L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig

/ L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig #1  

wurso

Hi Folks,

Recently I saw a Kubota L3010 that had a rather intriguing setup. Now I only saw some pictures of this rig so I don't have all of the details. But I did take a few notes on some particulars. It had a "Tach-All" quick attachment set up so that it could take Skid Steer front mount implements. This particular setup had a Skid Steer Schulte Snow Blower, and it also had a front bucket that were both attached via the quick-attach brackets. So you could quickly change over from bucket to snowblower.

To change from one to the other, you'd simply unlatch the quick attach, back out of one attachment (a bucket for example), drive into another attachment (a snow blower for example), pick it up, and latch the handle.

Now the rig that I saw had a rear PTO powered Hydraulic Unit, that was mounted on the 3 point hitch. Supposedly it put out about 37 GPM of hydraulic power. Hydraulic lines (with quick attach/detach fittings) were run from this unit to the front of the Loader brackets, so that the Skid Steer Snow blower could be powered. It looked like a real nice rig and I thought that the ease of being able to quickly swap out attachments was a big plus.

I figured I'd post to this group to see what you folks thought about this. First, does any one know where one could find a 3 point hitch mounted/PTO driven hydraulic unit? I searched on the web and came up empty on this one key component. What do you folks think about this kind of setup?

Some time in the near future, I'll be moving to an area that usually has 5-6 feet of snow on the ground during the winter. I think I want to buy a Kubota L3010, with some sort of a front mount snow blower, 6' rear finish mower, hard sided cab (heater of course). But before I take the plunge and simply get the Kubota front mount snow blower, I figured I'd take some time and seriously investigate all types of snowblower options. Any ideas that you folks have would be most welcomed!

Thanks,
--Wayne

/ L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig #2  
wayne: can't help u much with the quick attach unit. but as for the snowblower, let me add my two cents. I DON'T LIKE TWISTING AROUND IN THE SEAT. and from the amount of snow u are talking about your neck will be shot (only gets worse as u get older) if it is at all financially prudent get the front mount.

/ L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig
Hi frank_f15,

Thanks very much for your post. I am utterly convinced that a front mount snow blower is what I want. I have enough neck/back problems already. So looking over my shoulder or twisting half-a$$ed in the seat doesn't interest me in the least.

What interested me about this particular rig that I saw pictures of is that it is indeed a front mount snow blower. Although it is hydraulically driven, and requires a substantial amount of hydraulic power, the hydraulic power unit is in the rear hanging off the 3 point hitch, and powered by the rear PTO. A couple quick hydraulic connections to the snowblower, after a quick-hitch, and you're ready to rock-and-roll. No complicated connecting of the blower to the mid-mount PTO is required. And the blower is attached to the FEL frame.

I'm just wondering about the rear auxillary hydraulic unit, since I can't find any on the web.

--Wayne

/ L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig #4  
wurso, they are out there, I have seen them, now I just have to figure out where so I can let you know! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Well, I guess it gives me a 'project' to handle!

/ L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig #5  
Wayne, if I'm not mistaken a lot of the aftermarket tph backhoes use a PTO driven hydraulic pump. Maybe you could contact Woods, Kelley, Bradco etc. for thier sources? Hope this helps /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ L3010 Intriguing Snow Blower Rig #6  
I have seen PTO mounted hydraulic pumps in just about all the farm supply catalogues, Quality, TSC, Southern States. They come in the 20 to 30 gpm and you have to supply the tank and hoses. Cost around $250 to $300 if I recall correctly. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for the info. I also managed to find PTO haydraulic pumps in the Grainger catalog. It seems to me that it's probably a pretty easy job to marry the pump with a reservoir, and a couple of hoses, and you have a way of transfering energy from the rear PTO to the front with quick attach/detach capabilities.

Thanks,
--Wayne

I thought I'd pass along some information that I learned yesterday regarding a front mount snow blower on a Kubota L3010. Months ago, when I started researching Kubota tractors, I attempted to learn all that I could about the L2052-1 snow blower. The consensus of newsgroup forums, and the dealers I spoke with seemed to indicate that it was quite a project getting the rig off and on the tractor. Since I have some physical limitations, I figured that the Kubota front mount snow blower simply wouldn't be appropriate for me.

Recently I learned that the L2052-1 had been replaced by the L2174. I tried to learn all that I could about this snow blower. In short, no one knew much about it; not the newsgroup forum participants, and not the dealers I spoke with. I visited the Kubota web site in an effort to learn more about the snow blower. They referred me to my local dealers who knew very little about the new snow blower, and had almost no printed information available for it. I again contacted Kubota via e-mail asking for information that was more complete. For quite some time, I learned nothing. That's why the engineer in me started looking at auxiliary rear hydraulic power units, and front mount skid-steer snow blowers.

Yesterday, I got a call from a gentleman from Kubota of Torrence California. He said that the L2174 was a totally new design, and that one of its primary features was the ability to get it attached and removed from the L3010 with no tools, in just a few minutes, and with very little effort. He agreed that the information on the new snow blower that most people had was sketchy at best, and he spent about half an hour on the telephone with me describing the product.

According to the Kubota rep, if an L3010 is set up properly, attachment and removal of the snow blower is very, very easy. The key is that the tractor needs to be set up correctly, and that many dealers don't know how to do this yet. First, the LA482 loader must be used. With the LA481, we get into a lot of difficulty. He recommends a 66" loader bucket with the R4 tires. We'd need a 4 position valve (L2207) option, and an electric chute deflector. With R4 tires we'd need drift cutters (L2177) along with the L2175 front mount kit. The mid-PTO driveline kit is L2051A, and the quick-hitch is L2054B.

According to the Kubota rep, this information is in the new Dealer price book on page 6-64. He recommends that any dealers who are unfamiliar with this new snow blower setup should call Kubota directly at (310) 370-3370 to make sure that everything is set up properly.

I hope this information helps.
--Wayne