Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #21  
Personally, I would not favor loading the tires on my BX as I want the flexibility of NOT having that extra weight on the machine when it's not needed. Using a 3pt attachment (or the BH) for any necessary added weight for traction/balance purposes works much better for me for how I use the machine. And with multiple implements, I can choose the amount of weight! About 250 lbs with the "concrete in the bucket with drawbar" attachment; about 450 lbs with the Woods 5000 chipper/shredder (new gloat...) and, of course, the big kahuna...the backhoe for serious weight during snow removal. And when I mow the grass...no extra weight, other than my fat, err...posterior.

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #22  
<font color="red"> At least you don't have your personal air in your tires. They'd probably melt from the heat.....hot air.....hehe
</font>

Daryl, the point is to balance the weight on the front with weight on the back. . . filling the rears with my hot air would lighten the back. Now that might be good for mowing, but not FEL work.

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #23  
Bill
My statement is in reference to Ballast for a loaded FEL.
If the FEL has a load, the ballast whether it is with loaded tires or a weight box passes through a similar path.
When the tractor starts moving then a whole lot of other factors come into play.

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

Has anybody seen this in writing from Kubota or is this just heresay handed down from a dealer who may or may not have his own agenda?

Until Kubota issues an official policy statement to its dealers and customers, I would not take this as gospel. Speculation and panic on the part of the uninformed public is bad and counter productive.
)</font>

That was the first thing that came to my mind. I don't see why they would make a policy steering people away from filling tires. Although including a weight box with some of the smaller loaders is a good idea.

We have not heard anything in reguards to this.

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires
I can take a picture of the"Kubota Canada Fall" flyer if you'd like. It shows a pic of the free weight box and says, "Filling the tires is not the best option" or something like that.

Our dealer had just returned from the fall dealer meeting and was showing me one of the new weight buckets. He said Kubota Canada is pushing hard to eliminate tire filling on all their machines.

He mentioned some of his ag customers are going to radial tires without filling and ballasting as needed. He had several M series with radial ag tires in stock which I assume he chose to mount as I don't think they are an option on an M6800 and M9000.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">(

Has anybody seen this in writing from Kubota or is this just heresay handed down from a dealer who may or may not have his own agenda?

Until Kubota issues an official policy statement to its dealers and customers, I would not take this as gospel. Speculation and panic on the part of the uninformed public is bad and counter productive.
)</font>

That was the first thing that came to my mind. I don't see why they would make a policy steering people away from filling tires. Although including a weight box with some of the smaller loaders is a good idea.

We have not heard anything in reguards to this. )</font>

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #26  
I just recieved the same "Kubota Fall Supersale" flyer in the mail and it reads ...

"Proper 3pt. hitch counterweight is essential for stability, safty and front axle protection. Fluid filled rear tires is not the best option."

"Purchase a new BX, B, L or M-Series tractor and loader, and recieve a free ballast box valued at $195 to $750..."

Steve

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #27  
Ah, now we see the real reason for all of this.

Kubota of Canada wants to get a piece of the action and sell weight boxes instead of losing $$$ to the manufacturers of CC, windshield wiper fluid and Rim Guard. They are giving them away now but that is good business practice at the beginning.

The dealers will also lose too since the profit on the weight box is less than the profit on their parts + labor for filling tires.

Folks, it's the corporate bottom line, thats all. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #28  
<font color="red"> The dealers will also lose too since the profit on the weight box is less than the profit on their parts + labor for filling tires.

</font>

The Kubota dealer filled the tires for free! The NH dealer sold me a weight box, he would have charged to fill the tires, I forget the cost, but it wasn't too much. I'm not sure they actually make very much on filling the tires when you buy your tractor. They might charge more if you take the tractor back later and ask for a fluid fill?

I guess each dealer probably has different pricing policy on filling tires.

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #29  
Doesn't it get cold in Canada? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe they've been having too many problems with improperly mixed fluid freezing in the tires? I guess it would be a small percentage, but maybe some folks are putting too weak of a mix of antifreeze or washer fluid in. Wouldn't take many to create a bad PR situation.

/ Kubota Corp and weight boxes vs loaded tires #30  
Didn't Woodbeef mention something about Kubota having trouble the front axles on its utility tractors in several other threads?