept trying to insist on my getting the LA513 loader. As it turned out, the dealer I went with had better prices and worked with me to get exactly what I wanted. If you look at the Kubota chart, it gives you a variety of suitable buckets for the tractor and loader model you select.

In terms of HP, I think that the L3130 is going to work just fine for me. I really like the HST, in fact I wanted the HST to get rid of gear tractors that did not allow me the fine control of the HST. It depends on what you intend to do. As to the loader I know that the L3130 and the 3430 are going to operate the same. I don't remember the flow rate for the 3830 but a higher flow rate will simply speed up the operations a little.

Don, I'm probably missing something, but look at this picture of the Kubota Skid Steer Type Quick Hitch option on this page from the Kubota web site:

Kubota Front Loader Page

and then look at these pictures of ronjhall's "Quick Coupler":

Ron's quick coupler

They don't look the same to me. Ron's hitch uses a pin at the bottom to tie-in the implement, and has no levers. My understanding is that the Skit Steer uses a lever that you turn from 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock to lock the implement in once you capture it.

What do you think?

/ Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach #10  
Rolando

What Kubota is calling their skid steer quick hitch is usually known as the skid steer universal quick attach or the bobcat quick attach system. It is well worth getting for your loader because it will allow you to buy industry standard tools instead of just Kubota specific tools that you have to buy from dealers.

The quick attach that is shown in the link for Ron’s quick coupler is not the universal skid steer style.

Eric