Opinions welcome on my purchase

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #11  
Thanks Bird for responding. I like Kubota and I really like the 2910 however this dealer thing makes me see JD4400. Have at me.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #12  
And even manufacturers are known to "play both ends against the middle" in their treatment of dealers, trying to keep everyone happy. They will listen to a dealer's complaints about another one, pat them on the shoulder, agree the other one isn't acting in accord with the requirements, say they're going to "take care of them", then go give the other one an award for excellent sales. They're not dumb, either, but do have be as diplomatic as possible.

And, as Bird said, there have been quite a few posts very favorable of Carver, and none that I remember that were unfavorable, unless they were admittedly dealer-influenced. And frankly, they're not worth my time to listen to, even if I don't have anything else to do. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I've never bought anything from Carver, or visited them (though I have talked to them), so I don't have any personal knowledge or interest in them, but don't care to see anyone maligned via hearsay.

Mark

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #13  
Hey David, it won't make a penny's difference in my pocket whether you buy Kubota or John Deere, or whether you buy from Carver or elsewhere if you decide to go with Kubota./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif I do wonder what happened when you say Carver didn't respond to your e-mail, because I e-mailed him a question once about putting fork lift forks on my loader bucket and you should have seen the detailed information and alternatives available that he sent me. Good luck with whichever way you go.

Bird

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #14  
I did not mean to ruffle any feathers out there, all Im trying to do is buy a tractor that will fulfill my needs. Thats what my local dealer told me and all I wanted was responses that may make any decision easier.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #15  
No offense intended, or taken, David. This bird doesn't get his feathers ruffled too easily./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif But I am a bit skeptical of dealers who feel they can't compete without badmouthing their competition.

Bird

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #16  
Bird , I agree completely. I worked in sales many moons ago before country and sky called. I just want a good tractor. Im glad people still have passioned positions.

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #17  
Bird,

Before I bought BLUE I e-mailed Steve and got a detailed, immediate response...was very impressed.
Over a week ago, I e-mailed his service guy about the Hourmeter issue...and nothing! I just don't think you Kubota guys can deal with the fact that a New Holland with 5000 hours on it has more left in it than a Kubota with 3500 on it! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
You buyers shouldn't be afraid to look at BLUE and buy from the world's largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment!

JimBinMI /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #18  
JimBinMi, I wasn't afraid to look at Blue; in fact, I did. I even think Blue is a prettier color than Orange. But I decided I needed a tractor instead./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #19  
Hi Spev.
After following this forum for about a year I purchased a B2710 earlier this spring. This is sure a great place to get advice! I live in southern Wisconsin and purchased it from Carver Equipment.
Carver was very easy to do business with, I saved $$ and got the tractor as quickly as I would have if purchased locally..
And it did come fully assembled with a full tank of fuel and ready for work! I have about 40 hours on it and am very happy with it, I ordered it with the loader and a tooth bar on the bucket.

PS. Since this is my FIRST post. I would like to thank Mark and Bird and the other regulars out there for all the great info on lots of subjects and all the laughs..and Muhammad for making it possible..THANKS

/ Opinions welcome on my purchase #20  
JimBinMI, I know your comments were addressed to Bird, and he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself, but I wanted to point out that Kubota probably has their hourmeter set up to accumulate time at a higher rpm, or slower rate clock-wise under normal operating conditions, because they know it'll last longer and they don't want people getting the false impression that the tractor is as close to being worn out. I mean, if you see two sitting on the lot, and they were both used the same amount of time, but the Kubota has 2000 hours on it and the NH has 3000 on it, well that's probably pretty representative of the shape they're in and how much they've got left. Also, you'll most likely find them on a Kubota dealer's lot, because the Kubota is probably there because the owner needed a bigger one, or it outlasted him/her, while the NH owner probably traded his in on a Kubota. Those NH's aren't good for much, but they will wet a guy's appetite for a real tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark

P.S. Oh, by the way, when I bought my L4310HST, I did look at NH. If they'd had their 50hp class tractors in HST & SuperSteer, I have seriously considered them. Those tractors seemed to be very well engineered and made. I've never looked at the smaller ones like you've got, so I really don't know much about them. Short version: I have no idea what I'm talking about but I enjoy picking on you. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif