BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #1  

Tractor_Jim_CT

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
The dealer 3/4 hour away quoted identical to New Hampshire dealer. Will probably drive out this week to look at or the B2910. Dealer said price set by dealers.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #2  
That seems to be the average price that most are paying now for the BX23. Who are the two dealers? I would buy from the one that you feel most comfortable dealing with. If one of the dealers is Pinnacleview in Walpole (Keene) NH, I can tell you that I have never heard one bad word about that dealership.
What part of CT are you from?

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #3  
I got my BX22 at Emerich Sales & Service. They have a new BX23 in classifieds for $15,299 also is tax free.

Email them at emerichsales@aol.com and talk to Jim. Very nice guy and will work with ya. I would tell anyone looking for a buta to see him. If you buy from him, tell him I sent you and you will get some free stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #4  
I bought my BX23 just a couple of months ago from Chappell tractor in Milford. I looked around quite extensively and they were not the absolute best price but they were the closest to me and they were like the second best price. The best price I got was a dealer out of Pennsylvania who would have shipped out to me for about $800 less than Chappell. My cost for the tractor was $16,400 with bar tires filled with RimGuard, ATI toothbar on the bucket, 50 hour service kit (fluids and filters), high amp alternator, and delivery. I have had to deal with Chappell a few times for service issues and they have been very good. If you want the info I could dig out the quotes I got from the other dealers for comparison purposes.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone.
Hi Junkman

I called the NH dealer and spoke with Mike. Mike suggested working with a dealer in New Milford, with the logic I should buy from a local dealer. I spoke with the New Milford dealer who can have a BX23 delivered this week for the exact price as Mike's. Both were gentlemen and easy to converse with.
I reside in the North Haven/Hamden area. I called three times to the Orange Dealer and received no quote, which is the closest dealer.

I have 3 other dealers of Jinma, FarmTrac and Iron Horse nearby. I've read the positive feedback all have left on the BX23 and BX22 and I'm surprised on what this small tractor can do, yet I'm wondering for the price if I should get one of the Chinese models. I'm leaning toward the BX because I don't want to spend my time fixing a tractor and have also thought about the B2910.

So I'm going nuts. On a side note on tree trunks. One user posted pictures on a tree trunk that was huge, pulled with BX23 or BX22 that took him 2 days. I could hire someone to grind down stumps, but I was thinking. If I dug with the backhoe around a large stump, with a wide enough radius, can one use a chainsaw to say, cut the stump 8 to 12 inches from the top, then cover. Would the outcome be the same as stumpgrinding, except you would have a solid piece of trunk, instead of chips.

Can a BX23 user use the FEL to push snow, skimming 1/2 inch above the surface. I've have a John Deere LX176 mower I bought new ten years ago, that I out a 38 inch plow on with chains and it gets the job done. My neighbor uses his FEL and it does a nice job (don't know the brand, but its a small tractor a little larger than the BX23, yellow in color and older looking.

I fiqure and correct me, if the little John Deere, can push the snow, the BX23 with 4x4 should do even better. 600-700 foot driveway, half is tar the other 1/2 gravel.

Is there a gravel that will harden after use. Keep getting holes after use.

Wow..my hands are tired as well as your eyes after this one.
Had to get it all out.

Jim

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #6  
I used the loader bucket for snow removal last winter and the wear to the cutting edge is about 1/4". It isn't good for long distances because the snow fills the bucket quickly and then you have all that snow building up in front of the bucket as you go. At some point, you have to lift and remove it from the roadway. Holding the bucket 1/2" above the surface can become a daunting task unless the roadway is relatively flat. There are some that may disagree with this and have better results using their bucket for snow removal than I had. Some use a front mounted plow and also like that method. Plows are better than bucket in my opinion, but you have to plow with the storm if it is going to be a large snowfall. If you don't, there might be more snow in front of the plow than the tractor can handle. For the aforementioned reasons, I am using a front mounted snow blower on my Kubota BX22 this winter. Personally, I think the best snow removal tool is the airplane...... and landing in Arizona or some other warm climate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
As for the stump question, you can do this, but you have to chop off the bark of the stump before you use the chain saw. Dirt is the enemy of chain saw chains... I have dug out stumps and they can present a problem of disposal. Also, just because you can dig it out, doesn't mean that you can move it. I have dug out rocks that I wasn't able to get out of the hole because they were too heavy. It is like catching a skunk by the tail. Once you have it, you are not sure what to do with it, but that is another story for another day. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
As for the size of the machine that would be best for you, without a profile, I have no idea of the terrain of where you live, nor the amount of land that you have. I have 15 acres and a BX. I know someone that lives on 2 acres that has a L48. Both are correct for what we both want to do with our machines. Only you can make the decision as to what you will need in sizing the machine. We can make suggestions, but you are the one that has to live with it if it is too large or small. Purchasing a gray market or for that matter any tractor that doesn't have a good parts and dealer service support network can and will eventually lead to dissatisfaction. If you purchase one of these tractors, they you will have to learn how to repair it if you can't get service sometime down the road. You will not have this problem with any of the major brand name tractors. You will have to weigh the advantage and disadvantages for yourself.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #7  
16,000 is the going price around here Tucson Phoenix. Wheater it is the right tractor is up to you. I used mine to clear about 800 feet of fence line yesterday. I could push over or dig up mesquite trees up to about 3 inches in dia. Bigger ones I cut off with saw and push out of the way.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #8  
If you want, you can PM me and I'll send you the name and number of the Florida dealer who sold me mine for $16.3k including the 60" mower deck. I'm sure they would fax you a quote, that you could at least use to bargain down the other dealers with. My dealer apparently sells alot of the small machines, and just have decent pricing to start with.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #9  
<font color="red"> On a side note on tree trunks. One user posted pictures on a tree trunk that was huge, pulled with BX23 or BX22 that took him 2 days. I could hire someone to grind down stumps, but I was thinking. If I dug with the backhoe around a large stump, with a wide enough radius, can one use a chainsaw to say, cut the stump 8 to 12 inches from the top, then cover. </font>

I think those were probably my pictures. I agree with Junkman on the stump issue and would add that even if you were to clear the dirt from the roots, The roots themselves are very hard to cut through without ruining your chain. If you want to go through a few chains, then it may be an option for you. But most stumps aren't really that hard to dig up. The big one I dug being my exception. Most I have pulled in an hour or two.

/ BX23 - quoted 15,900 plus tax..Thoughts anyone. #10  
I got my BX23 from Jim @Emerich for 15,900. at the very end of 2003 (bought myself xmas present) If I had only told him you sent me then I might have saved 600.00 and got free stuff too..... Even at that price Emerich was cheaper than the local dealers, Did the price come down in 04?